Toast The Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So Pale Ale is too fruity.

What do you normally drink? Tooheys Extra Dry? (As in commercial dry Lagers )
Tooheys extra dry is crap, gives me a headache

Hahn superdry and superdry 3.5, boags premium, coronas (no lemon or lime), Asahi, Singha, great northern... the list goes on and on..

Balter and james squire 150 lashes are another two I will drink but are getting on the fruitier side of things..

Tooheys extra dry is crap, gives me a headache

Hahn superdry and superdry 3.5, boags premium, coronas (no lemon or lime), Asahi, Singha, great northern... the list goes on and on..

Balter and james squire 150 lashes are another two I will drink but are getting on the fruitier side of things..
So yeah, you like lagers or pale lagers with Pale ale being your limit of fruity. I am also a Lager drinker, not really into the IPA craze.

Balter BTW make a great lager and an even better mid strength called Captain Sensible.

I'm not sure what state you are in, but there are plenty of excellent Lagers that are both craft beers and not fruity.

The Crows major sponsor makes a Lager (Mismatch ) that is one of the best Lagers I've had in Australia. Worth a crack. 👍

So yeah, you like lagers or pale lagers with Pale ale being your limit of fruity. I am also a Lager drinker, not really into the IPA craze.

Balter BTW make a great lager and an even better mid strength called Captain Sensible.

I'm not sure what state you are in, but there are plenty of excellent Lagers that are both craft beers and not fruity.

The Crows major sponsor makes a Lager (Mismatch ) that is one of the best Lagers I've had in Australia. Worth a crack. 👍
I’m on the goldy...

Ive had both the balters you meantioned.. and yeah, i dont mind them..

I’ve tried the mismatch and sort of umm’d and ahhh’d about it.. my brother in law liked it though..

Maybe being in a hotter more humid climate up here the fruitiness just doesnt allow as much refreshment..

im no longer on the tools, more office bound these days but I remember after a real hot day on site under the sun a carton of Corona’s in an esky of ice when you got home was just bloody awesome.. just ice cold and really easy to down... no lime or lemon though. Just freezing cold. A Corona out of the fridge and not out of an esky full of ice is a completely different beer!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it affects the taste of the beer. But you can taste the aluminium from contact with the can.
It doesn't affect the taste at all. Cans are the perfect container for beer- easy to cool, no uv infiltration that can spoil beer, infinitely recyclable, and cheaper to transport due to lower weight.

For best taste you shouldn't be drinking your beer straight out of the can or bottle anyway, always out of a glass. If you're into the crafty beers you can check out my insta @thebeerchaser although you'll only really see Canadian beers since I'm living in Canada now.

It doesn't affect the taste at all. Cans are the perfect container for beer- easy to cool, no uv infiltration that can spoil beer, infinitely recyclable, and cheaper to transport due to lower weight.

For best taste you shouldn't be drinking your beer straight out of the can or bottle anyway, always out of a glass. If you're into the crafty beers you can check out my insta @thebeerchaser although you'll only really see Canadian beers since I'm living in Canada now.

It doesn't change the beer itself, it's my lips on the aluminium that I can taste. Which is why I don't buy cans or if I do, I pour into a glass. But those saying they don't like it I think aren't saying the beer is infected with the taste of the can, just that the can impacts the taste. Which it does, but not be infecting the beer.

Someone (apologies as i cant recall who it was) suggested getting geezer pleezer from little bang brewery as it is close to an english bitter. Well i grabbed a couple of 4 packs and have to say when the head settles it is one of the best australian english style beers i have had. Bit heavier than a traditional english bitter but very nice. A quality drop

It doesn't change the beer itself, it's my lips on the aluminium that I can taste. Which is why I don't buy cans or if I do, I pour into a glass. But those saying they don't like it I think aren't saying the beer is infected with the taste of the can, just that the can impacts the taste. Which it does, but not be infecting the beer.
Exactly

Bump.

Going to the UK for 6 weeks in June with the misses (part of the trip hopefully getting tickets to the Lords test match via my SACA membership reciprocal rights with the MCC).

For those who have been to the UK, what's a good beer that you'd recommend over there? I'm a Coopers Pale Ale man and I believe you can buy it over there at bottle shops but not sure if its served on tap in any of the pubs?

Have looked at a few pubs websites etc around where we will be staying in London and literally, there are hundreds of beers to choose from....

Help!!

Bump.

Going to the UK for 6 weeks in June with the misses (part of the trip hopefully getting tickets to the Lords test match via my SACA membership reciprocal rights with the MCC).

For those who have been to the UK, what's a good beer that you'd recommend over there? I'm a Coopers Pale Ale man and I believe you can buy it over there at bottle shops but not sure if its served on tap in any of the pubs?

Have looked at a few pubs websites etc around where we will be staying in London and literally, there are hundreds of beers to choose from....

Help!!

just try everything. Simples.

Bump.

Help!!
The beers are not too bad. We stayed in Paddington and I tried a few. Don't know the names. Like 1970crow said try them all.

Bump.

Help!!

Be like you never left home, plenty of this in London

2911190-3x4-700x933.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back