Club History The Hell of being a Demons Supporter

Remove this Banner Ad

What fresh, daily hell have you all lived through?

I mean, so much of this sh*t seems made up.

Spencil was a certain type of special, that's for sure. I doubt there's ever been someone so unco / injury prone stay on a list for so long (9 seasons [I think] for 38 games, of which we won 5).

I believe it's this game:

He scored his first AFL goal the following week.

Probably Spencil's best moment of his career:

What a great day that was. Nibbler 3 goals in his second game, Max's breakout, Cats fans leaving early in Corey Enright's 300th.

What a great day that was. Nibbler 3 goals in his second game, Max's breakout, Cats fans leaving early in Corey Enright's 300th.
I got a mini footy signed by Jake Spencer that game!

Spencil was a certain type of special, that's for sure. I doubt there's ever been someone so unco / injury prone stay on a list for so long (9 seasons [I think] for 38 games, of which we won 5).

I believe it's this game:

He scored his first AFL goal the following week.

Any yet there was a poster on here who thought Spencil was a gun. Bizarre.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why are the cats the “hand baggers”?

My understanding is that it was coined by Lou Richards who was one of the most famous commentators ever. Basically in the 70's he called Geelong the handbaggers as he thought they were soft.

Hasn't aged particularly well but has stuck around regardless.

Maxy talked about missing his boot with his drop on his Geelong winner and I instinctively laughed, thinking it was a joke. I then realized if it could happen, he plays for the one team it could actually happen to.
It has happened. Max missed an absolute sitter in his early years - 25 out dead in front and nearly kicked it OOTF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are the cats the “hand baggers”?
Disturbing question.
Just goes to show how old and irrelevant I am getting....

ON topic.
Best of luck to your boys next week and ....... preemptively I hope in the GF.
The Dees time appears to be now.

Hope you all enjoy the ride as I did back in 1990 with the Pies great drought breaker.

Great memories to be created.

Go Demons!

We survived Dean Terlich and Alex Georgiou dressing up as Rolf Harris and a little girl
5711492-3x2-940x627.jpg

Last edited:
We survived Dean Terlich coming third in our BnF in 2013
What?! Did that really happen? I literally had to Google him just now to remind myself who he was. Man, we must have been truly abysmal back then. I mean, I knew it was bad, but I think I blocked it out how dire it became.

Melbourne Fitzpatrick against Collingwood - tunnelball in the opposition goalsquare
Hawthorn Fitzpatrick against Collingwood - arses a goal from the centre square to put his team in the top 4

We survived Max chundering all over Scully in China - just what that dirty merc deserved!
We didn’t just survive it. We are here because of it.

He didn’t know it at the time, but the “chicken” big Maxy bought from the Shanghai wet market street hawker that night was not, by any definition, poultry as we know it.

And nor was it, even, of this world.

Nay, the sweet meat guzzled that night by Maxy -- along with no less than two dozen Baijiu shots and a couple of 中国啤酒 — ‘twas none other than a Phoenix, that most mythical and majestic of creatures! (How it came to be on our planet, I simply do not know.)

As the bards tell it, it was shortly after consuming the legendary beast that our young (then) un-bearded hero did, verily, chunder all over that little turd Scully.

And Lo, as the vomit reigned rained, the remains of the Phoenix emerged, at tremendous speed, and hit poor Tom all over the face, neck and chest, before reassembling in miraculous fashion and ascending to the heavens, all the while with the mournful cry repeatedly emanating from its flaming beak: “It will be yyyour time Max, yyyou will lead them to the promised land!”

Well, it was something like that, anyway.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back