The Daw Delisting

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
The Daw delisting is starting to look like a bit of a balls up. Sure, Daw didn't end up being the player he promised to be, but gee, he would've been handy this year. With Taz gone for a big chunk of the season, Daw would've been handy down back. With Larkey STRUGGLING as our number 1 forward, Daw would've been handy up forward. And with Goldy having no support in the ruck, Daw would've been handy in the ruck to give Goldy a chop-out.

I dare say if Tommy Campbell still didn't have a year to run on his contract, he would've been gone & Daw would still be at the club.

The 3 year deals to Tommy C & Tyson remain the most bizarre contract signings I can recall in my 35 years as a NM supporter.

The Daw delisting is starting to look like a bit of a balls up. Sure, Daw didn't end up being the player he promised to be, but gee, he would've been handy this year. With Taz gone for a big chunk of the season, Daw would've been handy down back. With Larkey STRUGGLING as our number 1 forward, Daw would've been handy up forward. And with Goldy having no support in the ruck, Daw would've been handy in the ruck to give Goldy a chop-out.

I dare say if Tommy Campbell still didn't have a year to run on his contract, he would've been gone & Daw would still be at the club.

The 3 year deals to Tommy C & Tyson remain the most bizarre contract signings I can recall in my 35 years as a NM supporter.

You didn't mind Lance Picioane?

Club obviously thought he wasn't in the right age range and his body wouldn't be upto playing AFL level.
Time to move on, similar to mcdonald not being picked they're not at North so why bother saying what ifs.

If this was Daw of 2018 then yes, but with a broken pelvis, it's a miracle that he is still playing football or get to training so it's a remarkable achievement but as a footballer, pass. Mackay, Corr are more than capable of handling down key defensive posts. We might draft another key back in the mid season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't mind Lance Picioane?
Thank goodness I was living overseas that season without access to much game footage. Probably a good thing as I've got the Keenan Reynolds era flashbacks when names like this get bought up.

The Mason Wood delisting is starting to look like a bit if a balls up.
The potential Taylor Garner delisting at year end is already starting to look like a bit of a balls up and we haven't even lost a 2022 game yet.

There is a reason why guys who play 5 games a year and sit on an AFL list for up to 10 years are delisted.

It is time to move on.

Reckon Daw was pretty stiff to get delisted. He was clear best 22 for us in a much needed position. He definitely had his flaws but also had a tonne of strengths, especially when played in defence (He was an awful forward). Can totally understand we didn't see him as part of our future, but he would be pretty useful at the moment.

I don't get the hate on Tommy Campbell? He signed on purely as backup ruckman at a club that has primarily run solo with Goldy for the last 10 years. Luckily, Goldy has not really been injured.

Reportedly sets a good example around the place with his attitude and training habits.

Realistically, he was never going to push Goldy out of the team and wasn't signed to be a key forward.

I get the feeling both the club and TC know what he can offer, so I ask; What more do you want from him? Who would you put on the list as a ready to go second ruck?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Mason Wood delisting is starting to look like a bit if a balls up.
The potential Taylor Garner delisting at year end is already starting to look like a bit of a balls up and we haven't even lost a 2022 game yet.

There is a reason why guys who play 5 games a year and sit on an AFL list for up to 10 years are delisted.

It is time to move on.
Why is this the case?
Pagan traded hard and had as many busts (Trent Nichols) as he did have wins (Pikey)
Was it easier to move them on in the 90’s?

Would keeping one at the expense of, say, Menadue not been prudent?

I love Maj and wish we could have kept him, but IIRC (and taking the emotion out of it) it's a 24 rookie vs a 30 yo with far less durable body?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back