Autopsy The annihilations continue v suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Its like trapping your finger in the door. You dont go back and do it again after a few times. You quickly learn to stay away and go and enjoy yourself somewhere else without the pain and frustration. That door is not going to go away anytime soon. 🥴

Not sure which poster mentioned it a couple of weeks ago but we’ve gone and broken the 1972 record for the worst start to a season starting 0 & 9.

Don’t start bullshitting me about what happened the following season like it means anything.
Unless there’s some loophole we’re not aware of, this is going to be a grind till we’re somewhat competitive again.

Last edited:
A couple of not so fun facts...
Last night we became the 2nd team to have been beaten in our last meeting with 17 opponents. The other one was GWS between Rounds 12-18, 2013
It's the first time North Melbourne has lost in their most recent game against all opponents since Rounds 8-16, 1972.

A couple of not so fun facts...
Last night we became the 2nd team to have been beaten in our last meeting with 17 opponents. The other one was GWS between Rounds 12-18, 2013
It's the first time North Melbourne has lost in their most recent game against all opponents since Rounds 8-16, 1972.
fun images GIF

We don't need AFL intervention or priority picks.

It's a s**t attitude that when you make your own mess you expect to be bailed out. It is the complete antithesis of competition.

F$%# that.

Dig in and fix it yourself.

We need to pump another 40 to 50 games into our young guys and get rid of the embarassingly ineffectual and incompetent senior crew.

I'd be surprised if there's been a worse cohort of senior players in the history of the game.
We have five players in the most important demographic in the game age wise (ie over 26 year olds.)

So five actual senior players. They are Shiels, Greenwood, Lmac, Corr and Tucker.

I realise there are many more factors than just list management to lay the blame, but I doubt there has been or ever will be a team that knowingly, willingly creates and plays a team of 22 players and only one is a KPF. Has it ever happened when a team has been so crap?

It is absolutely killing us. Last year our midfield was functioning and for the most part cared. But they had only one option to kick to. We sucked as a result of that. It is even worse now as our mids have checked out.

This is going on 5 years with only one target up forward. How the f*ck does this happen? How the f*ck does Clarko expect us to take any advantage of the measly opportunities when the only KPF pretty much relies on perfect delivery on the lead and hasn’t got a clue how to halve a contest if there is physical contact made?
We do have three to five KPFs on the list (depending on how you count them. Ie five with Comben, CCJ and Maley.)

ooofff don’t think you could name a worse core group of senior players.
You can blame everyone else all you like but the reason we have this s**t as our older players goes back a decade. And all of them would be better with another half dozen decent older players there as well to create a proper senior core. This is why it will take time and isn't all on Brady Rawlings either.

Great post. This season sucks. This period sucks.

I've been reflecting a lot, and this is by no means even the worst loss we've had to the gold coast. There was a game when we were at the peak of our powers in the 2010s, and we got smashed. Solidified we were not up to the best of them.

Last night while disappointing, should have come as no surprise given it was Darwin. I think us supporters are tired and frustrated.

Also, LDU is a gun. Sick of the LDU bashing.
Yet there were three or four times last night while he stopped less than one metre from the ball and watched the likes of Touk Miller run flat out and take the ball away. It was pretty hecken soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do have three to five KPFs on the list (depending on how you count them. Ie five with Comben, CCJ and Maley.)
Come on now FB…that is quite disingenuous. They can be considered KPFs simply because of their height.

We are banking our hopes on:

1)A genuine KPF who needs help as he is playing a one-man-band up front

2)A lumbering mountain who once kicked 9 in the VFL and is out for the season with a busted ankle

3)A VFL player who got a total of 5 possessions in the two games played at AFL level before being relegated to the 2s.

4) A young raw high-flyer plucked from the blue who is basically still learning the skills and fitness to possibly be competitive at AFL level

5) A young, injury-riddled but highly promising forward who has shone this year as our best defender.

If we have 3-5 KPFs on the list, then why have we willingly played with a gigantic hole at CHF for four years?

Come on now FB…that is quite disingenuous. They can be considered KPFs simply because of their height.

We are banking our hopes on:

1)A genuine KPF who needs help as he is playing a one-man-band up front

2)A lumbering mountain who once kicked 9 in the VFL and is out for the season with a busted ankle

3)A VFL player who got a total of 5 possessions in the two games played at AFL level before being relegated to the 2s.

4) A young raw high-flyer plucked from the blue who is basically still learning the skills and fitness to possibly be competitive at AFL level

5) A young, injury-riddled but highly promising forward who has shone this year as our best defender.

If we have 3-5 KPFs on the list, then why have we willingly played with a gigantic hole at CHF for four years?
Because Comben couldn't get on the park basically.

We have five players in the most important demographic in the game age wise (ie over 26 year olds.)

So five actual senior players. They are Shiels, Greenwood, Lmac, Corr and Tucker.
It's hard reading. Players like Atley, JMac and Dumont might have been more stabilising than we thought? Or maybe this is the right path, but the current difficulties make us look back thinking things were better than they were in the past?

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's hard reading. Players like Atley, JMac and Dumont might have been more stabilising than we thought? Or maybe this is the right path, but the current difficulties make us look back thinking things were better than they were in the past?

I think there was more going on with all that after the hub. I suspect Froggy wanted out. Ats did when he finally left. I think Dumont and JMac would have spent alot of time in the VFL over the last few years. Ats might have too but now Thomas is gone would be useful in the middle as a big body. So would Jed Anderson. None of them really knew how to hold on and win games tho.

I think there was more going on with all that after the hub. I suspect Froggy wanted out. Ats did when he finally left. I think Dumont and JMac would have spent alot of time in the VFL over the last few years. Ats might have too but now Thomas is gone would be useful in the middle as a big body. So would Jed Anderson. None of them really knew how to hold on and win games tho.
That freaking hub! I'd still love to know WTAF went on up there. It's had a bigger effect on us than Adelaide's camp!

Clarkos comments from the press conference, competed and got enough of the ball but were hurt on the turnover. Fitness also playing a massive part by the end.

I agree with most of what he said in the press conference and don't necessarily think things are his fault as the players do need to be accountable for there actions i.e handpassing to nobody dropping simple marks poor kicks (looking at you LDU) etc the list goes on and on. The main thing if anything is that team selection was wrong and has been most of the season. Most teams will have 2 proper tall defenders and even a 3rd at times aswell. Yet our forward line is getting smaller and smaller each week. Last week it was no ford in it. This week Duursma out aswell. most of the time our mids are going to kick to the main man in larkey but he can barely compete one on one in a contest let a lone 3 on 1. He needs support. And if we're gonna insist on not playing a chf such as pink or maley then the game plan needs to change to suit the medium talls otherwise its gonna be more of the same. The players in our forward half have the quality in them to be better.

I fell out of love with the game a number of years ago as I dont recognise it from the game I once loved. The only thing that has kept me interested in footy is North. And at the moment I cant bring myself to watch them anymore either. 🤦‍♂️🥴😪
I feel ya brother. Ive taken up watching golf for hecks sake. Golf!!! I love playing it, never really watched it.. thats how s**t footy is, its now golf

You can blame everyone else all you like but the reason we have this s**t as our older players goes back a decade. And all of them would be better with another half dozen decent older players there as well to create a proper senior core. This is why it will take time and isn't all on Brady Rawlings either.
Exactly right, and the mind blowing fact is 4 of the 5 you listed we recruited as mature age players. Tucker was pretty much stake knives and Shiels was retired lol.
This Hub stuff is mystery to me, i must be the only person not in the know. Everyone appears to know it was a shipshow but nobody ever says what exactly happened. Its weird its like everyone knows but we dare not speak about it. Well hey guys over here, i dont know lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back