Player Watch Tew Jiath

Remove this Banner Ad

Jiath looks fantastic in the stripes. Can’t wait to see him play.
Really great to see his whole family are Pies supporters.
Wishing him best of luck.

Great video

And confirms for me Tew rhymes with Howe

So it’s a homophone for the protein that builds up in your brain when you have CTE? That’s awfully ominous!

Yeah was a great video

You can tell they really love that he’s gone to the club they all support

Now we just need to poach CJ lol

I’m guessing that in about 15 years time we discover that cute younger brother (Emmanuel) ends up being the pick of the family.

Last edited:
Very belated but super happy with this selection.

Love that we didn’t just draft a tall for the sake of it. Those that were left on the table were very vanilla imo.

Tew will be a cult figure in years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems to me that the Ginnivan trade was done to raise the 39 pick to 33 and put it above the threshold where Hawthorn could have taken Jiath....

I wonder if hawthorn realised that when they agreed to the trade. Of course Jiath might have been taken by other clubs and they mightnt have known that the Pies were interested in him.

Yeah was a great video

You can tell they really love that he’s gone to the club they all support

Now we just need to poach CJ lol
And the younger brother, on his character alone - such a wonderful family, you could feel the love shinning through, for one another and the Pies - great story and wonderful video.

I just did a comparison in draft profile betwen jiath and ryan. Only 6 months difference in age. Very similar in a lot of other things.

Throw in Markov and Howe for a physical comparison and the weight goes from 72kg to 85 kg. Obviously no comparison between Howe and Markov in marking and you wouldnt call them interchangeable but they look like the preferred physique for backmen. Quaynor being 8cm shorter but a similar weight as Howe, demonstrates that a smaller version is possible but only because of his strength and marking ability. Noble at the same height as Quaynor but a lot lighter with a weakness in marking appears outside the preferred range. That being said, four guys at 188cm intercept markers mightnt be the best answer against a team with small forwards. The question whether Ryan and Jiath can both fit in long term is beyond my limited skills. I just found the comparison interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back