Team Mgmt. The Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

didnt know quite where to put this so ive settled on here.

watching the footy show just now, damian barrett seems to think that the weapon's position could be in question as the club is panicking about all these soft tissue injuries. obviously the fitness staff couldnt have anticipated the extent of these injuries but surely they're not questioning their grand plans after less than a season??

I wouldn't read too much into that. The quote from us was " we will continue to review all positions" so the media have taken that as pressure on the weapon. When you would think that is us just making sure our procedures are running properly and to the best of our ability with who we have.

As others on the forum have posted, this was never a short term plan, we will be the strongest side in 2 years, whatever short term pain happens before then is exactly that.... Short term.

I wouldn't read too much into that. The quote from us was " we will continue to review all positions" so the media have taken that as pressure on the weapon. When you would think that is us just making sure our procedures are running properly and to the best of our ability with who we have.

As others on the forum have posted, this was never a short term plan, we will be the strongest side in 2 years, whatever short term pain happens before then is exactly that.... Short term.

completely agree, the football media seem to be proclaiming some kind of curse or something like that.

we'll show them. we'll show everybody...

Injuries
Monfries 1 week
Zaharakis 4 weeks
Ryder 4 weeks
Hurley 3 weeks
Remiers 4 weeks
Hibberd 5 weeks

Prismall ?
Davis ?
Long ?

Suspensions:
Hocking 1 week

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/weekly.asp
Injuries
Monfries - chance this week
Zaharakis 4 weeks
Ryder 3 weeks
Hurley 2-3 weeks
Hibberd 2-3 weeks
Remiers?
Prismall - LTI list
Davis ?
Long ?
Colyer?

Suspensions:
Hocking 1 week

Mark Fine on SEN last night said that Crameri has a calf injury and is doubtful this week. Wouldn't have played even if he wasn't suspended for the two games.....not sure how much truth in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interview with Hird he said,
Crameri/Monfires back this week
Hocking/Hurley back next week
Reimers back following
Ryder/Hibberd back following
Zaka back following

Basically, we'll be getting starting 22 players back for each of the next 5 weeks and we should be firing come finals time.

Prismall returning from injury and Pears 3rd week back:

Link
Prismall's happy return
By Ben Guthrie 12:02 PM Sun 22 Jul, 2012
1_TR070512MW%20151.jpg

After almost 12 months on the sidelines, Essendon midfielder Brent Prismall collected 15 disposals in his first game back in the VFL since rupturing his ACL in round 19 last year. Playing for Bendigo on Saturday, Prismall managed to come through three quarters without bother and did not appear to be hampered in his movements.

Bombers defender Tayte Pears played a commanding role in his third game back from injury, while first round 2011 NAB AFL Draft selection Elliott Kavanagh continues to impress.
Link

How long until Dell goes back on the rookie list then?

Prismall returning from injury and Pears 3rd week back:

Link Link

How long until Dell goes back on the rookie list then?
As soon as Prismall was named to play Dell went back on the rookie list.
Davis was put on the LTI List, so Dell was upgraded in his place.

Any update on Stanton? Apparently a small hammy rip. I've had a couple of people tell me that but I can't find anything.
I also had a couple of people tell me that Jobe hurt himself as well so I'm hoping it's all crap.

Stanton pulled up really badly once in the 3rd so I'm guessing there is something wrong with him. Don't know how bad it is though.

Any updates at all. The herald sun had Hibbered missing another 3 weeks. Don't see the point in the club not being up front about things. It's not as if they are avoiding the heat by keeping injury severity secret.

The secrecy about the injury situation is probably also about keeping the opposition guessing.

Which is annoying from the perspective of a fan, but ultimately understandable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back