The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unprecedented Cup winners again just this year.
Unprecedented departures of outrageous talented players, virtually playing with 7/10 new players.
Injuries to Nabbout, Lekkie, Arsalan, Good.
Travel back after a win in Thailand 4 days ago...
Some people have unrealistic expectations.

We've conceded 6 goals twice in our last 3 league games. Our performances in the Australian cup against minnows was very poor.

Face the facts, he isn't a very good manager needs a complete reversal of form to not get sacked within the month. This isn't some brand new annoyance, has been clear for months he is out of his depth.

Unprecedented Cup winners again just this year.
Unprecedented departures of outrageous talented players, virtually playing with 7/10 new players.
Injuries to Nabbout, Lekkie, Arsalan, Good.
Travel back after a win in Thailand 4 days ago...
Some people have unrealistic expectations.

I.wouldnt have thought not losing 6-0 in two of the last three matches was unrealistic expectations.

The team has never performed fluidly under Rado. They won the title on talent and the previous system, got exposed in the GF, and now have been dumped out of the cup and conceded eight goals in two league fixtures to start 2023/24.

Nothing in his career history screams.successful manager. He's been an assistant his whole career and it shows right now.

did you say the same about JA, PK? Joyce?
easy to attack the coach when we have a poor run
again, pls comment on the facts quoted in my post that you replied to- indisputable- we made the GF again last season, won the PP, and currently lead the ACL table in our division.
The new recruits need time to gel together- we have lost 70% of our starting team from finals last year, and yesterday, Lekkie, Good and Arsalan missing is huge coming back from Thailand.
If you didn't think we were ready to be annihilated yesterday, you are deluded

Nah you're deluded.

I'm off the Rado train. Was never on it to begin with. Was shocked when he was just announced with a contract. Really should have been caretaker for the season and then make a decision from there.

6-0 is never acceptable. Not twice in 3 matches. Our defence has been shaky the whole year. I know the team needs to gel and was expecting to struggle. But I just don't see what the game plan even is.

Dominate possession for 3 shots on goal? Sit too high up the ground allowing multiple chances a game for teams to play over the top?

I'm not saying sack him now. But we need to be looking for a replacement and do it properly this time. If there are no better options sure stick with Rado for the moment.

I'm off the Rado train. Was never on it to begin with. Was shocked when he was just announced with a contract. Really should have been caretaker for the season and then make a decision from there.

6-0 is never acceptable. Not twice in 3 matches. Our defence has been shaky the whole year. I know the team needs to gel and was expecting to struggle. But I just don't see what the game plan even is.

Dominate possession for 3 shots on goal? Sit too high up the ground allowing multiple chances a game for teams to play over the top?

I'm not saying sack him now. But we need to be looking for a replacement and do it properly this time. If there are no better options sure stick with Rado for the moment.

Won't last another game if we don't get a win this week.

Anyone get an email from the club about buying tickets to the derby on 23 December? I've bought plenty of tickets to home games not involving the derby over the years, and I'm supposed to receive an email about the ticket window opening on Thursday (from memory). I don't think I've received an email from the club since April, actually. And I don't recall unsubscribing.

Anyone get an email from the club about buying tickets to the derby on 23 December? I've bought plenty of tickets to home games not involving the derby over the years, and I'm supposed to receive an email about the ticket window opening on Thursday (from memory). I don't think I've received an email from the club since April, actually. And I don't recall unsubscribing.
Yeah I got the same email. I was getting far too many club emails about random marketing and kids training academy stuff that I finally went into my subscription preferences and unchecked a bunch of email lists.

I've still been receiving some club emails though, definitely saw the various new signings since end of last season.

Been watching the ACL matches?
Did you notice the conditions and accept the travel factor and the absentees from our team this week?
Yes and I fully understand that. But we have had heavy game loads in the past and while form had dropped and even cost us a grand final it didn't lead to complete capitulations.

I have been watching the ACL matches. We looked terrible in one, average in one, and looked good in another.

We looked just okay against WU. But looking at their performance against WSW maybe they are just as bad as us.

So for me that makes one decent performance since the final against Sydney.

I am sure we will get better as the team gels. But Rado has yet to show me anything and these massive defeats, even with a new team that hasn't had much time together, isn't good enough and shouldn't be brushed aside.

Missing Lekkie, Nabbout, Arsalan, Good will not occur every week.

Nobody is brushing it aside, but in a 27 or so game season, in the middle of Asian travels, there is plenty of time to recover.
Our GF capitulation was totally different to what we saw on Sunday, apart from the scoreline.
Nabbout IS out all year. Leckie is injury prone. So it's not the farfetched.

All I know is the team has been getting gradually worse since Rado has taken over. And I worry that now he can fully implement HIS game plan and not just tweak PK's like he did for the bulk of last year things will just get worse.

I don't think we will finish last. But I don't think we will be anywhere near top either. It's gonna be a bit of a rebuild year. That's fine.

But I need to see some kind of clear game plan and ability to respond when things aren't going our way.

Right now it's just "put natel and Caputo on and keep doing the same thing" which really isn't good enough.

Missing Lekkie, Nabbout, Arsalan, Good will not occur every week.

Nobody is brushing it aside, but in a 27 or so game season, in the middle of Asian travels, there is plenty of time to recover.
Our GF capitulation was totally different to what we saw on Sunday, apart from the scoreline.
Another good point is the only game I can say we have looked good so far this season was one Rado wasn't even there coaching for. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I got the same email. I was getting far too many club emails about random marketing and kids training academy stuff that I finally went into my subscription preferences and unchecked a bunch of email lists.

I've still been receiving some club emails though, definitely saw the various new signings since end of last season.

That's the thing. I haven't got the email. I saw it on the club's twitter account. I don't actually recall signing up to an account with the club. I just assumed that they got my details from Ticketek. Perhaps I ticked something when I bought tickets most recently through Ticketek that removed me from the club's mailing list.

That was swift.
Lots of you will be happy now.
Seems like too nice a bloke for this industry

Being swift hopefully means the club has someone lined up and just finalising it.

Kisnorbo is on the verge in France of being sacked...

I never got the impression that Vidosic was going to take us to the promised land, just presented as uninspiring as a people leader and spoke with a lot of football cliches.

I reckon my left shoe actually has more charisma than Rado.

An experienced and well-credentialled assistant coach, but when presented with the opportunity to be the head coach, mostly kept delivering what he always had in his assistant coach role.

Being swift hopefully means the club has someone lined up and just finalising it.

Kisnorbo is on the verge in France of being sacked...

Two wins from 33 games played for Paddy, and the axe is hovering over his neck. Seems like he would have been sacked last weekend, but the City Football Group had a change of heart.

Two wins from 33 games played for Paddy, and the axe is hovering over his neck. Seems like he would have been sacked last weekend, but the City Football Group had a change of heart.

Been a horrid period for him over in France.

That was swift.
Lots of you will be happy now.
Seems like too nice a bloke for this industry
Seems like a great guy. Don't hate him as a person at all. Just not head coach material. I think a complete fresh start is for the best considering our situation.

I wasn't expecting a fast start to the season with the afc and squad turnover, but when the wheels fall off, they really fell off.

No shocked in the move, let's just hope we tighten up at the back and take a few more Shane's and we'll bounce back pretty rapidly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back