Preview The 20’s- a time capsule

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think we'll win a flag, but if we do, it might be Bulldogs style i.e. assisted by the umpires on GF day.

Will likely spend most of the decade outside of the top eight.

Ziebell to plod along as captain for the first part of the decade, some unexpected selection to take over and do much better...

...or at least I hope and pray so. Swallow to Harvey to Ziebell. Goodness gracious.

AFL to pull some nonsense such as expanding with another two teams. Further diluting the talent pool.

We keep playing games at Colonial Stadium and none of our fans will know if we even make money there ('core business', aye, JB)?

Four games at Tassie to grow to five or six at some point, 'don't worry, short term thing', yeah sure.

AFL to continue to be a joke of a competition, the coverage will get worse as peoples attention spans continue to atrophy.

At some point there will be reading of tweets during matches, and crosses to wags / parents for emotional storytelling during play.

If the AFL go down the path of 'equal pay' expect the league to quickly become a de facto government institution (if it isn't already).

Stop trolling us gaso🙇🏻‍♂️

We had a similar thread in 2009 about how Scott was going to lead us to glory and that the teens would be a successful decade as we were due from the successes of the 70s and 90s. Romantic stuff.

The 2000s we’re marginally more successful than the 2010’s.
And that decade included years such as 2001, 2006 and 2009 - some of the worst in recent memory. And it was still a more successful era than the 2010’s.

Stop trolling us gaso🙇🏻‍♂️

We had a similar thread in 2009 about how Scott was going to lead us to glory and that the teens would be a successful decade as we were due from the successes of the 70s and 90s. Romantic stuff.

The 2000s we’re marginally more successful than the 2010’s.
And that decade included years such as 2001, 2006 and 2009 - some of the worst in recent memory. And it was still a more successful era than the 2010’s.

Did we?
i can’t find it

Did we?
i can’t find it
Yep. Pretty sure the chatter was that 2010 would be our decade and would replicate the successes of the 70s and 90s that came consecutive 20 year eras before.
We barely landed a shot.

Yep. Pretty sure the chatter was that 2010 would be our decade and would replicate the successes of the 70s and 90s that came consecutive 20 year eras before.
We barely landed a shot.

Yeh not much back there, around page 480-500.

Some sad threads; especially my old posting buddy the Chiefton. He was such an optimistic cat; sadly worse off this place without him.

Read a thread created by myself where I was in Asia with my Cap on and a random Aussie asked how the Roos will go in 2010.

This is the NMFC's pov at the time...check it out...

lenn McFarlane, Sunday Herald Sun
February 21, 2010 12:00am
NORTH Melbourne wants to eradicate its $4 million debt, have 40,000 members and be in a position to chase a fifth premiership by 2014.
In a bold statement, the club wants to be on the offensive as it seeks to cement its future in its suburb and the state over the next five years.

Kangaroos chief executive Eugene Arocca has revealed exclusively to the Sunday Herald Sun the club's vision heading to 2014.

"This plan was driven hard by (chairman) James (Brayshaw) and the board, along with the new executive team," Arocca said.

"It is now being embedded within the organisation, so that every person, every player, and every staff member is aware of what our key objectives are.

"This is all about the new Kangaroos. It's about a new coach, a new facility and, hopefully, a new era."

lenn McFarlane, Sunday Herald Sun
February 21, 2010 12:00am
NORTH Melbourne wants to eradicate its $4 million debt, have 40,000 members and be in a position to chase a fifth premiership by 2014.
In a bold statement, the club wants to be on the offensive as it seeks to cement its future in its suburb and the state over the next five years.

Kangaroos chief executive Eugene Arocca has revealed exclusively to the Sunday Herald Sun the club's vision heading to 2014.

"This plan was driven hard by (chairman) James (Brayshaw) and the board, along with the new executive team," Arocca said.

"It is now being embedded within the organisation, so that every person, every player, and every staff member is aware of what our key objectives are.

"This is all about the new Kangaroos. It's about a new coach, a new facility and, hopefully, a new era."
They pretty much achieved all of that.

However I prefer the goal of a premiership in two or three seasons. Its concrete and puts an expectation on everyone. Every club is chasing a premiership.

What's this * to Frankston

It was bad enough we had to have St Kilda at Belvadere Park (and we had a bloody St Kilda sign put up only 200m from my place). We've also had some good-bloke coaches down here too, when we're allowed into the VFL that is.

But don't wish * on us. Frig right off with that shit-sandwich of a prediction.
I'm a frankston boy too and went back there recently....i don't know what the hell is going on there, but all the vacant shops on nepean highway, pint & pickle is a squat... it's one block from one of the best beaches on the Bay!

I love franga, but I can't understand why all of Melbourne is going through the roof, but Frankston seems to be going backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we'll win a flag, but if we do, it might be Bulldogs style i.e. assisted by the umpires on GF day.

Will likely spend most of the decade outside of the top eight.

Ziebell to plod along as captain for the first part of the decade, some unexpected selection to take over and do much better...

...or at least I hope and pray so. Swallow to Harvey to Ziebell. Goodness gracious.

AFL to pull some nonsense such as expanding with another two teams. Further diluting the talent pool.

We keep playing games at Colonial Stadium and none of our fans will know if we even make money there ('core business', aye, JB)?

Four games at Tassie to grow to five or six at some point, 'don't worry, short term thing', yeah sure.

AFL to continue to be a joke of a competition, the coverage will get worse as peoples attention spans continue to atrophy.

At some point there will be reading of tweets during matches, and crosses to wags / parents for emotional storytelling during play.

If the AFL go down the path of 'equal pay' expect the league to quickly become a de facto government institution (if it isn't already).
We should hang out for beers or something. You sound like a hoot.

My modestly optimistic prediction ...

The current 23-and-under brigade come through together as the core of a perennial finalist, with a handful of top 4 finishes and breaking through for a flag. Josh Kelly comes over after our flag to chase success after GWS get done in 2 more GFs without winning one, but we don't win again and he retires unulfilled.

all polling suggests sanders is the best candidate to beat trump. don't let the liberal mind virus into your brain

Trump will annihilate a high taxing universal Medicare type arrangement. You wait and see the high tax scare campaign that is coming when Bernie gets the Nomination

Remove this Banner Ad

Back