Women's Footy The Freo Buddy Draft for AFLW Season 7

Remove this Banner Ad

1660693868500.png

Morning everyone,

The new AFLW season is quickly approaching so it's time to roll out the old lottery machine and run the next buddy draft. You know the drill by now, but here's the fine print for those who came in late:
  • Express your interest in participating by posting in this thread, including a list of who you would like your top 5 buddies to be;
  • I take the names of the interested participants and assign them numbers based on the order in which they expressed said interest;
  • I fire up the lottery machine which randomly dispenses balls with numbers on them;
  • I correlate the order in which I receive these balls with the numbers assigned to the interested participants, which becomes the draft order;
  • I then take the highest unbuddied name from your top 5 list and assign that player to you;
  • You then promote the heck out of your buddy for the season (and beyond if you like, a buddy link may last a season but is for life).
I'll open the expression of interest period from now until the end of Tuesday the 23rd of August, and will run the draft the following day (Wednesday the 24th). Don't worry if you don't express your interest by then as I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to choose a buddy after that time, but the lottery machine only comes out once.

Coming up in the next couple of posts will be the player list and a list of interested participants.

COME GET Y'ALL BUDDIES!!!

buddy-gamer.gif

Player List
1660695345613.png
(names come from the Freo website)

1) Ashley Sharp
2) Kiara Bowers
3) Emma O'Driscoll - ImperialPurple
4) Angelique Stannett
5) Sarah Verrier - No Excuses FC
6) Madeleine Scanlon
7) Nikki Gore
8) Dana East - Bastyy
9) Gabby O'Sullivan - BarbieITFC
10) Aine Tighe - jerms
11) Mikayla Morrison - oldgoat
12) Ebony Antonio - freo_leo29
13) Makaela Tuhakaraina - Bob, T
14) Amy Franklin - arsesmart
15) Kara Antonio - Taylor
16) Tahlia Read
17) Roxanne Roux - BleedPurple
18) Philipa Seth
19) Hayley Miller - Deathly
20) Tara Stribley
21) Mim Strom - Van_Dyke
22) Airlie Runnalls
23) Matilda Sergeant
24) Sarah Wielstra
25) Megan Kauffman - footyknut
26) Bianca Webb
27) Orlagh Lally - muzzington
28) Mikayla Hyde
29) Janelle Cuthbertson
30) Jessica Low
32) Laura Pugh - DragoDelph
33) Amy Mulholland

Last edited:
Buddy List
Last edited:

My 5 are:

Sarah Verrier
Mim Strom
Makaela Tuhakaraina
Megan Kauffman
Aine Tighe

But in the interests of being a nice guy, if others list any of the above as their first options I'll choose someone else.

Thanks for doing this Bob! My gals are:

Phil Seth
Orlagh Lally
Ange Stannett
Dana East
Mikayla Hyde
Omg - I forgot my #1 fave player, men or women!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ (Shape of an L on my forehead…)

Please accept an edited version. I’d like:

Emma O’Driscoll
Emma O’Driscoll
Emma O’Driscoll
Emma O’Driscoll
Emma O’Driscoll

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

(If she’s not there, then Seth, Lally, Stannett or East will do.)

View attachment 1480154
(names come from the Freo website)

1) Ashley Sharp
2) Kiara Bowers
3) Emma O'Driscoll
4) Angelique Stannett
5) Sarah Verrier
6) Madeleine Scanlon
7) Nikki Gore
8) Dana East
9) Gabby O'Sullivan
10) Aine Tighe
11) Mikayla Morrison
12) Ebony Antonio
13) Makaela Tuhakaraina
14) Amy Franklin
15) Kara Antonio
16) Tahlia Read
17) Roxanne Roux
18) Philipa Seth
19) Hayley Miller
20) Tara Stribley
21) Mim Strom
22) Airlie Runnalls
23) Matilda Sergeant
24) Sarah Wielstra
25) Megan Kauffman
26) Bianca Webb
27) Orlagh Lally
28) Mikayla Hyde
29) Janelle Cuthbertson
30) Jessica Low
32) Laura Pugh
33) Amy Mulholland
for me
Mikayla Morrison
Orlagh Lallly
Makaela Tuhakaraina
Mim Strom
Roxxy Roux

i would like to be part. In this order pls.

Roxy Roux
Mim Strom
Orlagh Lally
Mikayla Hyde
Janelle Cuthbertson
Laura Pugh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

b7963ac6500af9b8e93e33125446bdd0.gif

The first ball out of the spinning lottery machine is number... 2!

Congratulations ImperialPurple you have Emma O'Driscoll as a buddy for season 7!

Second ball has number... 12 on it, so Sarah Verrier goes to No Excuses FC (treat my old buddy well!)

Third ball is a... 13. arsesmart picks up Amy Franklin.

Ball four... is a 6, which means that freo_leo29 has Eps, Eps, Eps, Eps & Eps who I'm assuming is Ebony Antonio.

The fifth ball spat out of the lottery machine is... number 9! Roxy Roux now has BleedPurple as a buddy!

Sixth ball is... number 14, which is BarbieITFC so Gabby O'Sullivan is headed your way.

HOW BLOODY EXCITEMENT IS THIS????!!??

The seventh ball has number... 1! That's me!!!! My pick's Sarah Verrier but she's taken so next in line is Mim Strom, but as previously advertised I'll hold off until everyone else has had a pick to confirm my buddy.

Eighth ball has number... 11, which means that Laura Pugh now has DragoDelph as a buddy!

Number nine... Number nine... Number nine... ball 15, which is Deathly who picks up captain Hayley Miller!

The tenth ball is next... and it's number 5 on it. That's Bastyy whose first three picks are already taken but is still lucky as heck to get Dana East to be a buddy for.

Ball eleven now... is number 7. And it's the debutant Megan Kauffman that footyknut will be the buddy for.

Almost at the end... with the twelfth selection ball number 4 appears. That's Taylor who gets Kara Antonio, after her first two selections are already off the table.

Ball thirteen now... it's number 8! So Mikayla Morrison picks up oldgoat as her buddy!

The fourteenth ball now... and it's number 10! Another of my former buddies in Aine Tighe, who now has jerms as a buddy!

The fifteenth and final ball is number 3 which is Van_Dyke who has chosen Mim Strom. So what that means for me is that I'll now go to my next pick and select another South Freo product in Makaela Tuhakaraina!!

That concludes the buddy draft lottery. 12 of the 15 participants got their first pick which is a great result, but really we've all won!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back