Votes: 17 45.9%
  • 1-3

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • 0-4

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted a while back, if we are 9-0 I’d go with an under 27’s side give all those on the fringes a run at it. They’ve played enough footy together now, would be a great watch if not a winning one you’d think but we could take a full team up and get rolled anyway and have to back up against GWS. We owe GC a favour or two..
While I don't mind the idea, it's fraught with danger.

Port had a similar strategy last year. Rest everyone for the Carlton game, and basically accept defeat in order to get everyone right for the top of the table match with the Pies the week later.

Unfortunately for them, they dropped both games and it was the beginning of their slippery slide back down to pretender status.

I'd be inclined not of f**k around with momentum and chemistry too much, particularly if we're still undefeated when that game comes.

Rest whoever is sore, and maybe manage a Stanley, Touhy, Hawkins or Duncan who are approaching the end, but don't just take 6-10 players out for the sake of it.

What we're doing is working. 1-3 go out to rest, 1-3 who are well rested come back in. Rinse and repeat.

While I don't mind the idea, it's fraught with danger.

Port had a similar strategy last year. Rest everyone for the Carlton game, and basically accept defeat in order to get everyone right for the top of the table match with the Pies the week later.

Unfortunately for them, they dropped both games and it was the beginning of their slippery slide back down to pretender status.

I'd be inclined not of f**k around with momentum and chemistry too much, particularly if we're still undefeated when that game comes.

Rest whoever is sore, and maybe manage a Stanley, Touhy, Hawkins or Duncan who are approaching the end, but don't just take 6-10 players out for the sake of it.

What we're doing is working. 1-3 go out to rest, 1-3 who are well rested come back in. Rinse and repeat.

A mindset where you accept losses is like a warm blanket in winter. Once you get into it it's really hard to get out.

A mindset where you accept losses is like a warm blanket in winter. Once you get into it it's really hard to get out.
Fitting considering I've spent the last 18 hours shivering with a cold in bed.

Sydney weather is the most overrated thing in the world. Once the rain starts, it pisses down for 6 days straight.

I posted a while back, if we are 9-0 I’d go with an under 27’s side give all those on the fringes a run at it. They’ve played enough footy together now, would be a great watch if not a winning one you’d think but we could take a full team up and get rolled anyway and have to back up against GWS. We owe GC a favour or two..

We wont go completely 27 and under but we will rest a few guys from the darwin weather.

Well if they are going to get rotated anyway I would rather they get rotated this game.

Put a game into Hardie, Conway, Neale and give Clark a bit more time in the middle. I'm not suggesting we send the Magoos.
Yeah but I mean, rotate like two

If they are going to roll us up there I would rather take the B team and rest the players for the following weeks, the Darwin games tend to take a toll on the players long after the game

I really can’t understand why any games are scheduled up in that shithole and I lived there for a year or so …for anyone that wants to attack me over that view
I like Darwin having been there many times of late, but not lived there.

But it is uber humid to go with the hot. It can be dangerous and the locals are not always that welcoming.

And don't go for a swim.

This thread is hilarious. It’s gone from whether we win the upcoming 4 games to a discussion as to whether or not we should tank the GCS game in Darwin!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
FWIW I don't think we should tank any game. Not a good look internally let alone externally.

Rest a couple? Certainly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Darwin having been there many times of late, but not lived there.

But it is uber humid to go with the hot. It can be dangerous and the locals are not always that welcoming.

And don't go for a swim.
Darwin is about 30-40 years behind the rest of civilisation absolute s**t place to live imo

Darwin is a really good little town theses days- worth a visit.
Rest Hawkins maybe but that’s it- take our close to best team. Need to ensure we bank these points.

Port at home , Suns in NT , Giants at home , Rich at home

we should win 3 out of four .
Agreed. 10-2 would be a hell of a platform and is entirely achievable. The Port and Richmond games I'd be mortified if we lost either, then we should take one of the other tougher ones unless our form drops in a hole.

Agreed. 10-2 would be a hell of a platform and is entirely achievable. The Port and Richmond games I'd be mortified if we lost either, then we should take one of the other tougher ones unless our form drops in a hole.

Suns in the slippery up in the NT will be more difficult than the ladder position would indicate. Think they have a very good record up there. Might be a game to go small... and GWS like KP. Probably similar to their showgrounds or something. ... So not as easy as some might think... but if we are a serious side then we go well and 3-1 is a reasonable outcome.

Suns in the slippery up in the NT will be more difficult than the ladder position would indicate. Think they have a very good record up there. Might be a game to go small... and GWS like KP. Probably similar to their showgrounds or something. ... So not as easy as some might think... but if we are a serious side then we go well and 3-1 is a reasonable outcome.
Yes that Suns one I have marked out as most likely for a loss out of the next 4. They are awful away from NT or Gold Coast, but at those grounds present a formidable challenge.

Again...we are basically agreeing on 3-1 and I expect most people would.

I agree plus the suns get a sighter to the darwin conditions this week which we dont.

Suns are also playing a few of there players that were born up there so that could be an advantage in those conditions plus they play there 2 weeks in a row so I don’t know if that will be an added advantage or disadvantage

Back