The Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

With Agar likely to miss to, I really don't know who is going to score the runs.

Yeah, it's hilarious in a way. How often would you drop your leading run scorer when 2-0 down in a series? We may suck but it's not dull.

Yeah, it's hilarious in a way. How often would you drop your leading run scorer when 2-0 down in a series? We may suck but it's not dull.

If looking to sum up the current tour in one word, 'Farce' is currently well in the lead as the best option.

Our bowling line up must be getting so peeved off, they are bowling well enough, most of the time they are bowling test quality stuff, but the batting line up is just so poor, I sure hope they can keep their motivation up.

Who's going to replace Pattinson? Starc or Bird? I'd probbaly go Bird, because I just think Starc is to wayward, he might bowl 3 or 4 decent balls an over, but then he will bowl 1 or 2 garbage balls and let all the pressure off, opposition batsman know they can just wait on him.

I'd go with Starc, but I'm not too concerned about either. Starc needs to get it right but if he does, I like our options a lot more with a lefty who hoops the ball at pace.

Anyone else look at the Australia A scorecard and wonder if the Saffas aren't conspiring to **** us over some more by letting Maxwell and Warner off the leash? Surprised they didn't all fall on their swords against Coulter-Nile in an effort to get him drafted into the test squad.

Goods days effort from the batsmen , lets hope they can push on and get a big score , give the bowlers some runs to bowl at. Kawaja must of run over a black cat , how could that be out ffs.

Clarke and Smith played some really nice shots, hopefully they can go on with it tonight. Smith deserves a ton, he is much improved despite being a favourite whipping boy for some years.

Warner needs directions to the nearest sizable cliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How selfish of him... Blind Freddie could see the edge there. Dumb cricketer.

To think that with a little bit of luck he never would have made it as a cricketer and would be knee deep in sewerage for the modest wage he deserves. God's gift to plumbing.

Clarke should of just said " Mate you snicked it ,just go please". Can see why Warner didn't think he hit it given how he whacked his pad with his bat at the same time he edged it . Still a waste of a review IMO.

Yeh, I think so - certainly Cannons is being harsh on him with that last statement.

This is a bloke who's averaging a tick under 40 with that bat at test level, with almost all of that being as an opener who's played 19 tests.

I can't believe after a poor series in India Boof has pretty much said he won't open again, I think he's more of an opener then Shane Watson.

He'll have his brain fades until he becomes an experienced player, but he isn't soft like Watson.

He's deserved a whack for his actions recently though, no doubt.

I would put Warner at 3(ala Boon) and Kawaja at 6 ,think the kid is being thrown to the wolves at 3. Other than that can't complain about our first knock.

He's a boob. Has a bit of talent but tempers that by being a complete pillock. If he wasn't aware he'd nicked it, why'd he turn to follow the ball like he'd just belted the cover off it?

Khawaja is 26 - not exactly a kid. The #3 spot is there for anyone who can hold it. Not like we have the luxury of gently slotting newcomers into a successful side these days. Plenty of free loaders can lob up in the middle order and chalk up the odd score. Haddin anyone? Quick runs required before declaration; think I'll play for the average and the let the #9 do all the heavy lifting.

Wow, genuinely good keeping from Haddin. Who'd have thought??

F**k me it's contagious. I detest sportsmanship. If the game wasn't a nailed on draw I'm not sure they'd be taking the congenial route.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back