The Mighty Claremont Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

I think hes just what Claremont needed imo hes an outside player with a great kick against south he only played a qtr. The injury was due to leather pousin, nah i think they just didn't want to risk him i think he had around 10 disposals in the 1st. A great pickup and stands out with his hair should help alot with our dveloping midfield bring on subi!

Can we make it 3 100+ wins in a row??...

Surely not...

EFH I dont actually care what the margin is ..... just hope we beat those wannkers at Subi.

Bitter .. lol .. a little.... I have to see the funny side of things... You thought you had a bad day.

Faark me I was given tickets from a WAFL representative .. not from Claremont... well thank you so much .. 2 frebbies.:thumbsu:

Took my 13 year old to her first WAFL GF.

All dressed up in our blue and yellow. Very chipper both of us.

Farrk.:eek::eek::( The seats were in the Subi member area .. we had the Subi Colts and reserves in front of us.... half pissed and vocal ... but I must say not antisocial.... just loud. VERY FAARKEN LOUD TO BE HONEST.

So do you think that was an enjoyable day ...lol.

I know poor form but , my daughter has not been to a WAFL game since.

Yes you are all correct poor parenting skills.:eek:

why is the wafl so stupid to put the game on at the same time as the dockers on sunday? Can anyone givbe me an actual reason why? could of got at least 6000 people if it was on saturday as usual. Bloddy hell they annoy me. Anyway more of the good leedervile food for us

why is the wafl so stupid to put the game on at the same time as the dockers on sunday? Can anyone givbe me an actual reason why? could of got at least 6000 people if it was on saturday as usual. Bloddy hell they annoy me. Anyway more of the good leedervile food for us

What loser would go to a Docker game over a Claremont game anyway?

Claremont v Subi >>>>>>>>>>>> Freo v Geelong

Turn it up mate Claremont & Subi dont have 6000 supporters between them!!:D

Yet another big win for the mighty Tigers!!

They were 71 point winners over Subi at Medibank Stadium this afternoon.

A couple of observations...

1. another solid game from the likes of Fyfe, Richo and Chad Jones, these types of players can always be relied on to pull their weight and give a little more than required.

2. Eric Mackenzie is absolutely hopeless, his disposal, descion making is terrible, in fact I couldn't pick a positive from his game today...He should be playing amatuer C grade for Wembley.

3. The Tiger are playing with alot more pride this year, they are MUCH more prepared to stand up for each other, there are heaps more 1 percenters, and the song is belted out louder and prouder than ever!!

Quarter by Quarter

1/4- Fairly even

2/4 Claremont pull away

3/4 Absolutely disgusting quarter from the Tigers, Subi peg a few back-get within 30pts
replace this quarter with some decent footy and we would have won by 100+ again

4/4 Another great quarter from the Tigers, some fancy stuff to put some icing on the cake

Overall, another solid performance on our way to the premiership!!!!

Thoughts???

Thoughts?

You ****in beauty comes to mind.

I just hope that Claremont can keep this up all season and not fade in the finals.

As to the previous comments on supporter numbers, I think the issue is more supporters not attending rather than there not being any.

I went to the 1987, 1988 and 1991(?) Grand finals against Subi. Claremont has always been short of supporters but Subi had heaps at those games. They were basically the reason that the ground was pretty much full.

Should have heard the Subi fans going off in 88. Very happy to avenge the defeat we inflicted on them in 87.

God I loved that ground back then. Standing room on the southern wing, big grass outer on the eastern end.

The place is a shithole now.

Stevenson-Lewis.jpg

Eagle listed Lewis Stevenson in action against the Lions...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, I wish I could put Claremont as the team I support, in the blurb next to my posts.
You get to choose an AFL team, but to be honest, Claremont is and always will be my number one team.
Backwards looking of me I know, but what the hey.

Good to read the hard core Tigers fans posts.
I confess I don't follow them the way I did when I was a kid (a long time ago).
Dennis Marshal was captain and Bruce Duperouzel and Colin Tully and the like running around when i was coming through playing for Swannie Tigers.
Started going to the WAFL again a couple of years ago, mainly to watch the Freo players in the 2's. Haven't seen many Tigers wins, good to see they are having a better year.
Might get down tomorrow and have a look at Fyfe.

Four in a row. Top of the ladder. :D

Great effort by the Tiges against East Freo today (the WAFL team I loathe more than any other). It was the first time I've seen Claremont this season and what really struck me was the discipline and concentration of the playing group. I don't think there's too many stars at Claremont; it's more that you've got 22 blokes just giving it their all for four quarters.

Big showdown against also unbeaten West Perth next week.

I went to the presentations tonight always a great thing. My Brother used to play for Claremont until he had 3 knee recos he was tooted to play afl but I guess these things happen. Anyway after the game my brother is really good mates with Jonesy and I was having a chat with him and he said hes really enjoying he's footy because there is no pressure on him to perform. I thought this was really good to actually hear him say that and you can feel the culture of the club has changed and this is shown on the footy field. Simon Mcphee has done a really good job to motivate these boys and its showing now keep it up Claremont the premership is ours to loose

I went to the presentations tonight always a great thing. My Brother used to play for Claremont until he had 3 knee recos he was tooted to play afl but I guess these things happen. Anyway after the game my brother is really good mates with Jonesy and I was having a chat with him and he said hes really enjoying he's footy because there is no pressure on him to perform. I thought this was really good to actually hear him say that and you can feel the culture of the club has changed and this is shown on the footy field. Simon Mcphee has done a really good job to motivate these boys and its showing now keep it up Claremont the premership is ours to loose

Simon McPhee is such a impressive coach, will get a AFL role eventually.

You guys do not realise how much of a positive influence McPhee has had that club. The player respect him, unlike that idiot Kerr..

Can anyone here confirm if Simon McPhee is a brother of former Western Warrior opening batsman Mark McPhee who died tragically in a car accident on the way to Mandurah quite few years ago now?

They look very similar and I played a bit of amatuer colts footy with Mark McPhee at Mt Lawley back in the early 80's.
Nope. Simon's brother is a few years older than Simon and used to be a regular at Steve's Hotel in Nedlands. Absolutely no chance he would have had the skills to play elite sport.:D

Simon is actually an Old Aquinian. Switched to Hollywood Senior High School (the place that got knocked down so they could build Shenton College) in 1983 to finish his schooling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back