Conspiracy Theory The Moon landing - 40 years on

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha, love this specific conspiracy that the Apollo's Lunar Module's were primarily constructed of 'aluminum sheets, tin foil and duct tape' which is a laughable misrepresentation of the external thermal cladding while completely ignoring the actual structural elements of the craft..!

Refer enclosed photo of the LM2's interior and note the absence of the aboveformentioned materials..?

Apollo_Lunar_Module_Inside_View.jpg

Ha ha, this picture is a favourite for the conspiracy theorists as it does clearly depict 'duct type tape' around the explosive escape hatch installed on a capsule code-named 'Liberty Bell' (by astronaut/pilot Gus Grissom) during the Mercury-Redstone 4 suborbital 15-minute test flight in 1961.
This thick Kevlar tape was originally used during pre-flight tests of the hatch to prevent the heads of the 70 bolts acting like bullets when the explosive hatch was triggered and although not really neccessary the tape was retained for the flight.
Moreover, I've no idea why this loon included an 'outer-space' wikipedia reference considering this was a short 'earth atomsphere' test flight that barely exceeded the altitude of commercial airlines..?

Last edited:

Seriously. I just laugh at how easy these posts are just so easily debunked, GG. At the same time, I shake my head at how fast they spread throughout the internet with people just gobbling them up as evidence of a staged moon landing. Just rotting people's brains.

p252.jpg

The crew of Apollo 16 pose during a training exercise at the Kennedy Space Center. Shown left to right are Lunar Module Pilot Charles M. Duke, Commander John W. Young, and Command Module Pilot Thomas K. Mattingly II. (NASA Photo 72-H-249.)

Posted on NASA's website.

There is no record of this alleged fake moon landing video being released by WikiLeaks. This claim was fact-checked many years ago by Reuters and found to be false, they also stated the video contains publicly available "behind the scenes" footage from the fictional 1970s movie "Capricorn One"...

GC, if you're going to continue to post widely circulated easily debunked conspiracy pics/video, may I suggest it be something we haven't seen 50 times before...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back