• Milwaukee - I have faith in Doc Rivers

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • New York - it turns out Thibs was the hero NY needed

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • OKC - after stealing a franchise, stealing a title is nothing

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Minnesota - Winter is coming

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Phoenix - Luxury tax? What luxury tax?

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Clippers - The world needs a Harden vs Morey postscipt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakers - Never bet against the whistle

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Embiid put in a good performance in a crunch playoff match?

Well I'll be damned, never thought I'd see the day.

At face value, but 4th quarter when it counts: Bruson 14pts, Maxey 12 pts, Embiid 6 pts.

Time for Mitchell Robinson to get some credit from people in the wider NBA community - his defence on Embiid throughout this series was simply ridiculous. Coming back from a serious ankle injury to do that is crazy. His minutes in the 3rd/4th today completely changed the game

Giannis has played 17% of minutes over the last two playoff series.

It’s pretty frustrating getting clowned on when you know full well you win both series with him, like there’s no way the Pacers win this series against a healthy Bucks but alas that’s sport.

Never were going to beat the Celtics anyway so not totally bummed, more just bummed to not see the team play at full strength and have any kind of real chance.

No ones beating Denver, Minnesota or Boston. Bundled out in the playoffs or not even making the playoffs is no big deal.

No ones beating Denver, Minnesota or Boston. Bundled out in the playoffs or not even making the playoffs is no big deal.
Would still be nice to see the team at full strength for the first time since the championship. Would rather lose to Boston in the ECF with a fully healthy roster and enjoy a post-season run than be bundled out due to injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for Mitchell Robinson to get some credit from people in the wider NBA community - his defence on Embiid throughout this series was simply ridiculous. Coming back from a serious ankle injury to do that is crazy. His minutes in the 3rd/4th today completely changed the game
Matchup data is in for the series -
Embiid was 12/34 FG (35.3%) and 3/11 3P (27.3%) when guarded by Robinson this series.

having said that Knicks only got 27 minutes out of their 2 man bench today. That is not sustainable.

having said that Knicks only got 27 minutes out of their 2 man bench today. That is not sustainable.
I expect Precious to get minutes in the series against the Pacers. Bojan's injury hurts our depth a heap especially with Randle out already. McBride 9 mins is unlike him as well - should get more

Pretty amazing series. Tip your hat to Brunson, came up huge.

Thought the effort was there all the way. It was the usual things where they came up wanting. Perfect end for Tobias.

Squarely on Morey now to reshape the roster. Embiid, Maxey, cap space and a healthy cache of picks. One last ride but keen to see what it produces.

Was a great series. Wasn't manufactured either, just happened organically. Very evenly matched.

Nick Nurse needs to calm down though, is going to give himself an aneurism.

It’s true, I mean we beat them without Giannis/Dame. We should have still been capable with Middleton/Portis/Brook etc.

Awful coach but even worse role players doesn’t help though and I’d argue the Pacers looked at this as their grand final.

10 years without a playoff win, against the team you beat 4-1 and had beef with? Yeah they gave 110% and fair credit to them. I don’t see a world they beat the Knicks though.

You're damning the Pacers with faint praise.

Dunno why, they're a fun team.

He’s not perfect and he certainly had an average series but when you have so many bigger issues he kinda slides under the radar.

Possibly the least talented Philly roster since 2018. Nurse's personality grates on me, but given you effectively traded Simmons for cap space, hard to blame him for not beating the #2 seed. Depending on who you ask, either Kelly Oubre or Nic Batum was the Sixers' third best player, that's just the reality for this season.

I thought we overpaid but it was a master stroke in every facet

Got RJ off the books, perfect piece next to Brunson and means we didn’t overpay IQ and found McBride as a lovely piece

This team is one piece away now
I fear theyre going to overpay Hartenstein but no idea what cap space they have or the status of contracts. Need another scorer but hope they dont go silly for Donny or something either. Be patient, find a good fit as the core is there for sure

I thought we overpaid but it was a master stroke in every facet

Got RJ off the books, perfect piece next to Brunson and means we didn’t overpay IQ and found McBride as a lovely piece

This team is one piece away now
I had no doubts it would look good this year, it was always going to depend on what sort of contract he signs. The rumoured amount he wants is an eye watering amount. He has been incredible though and one of the few players who is fun to watch on both ends.

You're damning the Pacers with faint praise.

Dunno why, they're a fun team.
The Bucks are the first team in the history of the NBA to win a playoff game without their Top 2 scorers.

Yeah, I'm not giving the Pacers much of a chance for some good reasoning. They're not an awful team but certainly not the kind of team that should be progressing past the second round. I'd be incredibly shocked if Brunson & Co cannot deal with them pretty swiftly.

Back