Scape Goat The Lid: Where is it at?

Is the lid off?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we’d win in 2016.

I honestly did.

Unfortunately 3 AFL appointed stooges dressed in yellow had other ideas.

And I haven’t dared get my hopes up since.

But 2024 is slightly different.

Confidence has crept back into DQ.

The lid (at least in my mind) is loosened.

Significantly.

We've been building to this year/era for 5-6 years.

We went to the draft and got Gulden, JMac, Campbell, Rowbum, Logan, Amartey, McLean, Warner, Blakey, Florent, Hayward, TMac and have now got 50-100 games into all of them.
The 2020 draft.. Logan, Campbell & Gulden!
  • good chance they combine for 75 goals
  • good chance all three are named in the b22 under 22
  • good chance 1 or more become all Aust.
  • chance one wins the brownlow
Thats a bloody good draft!
Then theres the next lot - Gus, Corey Warner, Konstanty, Green, Roberts, Buller, Edwards, Cleary, Mitchell etc etc etc. We've stopped drafting for the now and started drafting KPPs for 3-4 years from now as these 'kids' cant get a game.
All these 'kids' are a year older, heavier, stronger and have bigger tanks

We Signed Heeney, Mills and Paps up to be One Club Players and they'll continue to lead the younger crew for another 5 years.
We held onto Buddy for an extra year, held onto JPK for an extra year.. and it gave these two Legends of Footy an extra year to nurture, mentor, train, and install the Bloods Culture into the next wave (tsunami!)
We recovered from losing COLA and our cap is well-n-truelly back under control.
We traded for the first time in years Grundy (good chance hes 'recruit of the year') Adams (who may challenge Grundy for 'recruit of the year'). Both will help our clearance needs. We traded good depth in Hamling and Jordon
We've still got some old heads, some Swans greats in Parker, Rampe, Lloyd etc
The List is FIT!

Bucks just described our Coach as 'the most consistent person in footy' - a huge compliment. Our coach has the absolute support from all the assistant coaches, CEO, Head of footy etc, and Every Single Player. Feels like that support goes both ways.
Bucks then described the club as an.. "egoless organisation, they spread the load, bring in people that are good at their jobs and let them do what they're good at".. Spot on.
Basically the Club has their sh*t together better than probably any other sporting club in Australia.
We've got new head quarters, gym, indoor field, recovery facilities which aren't only state of the art but extremely well thought out and planned to suit every need. We walk to our new training ground (remember a few years ago, we Didn't have a training ground!). We walk to the SCG..

2021 - exceeded expectations to play finals
2022 - exceeded expectations to make the Grand final
2023 - Had the 2nd worst injury list in the comp and still finished 8th. At one stage had injuries to 12 KPPs. No team wins with that.
2024 - Its our 150th bday..

The lid is OFF

I really try to not open this thread but here I am doing this in the pre season.

Episode 6 This Is Crazy GIF by PBS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

glad i got the gold membership
Funny, I got a call from the swans membership office. They were doing a membership drive and i got a call from some lad that was very tentative about asking me if I was interested in re-signing.

By the end of the call I had a couple of premiership club memberships. Kid didn't realise he was preaching to the choir.

Last edited:
I think it's fallen down the back of the stove.

I hope we won't need it again any time soon...

Back