Scape Goat The Lid: Where is it at?

Is the lid off?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I think they're playing superb football. We're playing good football but they are playing better.

I’d say it’s 55/45 in favour of GWS but my opinion could change depending on how we look on Sunday.

I feel like we show up against big teams and expect the Giants game to be a showcase as to why both teams are premiership contenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say it’s 55/45 in favour of GWS but my opinion could change depending on how we look on Sunday.

I feel like we show up against big teams and expect the Giants game to be a showcase as to why both teams are premiership contenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put it this way im more nervous about tomorrow than next week.

I've watched their games closely this year and I think they are better defensively and in attack. I also think the gap between their worst and their best is less than ours.
You must have been responding before I got my edit in... I saw you response to someone else earlier... Thanks :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe this thread hasn't been bumped after Saturday!

Explode Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Definitely no excuses now, no one else looks like a dynasty team that is going to win 3 in a row. Things are going great so far, obviously the Richmond game was bad from us.

The core has played together for 3+ years now, with key acquisitions in Grundy, Jordon and Adams. Heeney in Brownlow winning form. This has to be it. Get it done boys.

Knock on wood

I hope your mind has been changed now Ticky? :wink:
Was the worst I've seen them play. And the first time Toby hasn't kicked a single goal in a Derby match.

Full credit to Horse & the Team. I think Jordon's game on Whitfield needs far greater kudos then he's getting. Completely shut him down and killed their run from halfback.

Richmond revisited
Everyone is obviously frustrated about the Richmond bye, but there are a couple of silver linings.

Firstly, there is a rumour that the club had a virus making the rounds that week. A virus would explain the lethargy and poor decision making that plagued that game and the following week against the Eagles.

Moving forward I believe the chant ‘remember Richmond’ could be an effective motivator, similar to the ‘Queenslander’ chant in the NRL State of Origen. ‘Remember Richmond’. Two words that could instantly focus the mind as there is not a player on the team that would want to revisit that disaster.

Richmond revisited
Everyone is obviously frustrated about the Richmond bye, but there are a couple of silver linings.

Firstly, there is a rumour that the club had a virus making the rounds that week. A virus would explain the lethargy and poor decision making that plagued that game and the following week against the Eagles.

Moving forward I believe the chant ‘remember Richmond’ could be an effective motivator, similar to the ‘Queenslander’ chant in the NRL State of Origen. ‘Remember Richmond’. Two words that could instantly focus the mind as there is not a player on the team that would want to revisit that disaster.

And if that doesn't work then they can go the next level with the V for Vendetta chant:
'Remember, remember, the 24th of September (22)'.

Richmond revisited

We started their dynasty only fair in return they start ours

Ive been hurt too many times before.

2014 we were playing some of the best footy I've ever seen us play only to not show up on GF day, 2022 again we didn't show up on GF day.

Lid is staying on until 29th sept here

Thats pretty much where i stand with looking ahead.

But what a start to the season never thought we would be 7-1 with a % of almost 150.

I'm cautiously optimistic. We've been steadily building with the core group of youngsters since 2020/21 and have been improving. The off-season acquisitions have propelled us forward.

The forward line isn't fully firing yet and remains our biggest question mark.

If we keep our form and keep our players injury-free then a premiership is definitely within our grasp. Provided we show up during finals of course.

I'm cautiously optimistic. We've been steadily building with the core group of youngsters since 2020/21 and have been improving. The off-season acquisitions have propelled us forward.

The forward line isn't fully firing yet and remains our biggest question mark.

If we keep our form and keep our players injury-free then a premiership is definitely within our grasp. Provided we show up during finals of course.
If we keep winning the lid gets looser........................

I like loose lids.

Back