May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne
In: Brown, Bate, Bell, Jones, McLean
Out: Green (susp), Read
Int (from): Godfrey, Dunn, Wheatley, Brown, Bate, Bell, Jones

BROCK'S BACK!!!:thumbsu: Bate too. :thumbsu:

From the extended bench I think Godfrey, Bell and Jones will miss. (Although I'd pick Jones)

No Miller? mmm. I would have put him in too

yep, hope bate is right to play. will be good to see him running around on the MCG again. brockers has been missed last few weeks. has fast become one of my fav players if not number one now. will be interesting to see if jones gets a guersery this week.
was a bit surprised miller wasnt included into the lineup but maybe ND just wants to see him back it up with another good game in the reserves. hopefully he can regain some form. he is a pretty important part of the team still i think.

Ferguson and Miller still out, whilst Ward and Godfrey remain. I know they wouldn't do a straight swap with those 4, but boy oh boy. A side that's 3rd on the ladder needs a CHF and no duds.

I'd have McLean (obviously) and Brown in. Personally I'd give Ward and Godfrey the arse too but that's far too much to ask. And I only want Miller back at CHF when somebody sits him down and shows him all the times he's cocked up by trying to playing too quickly after he's marked.

I'd get down to the VFL to watch the great man himself in action but I'm still boycotting it.

its official. jones to debut. in with bate and mclean
out is wheatley and read.

edit: green is also obviously out

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257904&page=2

MELBOURNE
B: Whelan, Carroll, Holland
HB: Ward, Rivers, Bartram
C: Davey, Johnstone, Bruce
HF: Sylvia, Robertson, Pickett
F: Jamar, Neitz, Yze
FOLL: White, McLean, McDonald
I/C: Bate, Godfrey, Dunn, Jones

IN: McLean, Bate, Jones
OUT: Green (susp), Read, Wheatley
EM: Brown, Bell, Wheatley
NEW: Nathan Jones (Dandenong Stingrays)

Pretty much the perfect changes.

Wheatley = Overrated... Read's a spaz and Green is obviously unavailable.

Godders, as much as he can't kick and all, has probably been our best over the past 2 weeks, it would have been pretty cruel to axe him!

Good to see Bater and Jones get a look in, and the great man will dominate on his return.

Without wanting to talk this kid up too much, Nathan "The Raging Bull" Jones, is gonna be a player.

Think McLean's skills and hardness, combined with the go-getter craziness of Read. :eek:

God damn excited! :D :thumbsu:

And the guy is built like a brick ****house. I'm wetting myself just thinking about our midfield in a few years.

A criticism I've heard of Jones is that he doesn't look for the first option all the time, particularly when there's a handball on. I didn't really notice that when he played against us in the pre season cup though. Looked very good and I hope he does well.
Also, expect Brown to come in possibly for Bate. I've got my mail. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some good inclusions i think. hopefully jones can get into the groove of afl level and put in a good performance. i wouldnt imagine it would happen all that often that a team sitting in the top four would have 5 players play their first career game. bartram has played all year, dunn has played a fair few games, bate played for a bit but got injured, warnock played early and now jones. some good sights for the mfc for years to come i think (hope!).

have missed seeing brockers last couple of weeks. but im sure im no different to every other melbourne supporter. is it just me or is brockers just about the favourite now of the melbourne faithful? maybe a tie with davey.

melbournemartin said:
and this mail is?
Oops. Forgot I had posted on this board. Well, I know someone down at MFC and he said that it was already planned on Friday at their last training session because the playing group were told then that Brown would be playing and he then took warm-ups. I heard Yze on SEN say that Brown is one of Daniher's favourites. ;)
It was pretty unclear who was going out though, but my mail suspected it might be Bate. Pretty close. It was still a young one to go out. :p

Vic Crow said:
Oops. Forgot I had posted on this board. Well, I know someone down at MFC and he said that it was already planned on Friday at their last training session because the playing group were told then that Brown would be playing and he then took warm-ups. I heard Yze on SEN say that Brown is one of Daniher's favourites. ;)
It was pretty unclear who was going out though, but my mail suspected it might be Bate. Pretty close. It was still a young one to go out. :p

You got any hot tips on when we're gonna see Nick Smith in action? :eek: :D

AllStar7 said:
You got any hot tips on when we're gonna see Nick Smith in action? :eek: :D
I actually asked my contact about Nick Smith. Looks like you'll have to go down to Sandy to see him play.
Shannon Motlop a big chance to come in this week with Pickett and Davey gone though.

AllStar7 said:
Oh goodie, another D grade player.
Thrilled! :eek:
Bit harsh on Motlop, he's not a bad player. What other options do we have for a forward pocket? C.Johnson is the only other one I can think of, but he will probably come in for Brown and play in the backline.

Motlop could be the best option to replace Davey and play at the feet of our tall forwards.

Deestroy said:
Bit harsh on Motlop, he's not a bad player. What other options do we have for a forward pocket? C.Johnson is the only other one I can think of, but he will probably come in for Brown and play in the backline.

Motlop could be the best option to replace Davey and play at the feet of our tall forwards.
was Brown injured or was he not as good as i thought he was. i thought he went alright, didn't set the world on fire, but not bad enough to be dropped at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back