Play Nice The Glen Ormond Neverending Saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that update , i didn't know that.
I'm absolutely genuine in asking about the history of the club and there are great people at the Combine as there are at all clubs. Have gone on the website and it give a little bit of each club as they merged through the years , i actually coached against Glenhuntly and didn't realise that they were part of it as well . I just wanted to know when they started at Packer Park and under what name as it's not on their website , have said that the Ormond website could do with an update.
Hope this hasn't broken any rules

You can't claim the higher ground whilst consistently using deliberately inflammatory nicknames for the club and the coach you made to denigrate those efforts.

Hey AM

Curious to hear your thoughts on how a program that begins at u19s is supposed to attract players. My understanding is that GE tried for years to begin a junior club after running an Auskick program. The other local clubs in the area banded together and said there wasn’t enough kids in the area for a new junior club. Some of these clubs have 3 junior teams per age group. Is that club supposed to resign to having no young talent to feed into their senior program? Is it inappropriate behaviour to make a relationship with a school in the area and develop an u19 program. I wouldn’t have thought so.

The fact is that if the junior program hadn’t been blocked, the focus would be on getting GE juniors through to senior footy, without a junior program the young players have to come from somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I see you've become part of the GE PR brigade.

I refrained from responding until now following 'the edict' but as others from your club have continued with their blather here goes.

What has occurred is that a club for no other reason than it was displeased at not being able to field a junior team therefore felt it was their prerogative to wreck a fellow amateur club's junior program and as a direct consequence of that action, the OAFC was unable to field an u19 team.

Let's park for a jiffy that OAFC say they didn't oppose the GE junior program. I saw somewhere here where the push came overwhelmingly from SFNL clubs - the clubs were listed. Yet GE picked a fellow amateur club's junior program to plunder. And some from that club have the temerity to reference the amateur family here. Talk about hypocrisy.

I have no involvement at Ormond, but in my time the club would never have entertained undertaking such an act of bastardry. And from what I know of the Prez nor would they today.

What I do know is that Ormond reaches out to clubs doing it tough. That has included, on at least one occasion, donating funds when that club looked like going under.

I'm sure there are honourable people at GE. All I'd say to them is the standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

To those outside the plunderers PR team who don't seem too fussed, because it doesn't affect you ( in the case of old school teams it is never likely to) stop, take a breath, and give some thought to how you'd feel if your club's u19's was plundered to the point where you couldn't field a junior team while the plunderers fielded two. Further to that, spokespersons from that club go onto a forum to gloat about it. If you were genuine supporters my guess is you'd be mightily - and rightly - pissed off

Well written drivel.

The point you miss is no one went after Ormond.

In fact were you better informed you would know the kids who were supposedly bribed with 🍕 in fact approached Ormond first about a partnership. (Over 5 years ago when our relationship began- this hasn't happened overnight)

They were not entertained so sought to partner with a club who was willing to entertain one.

Moreover, once again, these players are not your property, where they played junior football (at a separate entity/body no less) is of little to no relevance outside of providing your club a great opportunity to demonstrate why they should choose to get involved at a senior level.

The fact your club hasn't been able to articulate its value proposition is of no concern to Glen Eira, just as it isn't with the Caulfield Bears.

You're real frustration seems to be a common one in the world today- someone in a privileged position being frustrated that the world is no longer given to them on a platter.

Your kind offer to clubs of financial aid is akin to a large corporate donating finances or infrastructure to the very community they exploit. Nice but has no bearing on the overall situation.

Last edited:
Fwiw I understand your frustration and I would be frustrated too. No one has targeted ormond. More that we have aimed to build a very strong partnership with mckinnon.

We're simply doing what we can to allow ourselves to compete in what we hope is a future in the premier grades.

Grades where clubs like old xavs and co have 5 teams and a thriving u19s program.

The idea we should do less than that because of a club that is typically much stronger than ours is ridiculous.

Well written drivel.

In fact were you better informed you would know the kids who were supposedly bribed with 🍕 in fact approached Ormond first about a partnership. (Over 5 years ago when our relationship began- this hasn't happened overnight)

They were not entertained so sought to partner with a club who was willing to entertain one.

Moreover, once again, these players are not your property, where they played junior football (at a separate entity/body no less) is of little to no relevance outside of providing your club a great opportunity to demonstrate why they should choose to get involved at a senior level.

The fact your club hasn't been able to articulate its value proposition is of no concern to Glen Eira, just as it isn't with the Caulfield Bears.

You're real frustration seems to be a common one in the world today- someone in a privileged position being frustrated that the world is no longer given to them on a platter.

Your kind offer to clubs of financial aid is akin to a large corporate donating finances or infrastructure to the very community they exploit. Nice but has no bearing on the overall situation.
5 years ago is so different to now , it was led by a person who had only been at Ormond for 2 seasons and never once approached the club and if he did it mightve been embraced . Anyhow that's done and dusted now and we move on .
Seriously cannot blame the Combine for trying to grow the club , it's some scum at the school that are the issue .

Well written drivel.

A combination of condescension (no surprise there) cherry-picking, arrant nonsense, and the offensive and quite stupid conflation of a generous offer from one sporting club to another with corporate matters.

Your club attacked another amateur club's junior program plundering it for no other reason than you were displeased at being unable to field junior teams. All the other whataboutism and tripe you and your fellow apologists have posted amounts to evasion of the central matter and/or pathetic excuses.

In my time involved with or observing amateur football I haven't witnessed an act of such wilful bastardry. Nor do I believe any other VAFA club would perpetrate such a malevolent act.

Having a moral compass would be the base requirement to see that.

Should have left my previous message at "well written drivel".

Obviously the world revolves around Ormond in your mind and no amount of context provided by those of us closer to the facts can help you.

A combination of condescension (no surprise there) cherry-picking, arrant nonsense, and the offensive and quite stupid conflation of a generous offer from one sporting club to another with corporate matters.

Your club attacked another amateur club's junior program plundering it for no other reason than you were displeased at being unable to field junior teams. All the other whataboutism and tripe you and your fellow apologists have posted amounts to evasion of the central matter and/or pathetic excuses.

In my time involved with or observing amateur football I haven't witnessed an act of such wilful bastardry. Nor do I believe any other VAFA club would perpetrate such a malevolent act.

You’ve said a lot, yet never answered my question. An u19 program that doesn’t have a junior club has players that have to come from somewhere. GE’s kids come from McKinnon Sec.

Do you go hard at De La Salle when Ormond juniors who attend De La Salle choose to play their u19 football there?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jog on AM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of questions from Jase.

Who would win a grand final between Ormond and Glen Eira.

Where would the Grand Final be played.

Who from Glen Eira and Ormond should be in the State Team.

Max “Jase is a legend@ Leader
Another few questions from Jase, who of these players played Auskick at Hampton Rovers and how many of them have a dad who played in the Hampton Rovers premierships in the past.
Would any be in the Rovers Auskick team of the century?

Can someone tell me in the senior side at Glen Eira in 2023, how many blokes have played footy at either the senior Ormond club (seniors, reserves, thirds, under 19s) or the junior Ormond club?

I'm genuinely curious, but there seem to be these weird battle lines over this sort of stuff.

Can someone tell me in the senior side at Glen Eira in 2023, how many blokes have played footy at either the senior Ormond club (seniors, reserves, thirds, under 19s) or the junior Ormond club?

I'm genuinely curious, but there seem to be these weird battle lines over this sort of stuff.

Very little cross over once players have played a game at either senior club.

Very little cross over once players have played a game at either senior club.
As I suspected, but it seems to be such a huge issue for these clubs.....

Get over it, blokes kicking a footy in a park with their mates for a bit of fun is a great past time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back