Toast The Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who else perfers beers in a bottle or glass v can?

Pubs like the Exeter which serve beer in chilled glasses make for a better experience.
Glass >>>>>>> bottle >>>>>>>>> cup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> can.

Many years ago, on a visit to Copenhagen, we went to the Carlsberg Brewery. Free tour, and they gave you 4 tickets for free beers in their bar at the end of the tour.

And my wife didn't want her 4...

View attachment 1127998

That reminds me of a colleague who was appointed to the Carlsberg chair of physics in Denmark many years ago. When he took up the position, he found his office was full of crates of Carlsberg! Ah, the good times! ;)

I don't see what the problem is drinking from a can. Saves washing a glass and is light to store and take to the depot.
For me, the aluminium affects the taste.

I tested this with some mates and no one could figure out what came out of a can or bottle. Imo if there is a difference it's not not discernible (to most people).
Surely they could tell they were drinking from a can, unless you tipped it into a glass, in which case wouldn't that ruin the experiment?
Part of it has to be the sensation of drinking it out of a certain medium.

Surely they could tell they were drinking from a can, unless you tipped it into a glass, in which case wouldn't that ruin the experiment?
Part of it has to be the sensation of drinking it out of a certain medium.
Yeah into a glass first. We wanted to see if the aluminium changed the flavour.

I dunno, I don't lick the can as I'm taking a swig so as long as the beer isn't tainted by the aluminium, it tastes fine to me.

Yeah into a glass first. We wanted to see if the aluminium changed the flavour.

I dunno, I don't lick the can as I'm taking a swig so as long as the beer isn't tainted by the aluminium, it tastes fine to me.
Things definitely change taste (probably perceived) for example paper straws change the experience vs plastic.

I have a mate who, much to my chagrin, always orders cider when we “go out for a few beers” (you’d think the clue would be in the name?)

His view is “what’s the big deal? We’re here, we’re enjoying a drink, there’s something in my glass, what difference does it make what it is?”

No. I’m afraid it does make a difference.

He’s lucky I’m even seen in public with him tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last "new" beer I tried was some Fear of the Dark, a lovely stout if that's your thing ( a bit heavy but nice to have in the cooler months)...or if you're a Maiden fan...

I think I was part responsible for the little beer arguement that interfered with the other thread..

I had a go at all the little craft beer drinking sissy’s who love their little fruit punch beers..

Anyway.. i never said I didnt like a little bit of a fruity taste to the beer i drink..

But below is what I’m drinkin tonight and its about the limit of the fruitiness for me.. anymore and you might aswell be drinking from the punchbowl as far as I’m concerned...

921B4BCE-6862-4F90-9F26-6E2C30D4AA70.jpeg

I think I was part responsible for the little beer arguement that interfered with the other thread..

I had a go at all the little craft beer drinking sissy’s who love their little fruit punch beers..

Anyway.. i never said I didnt like a little bit of a fruity taste to the beer i drink..

But below is what I’m drinkin tonight and its about the limit of the fruitiness for me.. anymore and you might aswell be drinking from the punchbowl as far as I’m concerned...

View attachment 1128248
So Pale Ale is too fruity.

What do you normally drink? Tooheys Extra Dry? (As in commercial dry Lagers )

View attachment 1128248
Once bought 6 of those, and 6 Coopers Sparkling from a gourmet food shop in Scotland, for an Australia Day party we hosted.

Paid the equivalent of ~$100 for 12 stubbies...

View attachment 1128248

I'm not big on fruity beers either , some one gave me a homebrew, just 2 sips it was awful, but I tried Pirate Life South Coast pale ale, just a hint of fruit and very refreshing, might be drinking alot more of it

If you like a crisp traditional pils get around Radeberger.

2298_0.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back