Scape Goat The Brownie Truscott Cup for 2012 - MFC supporters only

Who is the deserving recipient of the Brownie Truscott Cup in 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be Petterd. In a season where our forward fell apart from injury's to all our good goal kickers one of our more reliable ones over the past few years couldn't get a game on form in a bottom four side. Neeld had to put Garland forward because he knew Petterd wouldn't do anything useful.

I think I'll have to go Beamer too, because like lose mentioned above he went from B&F winner, future leader of the club, etc. to the invisible man.

Some of the other players have had shocking years but maybe apart from Petterd none of them really showed that they were going to be the next big thing - yes there was always 'potential' around Morton but is anyone honestly surprised that he's done bugger all? I defended him for years but have thrown in the towel - enough is enough.

I don't think Chip or Trengove have had as bad years as everyone seems to think, but it seems like both have stalled in their development - I'm hoping that it's a product of playing in an inconsistent side and that once we get better they will too.

I think I'll have to go Beamer too, because like lose mentioned above he went from B&F winner, future leader of the club, etc. to the invisible man.

Some of the other players have had shocking years but maybe apart from Petterd none of them really showed that they were going to be the next big thing - yes there was always 'potential' around Morton but is anyone honestly surprised that he's done bugger all? I defended him for years but have thrown in the towel - enough is enough.

I don't think Chip or Trengove have had as bad years as everyone seems to think, but it seems like both have stalled in their development - I'm hoping that it's a product of playing in an inconsistent side and that once we get better they will too.
Agree, got to be Beamer unfortunately.

FWIW Frawley had a great 1st half of the year, he just fell away in the last month or so

Frawley's been playing with broken ribs for 2 months.

Trengove's been injured all year.

Russian's been troubled by his calf.

Beamer was only injured at the start of the year so him, or Morton

This might be pretty harsh on a first year rookie, but I'm going to nominate James Magner.
Started out as a gun in his first few matches, quickly turned to s**t. But mainly for ending Mitch Clark's season.

So many to choose from:

Jurrah - Terrible season due to injuries and off-field issues
Bennell - So much promise
Moloney - Massive fall from grace
Morton - Very poor but injuries have been cruel
Petterd - Never cemented his spot but has gone backwards
Davey - Is he finished?
Cook - Reserves at Casey /sigh

Bennell for me has been the biggest disappointment so far. That kid should be starting to really get going, he's got all the skills but can't get it together.

This might be pretty harsh on a first year rookie, but I'm going to nominate James Magner.
Started out as a gun in his first few matches, quickly turned to s**t. But mainly for ending Mitch Clark's season.

Thought Mitch hurt his foot in another contest, not the Magner one (Magner gave him a knock to the head)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magner saved Mitch Clark's career. Clark was back on the ground after the incident that did his foot, and may have ended his career like Croad had Magner not cleaned him up and the medics been forced to keep him off.

Never before have there so many potential options. With regrets it has to be Beamer - just for the farce with his manager when he had and continues to do very little this year.

Petterd is the runner-up after I complained so much about him being out of the side only for him to come back and be pox.

Lucas Cook has my vote in the Pyramid Building Society Plummeting Star award.

Went with Petterd... at least Moloney has had a couple of semi-decent games, Ricky just hasn't fired a single shot at all. So disappointing.
Went for Petterd for the same reasons. From memory can't really remember him even doing all that well in the 2s. Disappointing.

I suspect he has been shagging all year and his legs have been wrecked as a consequence.

Remember how we used to tremble at the thought he would dart off to GC17 ! Oh, to call back time.

Jesus this is tough.
Beamer has fallen the furthest, although he has still had some solid performances.
Morts has been Morts; generally played pretty well bar those awful clangers against Collingwood.
Petterd I had high hopes for and he didn't come close to delivering.
Personally I think it's Petterd by a nose over Beamer.

Back