Scape Goat The Brownie Truscott Cup for 2012 - MFC supporters only

Who is the deserving recipient of the Brownie Truscott Cup in 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Moloney - B&F who now can't break into an utterly rubbish side with one good midfielder. Reluctant honorable mention to Petterd, who I really like, for his untimely demise. I expected s**t all from Morton, Bennell, Bate, Davey and Jetta so I guess they made par.

This might be pretty harsh on a first year rookie, but I'm going to nominate James Magner.
Started out as a gun in his first few matches, quickly turned to s**t. But mainly for ending Mitch Clark's season.

Honestly I think we got more than was expected out of him.

So many deserving choices. Morton for being most likely to be mistaken for a Wing Attack netballer, Bennell for being the only active footballer ever to be on the witness protection program, Davey for stealing money, Moloney for mailing it in, Petterd for impersonating Beamer and Chip for mailing it in for the whole second half of the season. I'd probably go with Beamer for being not quite as good as Shane Valenti after shitting in a B&F the year prior.

Has to be Petterd, at least Neeld still talks about Moloney like he might be at the club next year, Petterd has been so woeful that im not convinced Neeld still recognised him as being part of the team from about 2 months ago

This might be harsh, but I am nominating Frawley.

He is the only player on our list who can stake a claim as being one of the A grade players in the competition, but he has been woeful this year and no where near the standard I expect from him. He should be playing better.

Never before have there so many potential options. With regrets it has to be Beamer - just for the farce with his manager when he had and continues to do very little this year.

Petterd is the runner-up after I complained so much about him being out of the side only for him to come back and be pox.

Lucas Cook has my vote in the Pyramid Building Society Plummeting Star award.
Cookie will be ok. Give him time, he has an incredibly immature body and simply can't compete. Fitz was stuck down at Casey seconds last year and he's really starting to play some good footy, attackng the ball etc.

I stil think he'll get there, although I must admit I was and am worried by the reports he broke down in tears during his first session at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have voted Petterd if I could recall him playing a game this year. :/

My vote goes to Davey instead. He offered nothing before falling victim to injury, except a rubbish, sensationalist news story. Farewell and goodbye.

This might be harsh, but I am nominating Frawley.

He is the only player on our list who can stake a claim as being one of the A grade players in the competition, but he has been woeful this year and no where near the standard I expect from him. He should be playing better.

Broken ribs for the last 9 rounds

I hope they present this cup at the B&F(which should be another great night hopefully. At least it's a chance to get pissed and talk to a true champion in Robert Flower)

Anyway, I gave it to Aaron Davey. The big move we have all been crying out for to move him to the forward line happened. But poor Aaron is too fat and slow from all the $$$ we have been paying him this contract. Is he still our highest paid player on the list? If not, he's bloody close. So deserves to win this award for what has truly been an embarrassing year for him. If he did fire a shot this season, it was at the coach with the Mifsud debacle and Aaron should hang his head in shame. Is he even still alive? Has he been sighted in recent months? The side is desperate for an Aaron Davey type crumbing forward, and the man himself couldn't deliver.

Special mentions to Brent Moloney who sulked all year for not being in the leadership group. From B&F winner and possible captain, to struggling in the VFL and possible delisting.

Liam Jurrah can't go without a mention. From cult hero, to possible jailbird. I put his number on my son's first Dees jumper in the off season. A new jumper will be bought and Jack Viney's number will be on the back.

Cale Morton.

Ricky Petterd can't be left out either. Remember when the club doctor saved his life? I guess Ricky thought 1 great game against the Collingwood scum a couple of years ago was enough to pay the club back. Definitely one of the biggest disappointments of 2012, and to be highlighted as bad this year, means you were awful.

Lucas Cook 0 games 0 Goals. Jack Darling 44 games 68 goals.

I could go on and on, but really, the only players who can hold there head up at seasons end and say they had a decent go this season are Grimes, Clark, T McDonald, Howe and Jones. Sylvia has nearly redeemed himself in the second half of the season too. If it wasn't for Howe's grabs, a close win over Essendon and some early form by Clark, this season was unwatchable. I know we've had worse seasons statistically in the past, but 2012 has to be right up there for worst in our history.

Anyway, I gave it to Aaron Davey. The big move we have all been crying out for to move him to the forward line happened. But poor Aaron is too fat and slow from all the $$$ we have been paying him this contract. Is he still our highest paid player on the list? If not, he's bloody close. So deserves to win this award for what has truly been an embarrassing year for him. If he did fire a shot this season, it was at the coach with the Mifsud debacle and Aaron should hang his head in shame. Is he even still alive? Has he been sighted in recent months? The side is desperate for an Aaron Davey type crumbing forward, and the man himself couldn't deliver.

Davey is a shadow of his former self, however, his foot is apparently stuffed and it's touch and go whether he'll even play again

Since when do broken ribs take 9 weeks to recover? I thought recovery should be 4 weeks maximum
Still hurts like a sonuvabitch. Wouldn't know personally as thankfully I've never done a rib but watched the old man and particularly the uncle go through it - you pretty much have to do nothing but lie on the couch for 4 weeks to get that sort of recovery time. If you did it at the start of the season and returned around week 6 you'd probably struggle for the rest of the year

3. Brent Moloney
2. Jack Trengove
1. Ricky Petterd

All 3 have no excuses, and all of them have been woeful.

People saying Trengove had a bad year, yeah it wasnt great but he is 21
he is top 3 in disposals for the team,
2 in tackles, behind a tackling machine
And i would bet high up in pressure acts ect as well.

No where near this list imo

he is top 3 in disposals for the team,
2 in tackles, behind a tackling machine
And i would bet high up in pressure acts ect as well.

No where near this list imo

Absolutely. JT has been out there leading the way for the new style of play.

It's simply been his running which has looked slow and his kicking which has lacked penetration

It isn't 'people' it's TMS & all the other alias' he has had. So the opinion carries no weight.

Back