The Brett Lee "chucking" allegation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Arch

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2000
The Pub.
This is a bit old now, but who else agrees that the whole thing was a crock of shite ???

As soon as I heard Brett had been reported, my first reaction was "i bet it was umpires from the sub-continent".

shock horror it was.

It was obvious attempt to get back at the Aussies because of the Murali, and Aktar allegations lodged while those countires were touring here.
Totally politically motivated.

And Im sure it came as no surprise to anyone when Brett was cleared of chucking.

I agree with ya Arch (it's a miracle..lol) It was the biggest load of shit that I have ever seen. Brett Lee is an absolute CHAMPION!!!!!!

------------------
Go Chippa Your A Legend

Heard the great D.K. Lillee say that if Lee's & Aktar's actions had to be looked at then so did Cortney Walsh's. Showed a bit of film & he looked very ordinary.

I used to thing Murali was a dead set chucker. His action is deplorable but after visiting a web site of a bio mechanic who looked at him I'm now prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. From behind it looks like he chucks but when you look at a similtanious side on shot you can see the arm doesn't straighten.

Walsh,Akram,Lee,Shoaib everyone chucks. But not all the time and hardly anyone does it on purpose. There all just looking for that extra bit of speed. Trouble is to get it can throw your whole rythm out and therefore your action goes out the door with it. If you have a suss action to begin with, that aint going to help matters when an umps looking for a scalp.

im sure "technically" many bowlers over 200 ys have had suspect actions, its just we have the technology to spot it, and analyse it to the nth degree.

My basic point though was about how the ump who reported Lee, was never going to be a Englishman a West Indian or a South African, it was always going to be from the Subcontinent.

A.

If they have to resort to ultra slow motion to try and work it out then the bloke does not chuck.

If a throw cannot be picked up by the naked eye then it is not a throw in my book.

The Murili one is very interesting though. From front or back he is a dead set chucker, but from side on he isn't.

So I have no problem using technology to clear a bowler suspected of chucking, but it should not be used as the basis for the claim in the first place.

Too much slo mo.
Today at the cricket, my younger son was bowling. No worries. A young girl was also bowling, the supporters were saying she was chucking.
She wasn't .
As for my son, he has a bent arm from corrective surgery. So he could be classed as chucking, in theory.Legally he isn't mind u.
The problem with all this was presented this morning, when the uneducated, who don't know the correct rules, make the incorrect assumpitons.This poor little girl was upset at being called a chucked.
Mind you her team were winning hands down. The others who called her a chucker we bad sports.

Brett Lee is a gun and they only made anything out of it because everyone is soo jealous of how good he is.
Brett is a Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back