Streaming The Bear

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me when Nien delayed the second season of the Sopranos 20 odd years ago

It was the end of FTA and the rise off torrenting in this country which was effectively banned when the gate keepers realised the $$$$ they were losing

Fast forward to 2023 and we’re paying ridiculous $$ for water downed content spread across too many platforms

And then Disney pulls this stunt

Bet that if it was Mando Season 2 they wouldn’t have done it

P a t h e t i c

Just reiterating that season two was :thumbsu:

The writing is top class. It is very difficult to explain. Episode six is just... :drunk: (but so good)

Not everything necessarily works, and sometimes it can be a bit grating, and it's often too melodramatic. But the short episodes worked, and the guest roles from some more acclaimed actors added something, and the simple exploration of the minor characters was what gave it sustained depth.

As an aside, The Bear is a perfect metaphor for the virtues of affirmative action.

Watching 5+ hours of this special show...the perfect cure to get over your jet-lag.

A tremendous season of tv. In a post Succession world, this is the best cast show on tv.

'Fishes' will get most of the noise, and rightfully so. But I was vibing on a whole other level with 'Honeydew' and 'Forks'. Forks might be my favourite episode of tv this year. The type of episode that I can see myself randomly putting it on 10, 20 years from now just to get that kick.

Enjoyed how each episode was focused on the characters growth, but was hoping and waiting for when they would come together and be in the kitchen. Got that wish in the final episode.. that was an epic meltdown. Nono bring back the good times! Carmy scenes with Claire & Richie and then the missed phone calls from Marcus's nurse...

Can someone explain how Cousin is allowed to work in that restaurant in Episode 7? Absolutely loved the episode and thought it was brilliant but if the restaurant was supposedly the best in the country, how was Cousin allowed to have such influence there? He's bat shit crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain how Cousin is allowed to work in that restaurant in Episode 7? Absolutely loved the episode and thought it was brilliant but if the restaurant was supposedly the best in the country, how was Cousin allowed to have such influence there? He's bat s**t crazy.

My read on it is that Carm worked there and obviously was able to pull a favour. I obviously didn't quite follow it well though because I figured the role Olivia Colman played was the owner of that restaurant despite not featuring much in the overall running of it?

But you're right, if it was a restaurant of that calibre, it was tolerable that they'd let him clean forks but not much else really, certainly not on the floor.

I also noticed the picture of the guy from Copenhagen in a picture with Carm and drew the conclusion that when he referred to having to drop back because of a competitiveness with another chef, he was referring to Carm. This might have been more obvious than I anticipated lol

My read on it is that Carm worked there and obviously was able to pull a favour. I obviously didn't quite follow it well though because I figured the role Olivia Colman played was the owner of that restaurant despite not featuring much in the overall running of it?

But you're right, if it was a restaurant of that calibre, it was tolerable that they'd let him clean forks but not much else really, certainly not on the floor.

I also noticed the picture of the guy from Copenhagen in a picture with Carm and drew the conclusion that when he referred to having to drop back because of a competitiveness with another chef, he was referring to Carm. This might have been more obvious than I anticipated lol

I thought the whole episode was a dream sequence because I was in disbelief they allowed Cousin to have so much to do :tearsofjoy:

Can someone explain how Cousin is allowed to work in that restaurant in Episode 7? Absolutely loved the episode and thought it was brilliant but if the restaurant was supposedly the best in the country, how was Cousin allowed to have such influence there? He's bat s**t crazy.
Yes Cam worked there..that was the top restaurant they had mentioned he previously worked at. You can also tell by the monogram on their top that matches the one Cam had at home. Colman character was his old boss.

Wait I changed my mind, Episode 7 (Forks) is as good if not better. Wow.

And yes I am biased because they used Taylor Swift in the soundtrack but that was incredible television as almost the complete opposite of episode 6.

It’s the best show I’ve seen this year by a country mile. Incredible.

The craft that goes into this show is something else.

Episodes 6 and 7 are peak, buts that not to put down the other episodes- brilliant character development. The show has heart.

I haven't been able to enjoy a show the last few months since finishing The Bear. It just set the standard so high.

There's room for the cheaply produced shows made to pass the time and make a few bucks for advertisers and streaming services.

But hopefully never at the expense of absolute quality like this. I admit it was a bit slow to get going but once it hit its stride it was TV perfection. I also don't understand the criticism of the finale - yes, it resorted to a couple of tropes (won't spoil it for people) but it set it up very well for season 3 and was otherwise near flawless and stuck the landing in tying up most of the arcs set up throughout the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back