Autopsy The annihilations continue v suns

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m just sick of there being two interpretations when we play.

We are going to lose anyway, but these maggot campaigners truly don’t give a * when they umpire us.

It’s like they have the mindset that the opposition is better so they don’t make mistakes and let them get away with everything.

I highlighted in an earlier post an umpire in the last 10 secs call Witts to stand twice and he kept walking away, yet decided to do nothing.

How can you just ignore something so blatant unless it’s a conscious decision. It’s not a mistake, he is actually pleading with Witts to stand so he doesn’t have to pay 50 and then when he doesn’t, just decides not to penalise him anyway.

It’s hard enough watching us play, but then having to put up with this s**t decision making week in week out that we are always on the wrong end of.
Sadly, I’m able to ignore it because I didn’t see it, R. And I never will. For the first time since I started supporting North, I haven’t watched a single moment of our games for the last two weeks. I won’t watch next week either. I never thought I’d see the day. 😢

Underrated parts of this evening

Xerri having multiple opportunities to handball to our outside midfielders with space and time to work in, and choosing on each of those occasions to kick blindly into the ether onto the chest of a GCS player

Zurhaar being made to look like a genuine crab by something called a Bohdi Uwland. If you don't want to try Cam, drop yourself. Storm into AFL House and do a line off Laura Kanes desk or something. The mids got fingered but give half a yelp old mate.

Larkey getting four outed on every conceivable occasion because for whatever reason we still refuse to play another KPF down there to support him. Hardwick's match committee would have seen him more erect than when he gets an opportunity to cheat on his missus with the PR manager

Tuckers 7 possessions. Glorious. What a pickup. If he was actually a wart attached to Griffin Logues balls he would offer more.

Luke McDonald. The captain. Good grief. F**k yourself Luke. You suck

I have firmly come to the opinion that there is no way out of this. Unless the AFL itself takes over control of every football department decision, the club will cease to exist in its current form within 10 years. We have proven to lack the culture and ability to do it ourselves and we're going deeper into the hole. It just can't continue like this.
If we are winless this time next year the questions about our club will be getting loud in the media.

It's funny how you feel things at certain points in time. The trainwreck well and truly continues but after tonight it just really feels like a few players who are contemplating a future at North are leaning towards a certain decision.
Don’t worry any kid with talent would also be speaking to their manager and asking them to put the feelers out.

Why would you want to play at this club, where it’s acceptable for senior leaders to phone in effort.

Clarkson, is enabling this behaviour. The bloke we thought could be the saviour might be the one to finally break it.

When Clarko first arrived at the club, I reckon he thought it was possible for this team to get 8 wins in year one. He came into this year believing that last year was a right off and we could get the 6 to 8 wins this year. After about round 4 or 5, he has hoisted the white flag. He has been lowering the expectations of what can be acheieved this year. To be honest, at the current rate of improvement, 8 wins may not even be achieved by year 5 of his contract. I really hope I am wrong but I'm struggling to see how I am wrong.

I don't think the conditions were helpful, but that may have been the worst game I have seen, and I watched most of the first half on my phone while I was having dinner at my parents' place.

The number of goals we concede from our defensive half is beyond embarrassing, we have no defensive system, we just allow our opponents to waltz through the middle without a hand laid on them time and time again and expect our relatively inexperienced backline to cover for them. Our midfield may be full of high draft picks but all they do is pick when to defend and pick out an opponent when in attack. I honestly though at the start of the season, the talent we had in the midfield could in some way compensate for the inexperience we have on our backline, but our midfield is our biggest Achillies heel, outside of Wardlaw and Powell I don't think any of them want to play for us and I wouldn't be upset at all if they ask to leave at the end of the season.

Clarko may be a four-time Premiership coach, but in the 18 months he has been at the club I don't think we have shown any improvement at all, in fact we are probably worse than when Noble was coaching us. After 9 rounds in 2022 we had at least won 10 quarters and only conceded 100 points on 6 occasions, so far this season we have only won 4 quarters and haven't kept a team below 100 points yet. It's time to start asking questions about Clarkson's abilities and if changes need to be made.

We play Essendon and Port Adelaide before the bye, I'm expecting two 100-point defeats, then two huge weeks before our game against the Weagles.

Last edited:
I suppose the beatings will continue until morale improves. Does anyone know what the record is for a player playing games before their first win? Because George (gosh he's good isn't he) is going to give that a fair shake.

Comben cares. Maybe too much. Arch cares. Sheezel and Wardlaw care. I think Larkey cares. Xerri too maybe. I reckon LDU does too. The rest of them, gee it's hard to make a case for.

At least Stephenson's running patterns saw him get the footy a bit tonight. Thought he was OK. A very low bar.

Drury wont make it. Lazzaro needs a full game to make an impact. Their sub had 12 touches (I know because Gerard Healy had the abacus out counting them) and 7 clearances in about 25 minutes. Laz got made to look like a small Victorian-era child

I have no issue with the Pres or CEO to this point. It is the football department. At some
Point we need big change to our recruiting, that is perhaps the one decision she needs to push for

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ultimately the football department answers to the CEO and the Pres has been on the Board since 2019.

They don’t get a free pass.

The number of goals we concede from our defensive half is beyond embarrassing, we have no defensive system, we just allow our opponents to waltz through the middle without a hand laid on them time and time again and expect our relatively inexperienced backline to cover for them.

This is part of the problem. We cannot defend in transition. We have no concept of what it looks like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And somehow still haven’t been given a start of first round priority pick yet

Has to come now

Unprecedented modern low
I don't think that's the answer, and I hope they abolish priority picks in the first round, until the end of the round. Which we've already had two for this year.

We need the AFL to step in and help us with player development and pay for extra coaching. We haven't got the money, but if we can have an extra soft cap budget, and its funded by the AFL for development it may be more acceptable to other clubs.

And rather than a PP, maybe what we need is an extra $300k salary cap or something along those lines, so we can recruit established players?

The problem with an 18 team competition is that the talent is spread too thin in the draft. And unlike sports like the NBA and NFL where one player can make a huge difference, AFL is different. How many good defenders are in the draft each year, and how many are ready to play from year 1?

I follow NFL, and there are multiple good players in each position available, who are ready to start. We don't have that, so building by the draft is a slow process for most teams, unless you hit the jackpot with a player.

Think about what? Most of the posters on here jerking off after the boys won a dead rubber? Has done wonders for our morale and confidence that win. ******* embarrassing the players actually celebrated.

It makes me sick thinking about it.
Well said

Think about what? Most of the posters on here jerking off after the boys won a dead rubber? Has done wonders for our morale and confidence that win. ******* embarrassing the players actually celebrated.

It makes me sick thinking about it.
How dare we win a game now and again.

I have no issue with the Pres or CEO to this point. It is the football department. At some
Point we need big change to our recruiting, that is perhaps the one decision she needs to push for

We brought in a new head of recruiting last year. On the drafting side anyway. According to Landsbergers recent article his role has been upgraded.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Xerri having multiple opportunities to handball to our outside midfielders with space and time to work in, and choosing on each of those occasions to kick blindly into the ether onto the chest of a GCS player

Larkey getting four outed on every conceivable occasion because for whatever reason we still refuse to play another KPF down there to support him. Hardwick's match committee would have seen him more erect than when he gets an opportunity to cheat on his missus with the PR manager

My favourite Xerri moment was in the last quarter where he bullied Sheezel off a ground ball and then got pinged for incorrect disposal

My favourite Larkey moment was him winning a contest against FOUR opponents, then hitting the ball back to a dangerous area where two more Suns were waiting

I suppose the beatings will continue until morale improves. Does anyone know what the record is for a player playing games before their first win? Because George (gosh he's good isn't he) is going to give that a fair shake.

Comben cares. Maybe too much. Arch cares. Sheezel and Wardlaw care. I think Larkey cares. Xerri too maybe. I reckon LDU does too. The rest of them, gee it's hard to make a case for.

At least Stephenson's running patterns saw him get the footy a bit tonight. Thought he was OK. A very low bar.

Drury wont make it. Lazzaro needs a full game to make an impact. Their sub had 12 touches (I know because Gerard Healy had the abacus out counting them) and 7 clearances in about 25 minutes. Laz got made to look like a small Victorian-era child
It sums up the problems at our club that we were internally lauding Drury as a draft steal. We have no idea.

This is part of the problem. We cannot defend in transition. We have no concept of what it looks like
That’s on the coach. The amount of times we heck around in the back half and turn it over or invite pressure is due to a ******* stupid game plan.

Watch how we defend kick outs. Everyone pushes back and leaves the 50 open for the opposition waltz out of and drive it to the wing.

Modern footy is played by trying to keep it in your front half and pressure for turnover. We set up to let the opposition out easily.

The more I see the more I think Clarko has lost the ******* plot. But lucky we know where we are at?

We saw in the last quarter against St Kilda that when we played Pink as the second forward the structure looked so much better, yet tonight we go back to one key forward and a bunch of flankers.

Is he seriously setting this side up to be the most competitive it can be? It doesn’t seem like it.

My favourite Xerri moment was in the last quarter where he bullied Sheezel off a ground ball and then got pinged for incorrect disposal

I swear there was one point where he ignored Powell and hacked it forward and you could see Powell in the wide shot looking visibly confused as a GCS defender marked it at CHB

Only one of these guys remains.

1000000288.jpg

Perhaps it's time to make it five outta five.

I have firmly come to the opinion that there is no way out of this. Unless the AFL itself takes over control of every football department decision, the club will cease to exist in its current form within 10 years. We have proven to lack the culture and ability to do it ourselves and we're going deeper into the hole. It just can't continue like this.
I agree. I'm not optimistic that we will improve over the next 18 months, and then when Tasmania come in, we lose that $2M in finding and the academy there. We won't have an academy zone, and I don't think we'll get 11 home games in Melbourne.

We will probably have to sell 3 or 4 home games and play them in Darwin, or rural Victoria.

We have the smallest membership, and the on field and off field problems are about to collide. It's going to be tough not to be forced to do whatever the AFL wants us to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back