Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

We used to have a plasma, and we bought a Chromecast for it. You stick it in an HDMI port on your TV, open the streaming service on your smartphone app, and select what you want to watch. Once it starts to play on your phone, tap the Chromecast icon in the top corner, and it goes to your TV. It was very effective. Then we bought a smart TV and didn't need that anymore.

Thank you, will have to look at that as I was thinking of moving the plasma in to the kids play area as we have newer tvs etc now

I've been meaning to look in to one of these, I have a plasma TV from 2009. Does it simply just plug in to USB and work? Or will it not necessarily work with some older tvs?
I have 2 mi box's and a firestick and both are superior to the laggy/slow ui's on most smart tv's
As long as you have a hdmi port to plug them in to, your good to go ,even on older tvs .

Baby Reindeer

4 eps in. Pretty great. Stalkers fascinate me. Actress playing Martha killing it. Also enjoyed the Lover, Stalker, Killer doco on Netflix too.

Watched the first 4 episodes last night.

oh my god wtf GIF by GaryVee

We did enjoy Unfrosted, even if it was a wacky film with the tone of an American kids TV show like PeeWee Herman. The best metaphor for breakfast cereal was the kids eating out of the dumpster, as a lot of that crap is just sugary junk food (in other words—Garbage). The number of cameos in this movie was off the charts, and it kind of distracted from the film. Seinfeld played his part perfectly. Even Melissa McCarthy was tolerable in this film (which is no mean feat). It's not a film I'd watch again, but it was OK. Weirdly, I don't think I've ever eaten a pop tart. But Kellogs certainly got a boost from this movie. 6/10

Last edited:
Baby Reindeer was a...wild ride.

Don't want to spoil it too much but it is a must watch even if confronting.

8/10
Watched it in one sitting. It’s a tough watch, confronting and disturbing but compelling at the same time. To think all this actually happened to that guy.

We started watching true crime thingy 'Till Murder Do Us Part: Soering vs. Haysom'. Stopped paying attention after 5 minutes - the case and consequences were laid out in the intro, mystery gone. Not an AI fear monger but I draw the line at its use to create images in a true crime doco, intro again. Further research tells me it also lifts a lot of footage from a separate German documentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Final. Attack on Wembley.
Absolute insanity. For anybody that’s watched it could you imagine if this happened on grand final day.
Absolute chaos and carnage.

The Final. Attack on Wembley.
Absolute insanity. For anybody that’s watched it could you imagine if this happened on grand final day.
Absolute chaos and carnage.
The stupid thing about all that is the loss was a good result for the country, if they'd won it would have been bedlam. It's a perfect example of how English football doesn't deserve nice things.

The Final: Attack on Wembley. Decent documentary that probably eggs on the story a little but worth the watch. On the one hand, it makes you appreciate the passion for the game some people have but more often makes you think what a sad bunch of losers these people are. It will make you glad England lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back