Food & Drink The Hangar Food Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have any great one pan wonder recipes? I'm in a bit of a rut when it comes to meals and after something pretty easy with naff all cleaning up. Doesn't matter if it's quick for a weeknight or slow for a weekend, I'm just on the hunt for something new and decent. Whether it be stove top or oven I'm not fussed.

Soup season is approaching which is good for reintroducing a bit more variety but fmd I'm getting sick of thinking of what to cook for the coming week and my brain has given up.
Recipe Tin Eats dinner book has a whole section dedicated to that sort of thing

This one is ridiculously easy and tasty, feeds four if you buy the book:

View attachment 1949166
Just need the photo to be clearer so I can make out the ingredient quantities :sweatsmile:

This one is one of my favourites

This one is one of my favourites

Might take some convincing for my youngest, could be one for when the kids are out and about as I certainly like the sound of it.

Does anyone have any great one pan wonder recipes? I'm in a bit of a rut when it comes to meals and after something pretty easy with naff all cleaning up. Doesn't matter if it's quick for a weeknight or slow for a weekend, I'm just on the hunt for something new and decent. Whether it be stove top or oven I'm not fussed.

Soup season is approaching which is good for reintroducing a bit more variety but fmd I'm getting sick of thinking of what to cook for the coming week and my brain has given up.
look away italians (i did get this from an italian though)

one chilli and some whole garlic cloves in pan....dont chop them
heat with oil
add pasta (dry...yes dry) and coat.
Add wine, then bottle of passata or a couple of tins of whole tomatoes. either half the bottle of passata or both tins fill with water. season with salt and pepper
cover the pasta allow it all to cook
add tuna and parmesan (blasphemy!) at the end with some olives & basil (i like dried for this. oregano and rosemary also work).
mash the garlic as you mix it together.

no chopping boards, knives, etc.
just need a pan and a spoon

also works if you've got a leftover charcuterie board. have done this with salami, olives, capsicum, artichokes....basically whatever was on the board was chopped and added.

look away italians (i did get this from an italian though)

one chilli and some whole garlic cloves in pan....dont chop them
heat with oil
add pasta (dry...yes dry) and coat.
Add wine, then bottle of passata or a couple of tins of whole tomatoes. either half the bottle of passata or both tins fill with water. season with salt and pepper
cover the pasta allow it all to cook
add tuna and parmesan (blasphemy!) at the end with some olives & basil (i like dried for this. oregano and rosemary also work).
mash the garlic as you mix it together.

no chopping boards, knives, etc.
just need a pan and a spoon

also works if you've got a leftover charcuterie board. have done this with salami, olives, capsicum, artichokes....basically whatever was on the board was chopped and added.
Is there a Vincenzo's Plate reaction video for this recipe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought my youngest boy...the one that likes cooking, a Kamado Joe for his 21st (ceramic egg smoker/grill). Good lord the food that comes out of it.

He has Carnivore nights when he and his mates cook up all sorts of meats. Reverse seared steaks, pork shoulders, lamb racks, brisket, wet or dry brined chooks, pizza...it does it all.

I bought my youngest boy...the one that likes cooking, a Kamado Joe for his 21st (ceramic egg smoker/grill). Good lord the food that comes out of it.

He has Carnivore nights when he and his mates cook up all sorts of meats. Reverse seared steaks, pork shoulders, lamb racks, brisket, wet or dry brined chooks, pizza...it does it all.

I remember (well maybe I saw it when I posted yesterday):

A couple of reverse seared tomahawks...cooked to 55 degrees internal in the boys Kamado Joe grill. Amazing.View attachment 1837283

Remove this Banner Ad

Back