The Hangar Computer / Computer Building Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hirdismyhero

Whereabouts did you find the price for the CPU in the OP?
Centrecom, my good man. Shithouse service but relatively decent prices.

I get most of my parts from Scorptec and MSY, but Centrecom is generally the biggest and most well known of the lot.

Centrecom, my good man. Shithouse service but relatively decent prices.

I get most of my parts from Scorptec and MSY, but Centrecom is generally the biggest and most well known of the lot.

Yeah, I don't think people get into computer retailing because of their people skills somehow.

Yeah, I don't think people get into computer retailing because of their people skills somehow.
Smartarse. ;)

It's moreso that they may need to transfer parts to you. The "superstore" is in Sunshine, but all the others have very little to sweet f*ck all. Unfortunately, transfers take a long time, and they don't update you at all. And more often than not don't let you know if your shipment has been received until the next week. Dodgy stuff.

OH IN THE OP

Sorry man. They don't produce it anymore, I don't think.

They had i7 Sandy Bridge, which was the 2770, and now they're onto Ivy Bridge. The new equivalent would be the i7-3770K, which is starting at about $339 :(

Well, personally, I'd go for an Intel i5 3570K. It's an Ivy Bridge processor, and overclocking enabled, so you can boost the output if need be. Which you probably won't need to do, hahaha.

Standard price is around $235.

Or, if you were willing to wait until the end of December / start of January, I could sell you a budget system I've made from parts my mates haven't wanted. Just throwing it out there.

CPU: Intel i7 2770K
CASE: PGS (something something, iunno, it's red and black so it's nice)
GRAPHICS CARD: Gigabyte GTX 560
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Gene-Z
DISC DRIVE: LG DVD Burner
POWER SUPPLY: Thermaltake 700W
RAM: 4GB G-Skill Ripjaws

Only thing that's missing is a hard drive and operating system. Willing to part with it for $800 or so, if you're interested. :)

Well, personally, I'd go for an Intel i5 3570K. It's an Ivy Bridge processor, and overclocking enabled, so you can boost the output if need be. Which you probably won't need to do, hahaha.

Standard price is around $235.

Thanks for that mate. :thumbsu:

I'll pass on the one you posted above, but thanks for the offer. :)

CPU: Intel i7 2700K $199
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P8B75-M $75
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB $144
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 64GB $57
DVD BURNER: LG DVD Burner $29
RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 $45
CASE: Thermaltake V4 w/ 500W PSU $75

TOTAL: $624

Bumped up the CPU a little more. Pretty happy with this set up now I think.

I notice the case in that rig (looks nice) only has USB 2 ports on the front yet the motherboard is USB 3 equipped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the deed today. Specs and price ended up being a bit different due to.. well laziness ultimately but here goes:

i5 3570 3.4GHz.. $245 (Didn't have Ben's chip meh.. close enough)
8GB DDR3 RAM.. $45
Intel DH77KC board.. $99 (Didn't have Ben's motherboard so had to go for this which necessitated a GC purchase)
120GB Kingmax SSD.. $110 (Didn't have any 64 meh.. cbf)
3TB Seagate Barracuda.. $144
LG DVD burner.. $35
Refurbished GC PCIe 256MB.. $20 :D
Thermal Master "Elite" USB 3 case.. $85

$783

Then went and bought Windows 8 because I'm currently running the Windows 7 upgrade from Windows XP and couldn't find my Windows XP install discs.. $119

So $902 but it's been fun and I'm running Windows 8 now which is hopefully ******* awesome.. even without a touchscreen monitor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back