TAB thread

Remove this Banner Ad

After the debacle that was Caulfield Cup Day I will only be having four bets tomorrow. All will be from the comfort of my lounge room too so they won't keep increasing as the day goes on.

My selections
Race 1 - Jill's Angel
Race 4 - Raffaello
Race 6 - Danleigh
Race 8 - Whobegotyou

Can get 3.20 for whobe at the moment, thats way over the odds i reckon. Whobe, El Segundo and Manhatten rain the tri.

Lucky Secret is flying and loves the Valley, should win too at backable odds.

Very good call scottie.

Allez Wonder is qualified.
Think Money well down on the order of entry but still a chance if she can pick up a penalty this weekend.

hahaha. At least i can pick them a year out.

too bad couldn't get near it yesterday at the tab. First two bets Raingirangdo and beaded won and then it was all downhill from there.
Smashed Whobe which was disapointing.

Hats off to Bart Cummings unbeleivable effort. How he keeps doing it is beyond me. Thats two big losses in a row (caulfield cup & coxy) on the punt for me. Hopefully the derby will change my luck.
I like hanks after its run yesterday very impressive.

Me too mate. Had a pretty big go at Whobe as well. Honestly thought it was a pretty week field and their wasn't much that could beat him. I was always worried when Ollie slotted him second from the back. You just can't win from that far back at he Valley.

Bart is an absolute freak. Would love to see him win the big three with three different horses. Reckon that he is a chance too with Roman Emperor.

As for next Saturday, I have a pretty good record at the Derby (2/3 - Efficient and Kibbutz. Did anyone get Rebel Raider last year?) however I have been burned that much over the last month that I can't see myself going hard this weekend. Derby Day is easily the best days racing and a top day out on track. Unfortunately I have exams on Tuesday (Cup Day) and Thursday (Oaks Day) and won't be attending.

Only going to give one tip for Saturday in what looks like the best race of the spring IMO. Race 4 Number 13 Paprika

COOLMORE STUD STAKES (1200 METRES)

1 PHELAN READY Jason McLachlan Brad Rawiller 13 55.5 107
2 TICKETS Peter G Moody Steven Arnold 2 55.5 99
3 SHELLSCRAPE Chris Waller Blake Shinn 5 55.5 97
4 DELAGO BOLT Gary Portelli Danny Nikolic 8 55.5 86
5 WANTED Peter G Moody Damien Oliver 14 55.5 97
6 MORE THAN GREAT David Payne Nash Rawiller 6 55.5 89
7 DEMERIT Peter Snowden Kerrin McEvoy 10 55.5 95
8 TOLLESPRIT Shane Fliedner Chris Symons 9 55.5 80
9 LOVE CONQUERS ALL Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes Steven King 4 55.5 82
10 KING PULSE Michael Moroney Mark Zahra 15 55.5 72
11 HONEST TRUTH (NZ) John P Thompson Peter Robl 7 55.5 74
12 HEADWAY Peter G Moody Luke Nolen 12 53.5 99
13 PAPRIKA Liam Birchley Corey Brown 3 53.5 95
14 IRISH LIGHTS David Hayes Dwayne Dunn 1 53.5 105
15 MARQUARDT (NZ) John P Thompson Hugh Bowman 11 53.5 78

My tips for the big race tomorrow.
1 - VIEWED
2 - ALCOPOP
3 - SHOCKING
4 - MOURILYAN

Not much value there sorry guys but this years field looks pretty thin. If I was going to chuck anything in there at odds it would be Newport. Got home pretty strongly in the McKinnon.

Other races.
R3 - Oak Heart
R4 - Ortensia
R5 - Definitely Ready
R6 - So Anyway
R8 - Sound Of Nature
R9 - Diamonds At Dusk
R10 - Huxssen

Again, a lot of favourites which is probably not the best idea with the big fields. A few will miss out on runs, but most look a class above.

I can't believe I have an exam tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Not many favourites win cup day, a lot of horses seem to get up around 20.00 that dont have great form or first up. I guess trainers really set them for a cup day race.

I had uni exams morning of cup but never during it which was lucky. Missed a couple of oaks though.

Mine is in the morning, but still it is gay. Have one on Thursday too :mad:

You are right about long shots getting up. I think the main reason is the big fields, and they always seem to find some trouble. Doubt I will be doing much betting other than the Cup tomorrow. Definitely Ready is a star but is at about 1.36 on fixed odds. Not enough value.

On the whole pretty shit days racing. Isn't much stronger than a mid-week city meet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread needs more Francesca.

I am on Money Angel in the Oaks. Got on at $61 yesterday. Into $17 now on the tote.

Less Jen more Franscesca thanks. Where is Miranda too?

Another one for Dato. He would have to be the most successful owner ever.

He has won most melbourne cups on 4, equal with some guy in the late 1800's i think. Also in last 10 odd years, caulfield gunieas, cox plate, caulfield cup and oaks, I dont remember him winning a derby but has one all the other big races in melbourne.

I think Channel 7 paid Francesca some good $$$ to come out this year, money well spent.

I think Channel 7 paid Francesca some good $$$ to come out this year, money well spent.

Spot on bevan. x10

I am also a massive Bruce fan too. Just love the random statistics he bops up with. Before Francesca was saying stayers didn't make good brood mares and Bruce just bobs up and gives a stat about how no Melbourne cup winner has foaled a Melbourne Cup winner. Interesting stat I thought. Would hate to think how much useless information the man has floating around in his head.

Don't mind Simon Marshall either. He is a bit of a goose but is pretty good fun. Freedman is okay too, has some good inside knowledge.

Very good panel from Channel 7 I reckon. Needs less Johanna Griggs though.

Griggs looks like a horse, she is terrible.

Marshall is funny and knows his stuff. Freedmans are all arrogant but richard is entertaining, Emma goes alright too. Bruce knows every stat about everything, he used to call races too so must have a lot of racing knowledge. Much better than channel 10 when it used to have that Tim Bailey clown on it.

Francesca is just amazing, so hot and knows so much about racing.

You still watching leo? This is good listening to what is going on in the stewards room. LOL at the steward telling the owner of the winner that he wasn't there to argue with him when he was labouring his point.

Going to put a toorak tenner on Soderling to beat Federer in French Open Quarter Final.

Currently paying $4.20, is in ripping form and made the final here last year. Get on board!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back