Game Day The Luke Jackson Cup - Round 20 Friday Night Footy vs Melbourne at Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Dockers have converted 26 percent of defensive midfield chains to inside 50s compared to Melbourne's 49 percent."

Tells the tale. We have damaging ball users, but our atrocious forward line means we hold it up because we know it's going to come straight back the other way if we move it too quickly.
Exactly, and if that problem is not rectified, we will squander another window...

We have a medium term problem coming up now and it’s very apparent tonight.
We cannot win a flag until amiss and Treacy are at 50 games. I’m certain of that.
But that requires pain in the short term. We will lose games that we could win by playing Tabs, Colyer, Schultz etc.
We have a top 4 defence, a decent midfield and a bottom 3 attack. When pressure comes on in finals and chances are at a premium, Schultz and Logue and Frederick kicking horrible behinds won’t do.
I would give anything to put someone like Jack darling in that forward line. Won’t be popular and come at me all you like, but he kicks goals. He kicks goals. End of.
This has been on the cards coming to the end of a long season.
JLo refuses to drop players out of form, or are carrying an injury.
Should of seen more of Treacy, Meek, Erasmus.
Our marking power, contested ball is why we will do an Essendon and continually
lose finals.
Our spine is suspect, if we play the players you mention maybe we are a chance?

He has been awful since his last injury, not doing any of the things he was previously.

A bunch of those came early and resulted in goals plus non calls that cost goals.

13 frees against to halfway through the last isn't much. If most came early, then they must've put the whistle away for Melb since whereas the complaints on here are all through the game.
Nah, it's a nonfactor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When looking at the stats in the app , says we have more kicks, marks, handball and higher disposal efficiency by a fair bit, is this broken and not updating?

If it isnt broken how do you get flogged all over the ground with those stats?

Not read a single post in the thread, just my own uncorrupted opinion FWIW.
Longmuir needs to stand up and take responsibility for poor team selection. Rory is obviously sore and Freo refused to select Meek. Can you believe they dropped Banfield for COLYER. Taberner has never been a footballers a'hole and that is not about to change. Hey J Lo, seeing as Griffen is terrified if he gets a kick anywhere in sight of the big sticks and doesn't have the best pair of hands, has it crossed your mind about swapping him with Cox or Ryan? Nah, didn't think so. Don't get sucked in by the bad Weideman talk, I'd have him in by side before that dumb goat Taberner everyday of the week. No X factor whatsoever in the forward line, quit some of these over rated garden gnome small forwards and go all out for Zuhaar sic or similar.
Get Fyfe salary cap destroyer off the books.

I could go on all night.

ps
Hey Sean D, any chance you may take a mark before season end. Gotta laugh at Griffen going around the corner when he hasn't yet perfected the 20m straight in front drop punt.

Yep, the team is obviously cooked.

Just need our younger guys to get fitter and stronger and we'll be in the hunt for the flag going forward. It's a shame though, we looked amazing at times this year.
We're not winning a flag with the forwards we put out there tonight.

I don't even think it can stand up in a final even if we make it.

When looking at the stats in the app , says we have more kicks, marks, handball and higher disposal efficiency by a fair bit, is this broken and not updating?

Facetiousness aside, conservative ball movement + getting crunched in contested possession = ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back