Analysis The MFC Trade Rumour Analysis Algorithm - A collaboration

Remove this Banner Ad

Update - Version 1.1:

ms7Cdjz.jpg

We seem to have somehow developed a unique set of trade rumour analysis conditions on this board. So, given our love of #sillyseason trade rumours, I thought it might be worth us capturing those conditions and developing an algorithm to analyse trade rumours associated with our beloved club. Sort the wheat from the chaff and all that.

Here's what I've come up with a first cut. Please note that this is very basic, and is likely to have a number of logic flaws. Consider it a 'beta' version:

Version 1.0

YO7FM1A.jpg

The intent is for this to be a collaborative effort. Consider it an off-season project. So, send in your suggestions for additions/modifications and deletions, and we can update the algorithm.

Who knows, maybe over time we'll be so good at trade rumour analysis that when some pleb Herald Sun journo comes to Big Footy looking for trade rumours, he might actually get something useful! Although, given some of the conditions currently in the algorithm, this may result in 'trade rumour Inception' and cause the universe to collapse in on itself :drunk:

Last edited:
What about "was the rumour posted on demonland?"

Yep, that'll need to be slotted in there somewhere!

The question is where does it fit it? Is it an early red flag, or does it fit in after a 'no' answer to 'Has trade rumour come from another poster on the Melbourne Big Footy club board?'. If it sits there, we can still cover ourselves with the 'caravan' check...

All excellent suggestions. :D I'll figure out how to weave them in.

I'm starting to think that a 3D matrix might have worked better than a simple flowchart...

Needs a 'does the deal remind you of Mitch Clark?' with a 'be ready for a kick in the guts'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just spectacular Benwah83 - you have a fantastic future. Unfortunately the future is probably in a public service policy think-tank somewhere, which is a sad waste but at the same time somewhere you would certainly shine. :)

This is just spectacular Benwah83 - you have a fantastic future. Unfortunately the future is probably in a public service policy think-tank somewhere, which is a sad waste but at the same time somewhere you would certainly shine. :)

As it turns out I currently work for a consultancy...

...whose main clients are public service/public sector. :$ But thankfully there's minimal policy think-tanking involved.

See I want to work in the public sector and can't get a ******* job.

That's fantastic. Very thorough and detailed. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Needs a reference as to who holds all the cards in said possible trade.

s**t, I remember that guy. He must be drowning in his own fluids with all the cards Geelong are laying on the table right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back