• Thilthorpe

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Brown

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So Caminiti is the only KPF for the Saints to come in despite us going in with an undersized defence. Says a lot about how bad Zaine Cordy is.
Cordy was a spud at the BULLDOGS

Marshall a chance not to play .....rolled ankle last weekend, only ran straight lines at training today .....50/50 but likely to play IMO, just won't be 100%

I think there are 3 problems with selection this week.
The first is if Butts goes down with injury we are in trouble down back with Doedee and Hinge as our talls. Obviously selection is a gamble at times but this too much of a gamble. I hope the saints don't pull a late injury and King into the squad. I would have preferred we drop Sholl (problem 2) who was terrible defensively last week. Move Hinge to the wing in Sholl's spot and Worrell in for Hinge. If we need extra height down back during the game we move Hinge back to help out and move Soligo on the wing.
Problem 3. Fogarty. What happens if his knee breaks down in the game or he is impotent up forward regardless. We should have brought Gollant in and rested Fog.

I like Parnell into the team but why not drop Milera for him and bring Worrell in? Why is Sholl getting picked instead of bringing in a mid like Berry so we can rest Sloane or to allow us to use Crouch as the sub instead of starting 22.

I think we would have been better off with Worrell, Parnell, Berry, Gollant into the side.

I assume they're worried about Worrell's match fitness and wanted give him a month in the sanfl.

seems unnecessary.

Can we change the title of this thread to Whingefest?
To read the prophets of doom on this page, you wouldn’t think that most of the media rate us and have tipped us to win.
Incredible input, as always.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we change the title of this thread to Whingefest?
To read the prophets of doom on this page, you wouldn’t think that most of the media rate us and have tipped us to win.
How about Liking Fake Posts. After all you agree with a post that claimed posters are whinging because we aren’t playing 3 key position defenders which was bogus.

Your contribution to this thread is 1 post about selection, 2 about posters. Thanks for your valuable contribution.

As opposed to the comments on here?
It's a bunch of people answering the question 'will the Crows win - yes or no', versus a bunch of people questioning 'will the Crows' small defence be able to stand up to the taller Saints forward line - why or why not?'. The latter seems like deeper analysis, no?

Unless you can provide some analysis as to why a shorter backline would help us?

It's a bunch of people answering the question 'will the Crows win - yes or no', versus a bunch of people questioning 'will the Crows' small defence be able to stand up to the taller Saints forward line - why or why not?'. The latter seems like deeper analysis, no?

Unless you can provide some analysis as to why a shorter backline would help us?
It’s not so much the ‘analysis’ - it’s the relentless glass half empty complaining that I find depressing.

How about Liking Fake Posts. After all you agree with a post that claimed posters are whinging because we aren’t playing 3 key position defenders which was bogus.

Your contribution to this thread is 1 post about selection, 2 about posters. Thanks for your valuable contribution.
You’re extremely welcome.
But how about this - I’m looking forward to seeing the team take another step forward and overrun the most defensive team in the comp. I think Parnell’s run from the back line will be instrumental.

It’s not so much the ‘analysis’ - it’s the relentless glass half empty complaining that I find depressing.
'Glass half empty complaining' suggests there's no reason for it. And I agree that it happens on this forum from time to time

In this case, there's a definite reason, unless you want to refute it

'Glass half empty complaining' suggests there's no reason for it. And I agree that it happens on this forum from time to time

In this case, there's a definite reason, unless you want to refute it
There really isn’t. As someone else said on this thread - not many teams have two tall defenders anymore. They’re not a particularly strong offensive team anyway, the challenge is breaking through their defense. Hence Parnell.

Back