Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it fair to assume North will be requesting some kind of compensation for him signing with another club?

I mean, they chose to (rightfully) sack the guy - so I don’t think they need to then be compensated if he was to continue his career elsewhere, that’s just part of the deal when you sack someone.

….but they will ask….

Will they get?

Is it fair to assume North will be requesting some kind of compensation for him signing with another club?

I mean, they chose to (rightfully) sack the guy - so I don’t think they need to then be compensated if he was to continue his career elsewhere, that’s just part of the deal when you sack someone.

….but they will ask….

Will they get?
He's a delisted free agent. They will get nothing.

They can always ask but we can all guess what the answer will be.

Somehow, North will emerge from this as failing Tarryn as his redemption arc spins into 2025 success.

….but they will ask….

Will they get?
They were pressured a bit to sack him (rightfully so) then other clubs swoop. They should be compensated for the no win situation they were put in there

TT should have been banished but the AFL just want to be seen as doing right without ever really doing it

I want whoever signs him to regret it but that likely means he's threatened or bashed another woman so hopefully his form just sucks. He shouldn't get another chance to begin with though, he's just a grub

They were pressured a bit to sack him (rightfully so) then other clubs swoop. They should be compensated for the no win situation they were put in there

TT should have been banished but the AFL just want to be seen as doing right without ever really doing it

I want whoever signs him to regret it but that likely means he's threatened or bashed another woman so hopefully his form just sucks. He shouldn't get another chance to begin with though, he's just a grub
The club that signs him should be hounded for it. Memberships cancelled, strongly-worded letters, criticism from every charitable cause vaguely related, criticism from community leaders, etc.

Should be out of the league, banned from anything AFL, VFL, etc to send the message that abuse will not be tolerated. AFLW, relevant state league affiliate and anyone else with morals should not stand for his standing. Insulting to the likely victims of similar or other sexualised violence who work at the club.

….but they will ask….

Will they get?
Nothing.
Pretty sure Carlton got nothing for Liam Jones when we signed him. I assume he'd just be treated like any other DFA

Nothing.
Pretty sure Carlton got nothing for Liam Jones when we signed him. I assume he'd just be treated like any other DFA
The AFL agreed to classify Jones as a UFA, so Carlton received a 3rd round pick in the 2022 draft when he joined the Bulldogs (pick 49, which turned into pick 47 - Harry Lemmey).

In that instance, Jones effectively delisted himself rather than the club doing it so not sure if it's exactly comparable to the Thomas situation.

The club that signs him should be hounded for it. Memberships cancelled, strongly-worded letters, criticism from every charitable cause vaguely related, criticism from community leaders, etc.

Should be out of the league, banned from anything AFL, VFL, etc to send the message that abuse will not be tolerated. AFLW, relevant state league affiliate and anyone else with morals should not stand for his standing. Insulting to the likely victims of similar or other sexualised violence who work at the club.
Having heard the rumors that he may be coming back through the VFL, I sincerely hope my club isn't chasing him. He's proven that he's a grub who doesn't respect women and will likely never change, and any club that signs him will be effectively saying "we value success more than we value public safety".

Having heard the rumors that he may be coming back through the VFL, I sincerely hope my club isn't chasing him. He's proven that he's a grub who doesn't respect women and will likely never change, and any club that signs him will be effectively saying "we value success more than we value public safety".
Yeah. As much as the Bullants desperately need any players of his calibre if he signs with us I’m out for the season.

Yeah. As much as the Bullants desperately need any players of his calibre if he signs with us I’m out for the season.
That's very fair, and good on you for putting what's right above the club. As tempting as it would be to chase a player of that quality, I hope the club would do the right thing, as hard as it is.

I know I'd feel extremely uncomfortable if he landed at Frankston. Knowing what he's done and that he's relapsed means I couldn't celebrate any success with him while knowing he might be hurting someone when he goes home after a game. Not to mention the impact his presence might have on the women involved at the club, from supporters, volunteers, admin, and our women's playing group as well. I can't claim to speak for any of them but I wouldn't be surprised if none of them were comfortable with him being involved at the club. I just hope we're not chasing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don’t go there Brad Scott. Please. In fact please don’t go there any coach or club. It’s an awful message to send and players of much lesser talent would long be distant memories by now if they done what he had (rightfully so too).

Please don’t go there Brad Scott. Please. In fact please don’t go there any coach or club. It’s an awful message to send and players of much lesser talent would long be distant memories by now if they done what he had (rightfully so too).
Hi

They'll get him a minder & on the Geelong Gym Juice and he'll play in a flag.. while we all throw up.
If that works, then the question remains, why didn't North get him one? Can't afford it as part of soft cap because Clarkson paid so much?

If that works, then the question remains, why didn't North get him one? Can't afford it as part of soft cap because Clarkson paid so much?
If a grown man needs a minder to treat women with a respect, he's not worth it. Don't care how good he is at football. Keeping your hands to yourself is taught and expected to be followed in childcare centres.

Albanese and Federal govts "lets keep women safe" agenda really wont allow for "Hey lets give a man with violent tendencies towards women a 4th chance" at the AFL level

I think they are smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds them on this one given how desperate they are for more federal money

Absolute peace of s**t human is what I've been told.

AFL just should cut him loose and let him find his own way.

Hope he get's his s**t together for himself, his fends and family. There's more to life than footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back