Mega Thread The 2012 Membership Mega Thread - All membership enquiries in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: New 2012 Membership Q

My waitlist number is roughly 15,000 at the moment so still have a long way to go :(

I spoke to someone at AFL memberships recently and was told that generally when Victorian teams are dominating the top 8 the renewal numbers are much higher. She said earlier in the last decade when the interstate teams were winning everything there was a much greater drop off rate.

So once the Pies window shuts if GWS and the Suns dominate for years the waiting time may shorten considerably.

so i've always wanted to become an AFL member but i am a Legends Collingwood member so i can have access to a GF ticket. Is there a discount to buy both memberships? I heard there is and how much would that be??

so i've always wanted to become an AFL member but i am a Legends Collingwood member so i can have access to a GF ticket. Is there a discount to buy both memberships? I heard there is and how much would that be??

There was an MCC/AFL Legends upgrade listed last year but not this year because it's at capacity. I'm sure they have a figure for members in your situation, just not published so best to call the club.

I'm a Legends' member and AFL silver member. I get about $350 discount off my Collingwood Legends' membership as an AFL member, from memory. This discount basically pays for the AFL silver membership each year, give or take.

Season Ticket/Social Club Membership

This is the One I got this year for $130 bucks.

So I was wondering what the Social Club Means as This is something new that I have not had before.

Please Help?

Dave, what type of membership are you after?

I'm guessing 18 game (home and away) general admission, probably with a concession (which is $155 for 2012).

The social club membership would include a reserved seat for each match, and as you can see is way more then just a normal season ticket.

http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/general-admission/11

Anyway, tell us what type you are after and I (or anyone else here) may be able to help.:)

Dave, what type of membership are you after?

I'm guessing 18 game (home and away) general admission, probably with a concession (which is $155 for 2012).

The social club membership would include a reserved seat for each match, and as you can see is way more then just a normal season ticket.

http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/general-admission/11

Anyway, tell us what type you are after and I (or anyone else here) may be able to help.:)

Already Brought it and it says I got this Membership:
Season Ticket & Social Club Home game Memberships
Collingwood FC Membership

GA5, Concession H 1 22 Season Ticket Concession AUD $130.00

Yeah Dave, ignore the Social Club part, from what I can gather you have bought the home game general admission season ticket.

This gets you into 11 games (general admission at home games), and I'd say it's the same as last year.

The social club part is just listed there because of how it's set out on their website, and probably on their invoicing.

It seems you've basically bought the same ticket you had last year.:thumbsu:

Yeah Dave, ignore the Social Club part, from what I can gather you have bought the home game general admission season ticket.

This gets you into 11 games (general admission at home games), and I'd say it's the same as last year.

The social club part is just listed there because of how it's set out on their website, and probably on their invoicing.

It seems you've basically bought the same ticket you had last year.:thumbsu:

Well that's what I wanted.

I am not Fussed about the Social Club.

I will find out when I get my Package

Why is the club penny pinching on members benefits despite record membership and revenue.
First they remove the free hat and downgrade the members polo from addidas to kmart quality last season.
This season they jack up the price of the supporters pack and the fixture magnet I received today was a bent piece of cardboard with a small 2cm x 2cm magnet that can't even stick to my fridge.
I know these little things don't seem much but it's pissing me off as it seems the club doesn't really care anymore about providing value to their members. I actually think we are now last in the league for members benefits compared to other AFL clubs.
Anyone else feel the same?

I forgot to send off a seat change form and my membership package is on its way. Do you reckon I can change it? I was double allocated home seats at Ethihad last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's what I wanted.

I am not Fussed about the Social Club.

I will find out when I get my Package

You should be. If a few things go your way you might end up with a GF ticket.

Okay, I think with everyting I have read here and on AFL and Collingwood website, this is the best way to go for our family, what do you all think??????

We are 2 x adult
1 x concession adult (my mother) who will only come to a few (3-6) games
4 children (1 =5yrs, 2 = 3yrs, 1=1yrs)

Therefore we are thinking this is the best "package" for us"

2x silver AFL
3x under 7 AFL (add 4th child in 2013)
+ Collingwood add on
2x adult captain
3x junior captain
1x concession 3gaqe/captains/reserved.

WHAT DO YOU THINK????

P.S. This is our first year, therefore a huge financial commitment....we just want to make the best choice, and introduce our kids to footy at the right time.

WHAT DO YOU THINK????

P.S. This is our first year, therefore a huge financial commitment....we just want to make the best choice, and introduce our kids to footy at the right time.

Sorry, I think there are others who are better able to advise you.

But it is awesome that you're making the commitment to take the family to watch Collingwood in 2012. Especially introducing the kids early. I hope you all have a wonderful time :thumbsu:

I received my membership but im still waiting on the supporters pack. Is that normal? Have you guys received the pack aswell?

Jump on the MCC waiting list....MUCH better facilities then the rest of the ground.

Whilst on the MCC waiting list (think 15 years+ to become restricted member), just try a seasons ticket for starters....need to work out who you are going with, if it changes from week to week it makes reserved seats harder.

If you go in every week with the same people, chat to them about looking to get reserved seats - social - captains upgrade down the track

Okay, I think with everyting I have read here and on AFL and Collingwood website, this is the best way to go for our family, what do you all think??????

We are 2 x adult
1 x concession adult (my mother) who will only come to a few (3-6) games
4 children (1 =5yrs, 2 = 3yrs, 1=1yrs)

Therefore we are thinking this is the best "package" for us"

2x silver AFL
3x under 7 AFL (add 4th child in 2013)
+ Collingwood add on
2x adult captain
3x junior captain
1x concession 3gaqe/captains/reserved.

WHAT DO YOU THINK????

I got AFL Memberships about 4 years ago.
Me, wife and 3 kids.
If there are 2 full paying adults only one child pays.
All the other children under 16 get free memberships, no matter how many.
I think you have made the right choice financially wise.
The first year is the big whack because of the joining fee.
Last year it cost all five of us about $850, this year it will be $905.
The only benefit you will get from the Captains membership is obviously a reserved seat for Home games and a chance to enter the draw for a Grand Final ticket.
Good to get the children AFL Memberships so early because by the time they are teens and Adults, they will have Full Memberships.

I got sent a supporters pack a week before my membership stuff arrived.

This was strange because I didn't order a supporters pack. I went back online to check my order, and no mention of the pack and the invoice states as much.

Then I checked my CC statement and they had charged me for the pack, so I contacted the club and asked for charges to be reversed as I never ordered it. hey said they would do it when I send the pack back, I politely informed them that it was their mistake and they should refund immediately and I would send the pack back.

Their advice was to just write 'Free Post' on the pack and put it in the mail and it would get to the club. I went to the post office and they just laughed at me and said there was no way I could do that.

Now I have got the refund and still have the pack. I don't want to look like a dishonest tool and keep the pack, but I also don't want to pay the $15 to mail it back as a matter of principle. If I just stick it in the letterbox and hope (as per their advice) and it doesn't arrive, it just looks like I pinched the pack and took the refund, which is not my intention!

Might drop it into the club when I'm down for a game during the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back