Music The guitar thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm assuming you saw him at the Palais in early 2009? I went both nights.

That Les Paul that Beck used on the Blow by Blow album is the same one George Harrison plays on the "Revolution" film clip too. :thumbsu:
My brother bought me a ticket to that concert cos he was going. One of the BEST gigs I have ever been to (out of many). How good was the drummer? Blown away.

I have an ES335, an Ovation 12, an Ibanez SM??, an LTD bass, a couple of midrange nylons. Play regularly, warble my way through some songs and apparently can hold a note. Would like to do more.

I really want to take my daughter to a guitar gig.

Any suggestions? She is 10.
So I don't want a drunk fest. Would just like her to see an excellent guitarist live.

I've got a question guys.
Where the hell do you buy band t-shirts these days?

I'm trying to find Kiss or Metallica or something. There's nothing at the shops where I live.
Need to get something for my daughter as she is playing 7 Nation Army in her mid year concert next week.

She needs suitable attire :D

I've got a question guys.
Where the hell do you buy band t-shirts these days?

I'm trying to find Kiss or Metallica or something. There's nothing at the shops where I live.
Need to get something for my daughter as she is playing 7 Nation Army in her mid year concert next week.

She needs suitable attire :D

Online would be my guess. You can get some at clothes shops I've noticed but it seems to vary who is on display.

Yeah I figured I'd have to buy online.
There's just a lot of chinese fakes around. Would prefer the money (or some of it) made it's way to the artist.

I actually found the official stuff online.

Bandtshirts.com.au
Located in South Melbourne.

Funnily enough, one online store that uses an AU domain has a help number that has a +1 phone number.
Not about to trust it!

And the pricing is the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the only half-decent guitar I've owned; had my one for about 5 years now, took me 18 months to get a feel for it haha ... but really enjoying it these days, and although I sometimes consider trading it in or getting a 2nd guitar, really, this does pretty much what I need it to ..

1977-fender-mustang-antigua-bb.jpg

This is the only half-decent guitar I've owned; had my one for about 5 years now, took me 18 months to get a feel for it haha ... but really enjoying it these days, and although I sometimes consider trading it in or getting a 2nd guitar, really, this does pretty much what I need it to ..

1977-fender-mustang-antigua-bb.jpg
Very nice! Is it original or has it been modified?

Looks like it's got a bit of character. I'd keep it if I were you.

I would advise getting a 2nd guitar. I have lots of 2nd guitars and they all make things better.

Very nice! Is it original or has it been modified?

thing it's been monkeyed with Moggy ..

Looks like it's got a bit of character. I'd keep it if I were you.

I would advise getting a 2nd guitar. I have lots of 2nd guitars and they all make things better.

might have to trade one of the kids in; let's see, the one that was born Sept 2011, or the one who couldn't get us over the line in 1995 .. ?

yeah I would love a hollow-body of some sort, for sure ..

My daughter dropped her LP Jnr on Friday night.
At her lesson.
On a concrete floor :(:cry:

She got lucky. Very small crack.
But still. :(

My daughter dropped her LP Jnr on Friday night.
At her lesson.
On a concrete floor :(:cry:

She got lucky. Very small crack.
But still. :(
Ouch, but now she can make up a better story about the origins of the crack. i.e. it occurred when she jumped 8 ft off an amp stack

thing it's been monkeyed with Moggy ..

might have to trade one of the kids in; let's see, the one that was born Sept 2011, or the one who couldn't get us over the line in 1995 .. ?

yeah I would love a hollow-body of some sort, for sure ..
I really like the look of it. It looks like something Kobain might have played.

Do you know what's in it in terms of pups? How does it play? How's the neck?

Personally, unless the answer to one of the above is "crap" then I would keep it.

I really like the look of it. It looks like something Kobain might have played.

Do you know what's in it in terms of pups? How does it play? How's the neck?

Personally, unless the answer to one of the above is "crap" then I would keep it.

yeah I'll no doubt hang on to it Moggy, as I said I've had it 5+ years now and I'm very used to it - I like the neck, and it plays preeetty well - not sure what it has in terms of p/ups tbh! :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back