SYDNEY AFL...2013

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the culture DB.

I play in the 4th Div team and literally everyone gets along with everyone. All the way from Ty down to a pleb footy player like myself. A lot of the boys went to the same school or knew each other from other mates (everyone on the Northern beaches knows each other through a mate of a mate or whatever)

You throw in a good coach with the right admin supporting us and "ya gonna have a good time" Scary thing is, the majority of them are 25 or under.

Everyone just gets around each other. Good place to play footy.

It's the culture DB.

I play in the 4th Div team and literally everyone gets along with everyone. All the way from Ty down to a pleb footy player like myself. A lot of the boys went to the same school or knew each other from other mates (everyone on the Northern beaches knows each other through a mate of a mate or whatever)

You throw in a good coach with the right admin supporting us and "ya gonna have a good time" Scary thing is, the majority of them are 25 or under.

Everyone just gets around each other. Good place to play footy.
Yeah.
QUite scary.
Levi, Ecca and Robbo all would be 23-25
Tyrone Armitage would be 24-26
James would be 21-23

That's one hell of a strong young foundation set up. ANd those 5 are the only I know of (played with all but Tyrone)

btw - Do you know what Lauchlan Pryor is up to?

I know he joined Levi/Ecca/Robbo/(Longy too) when they left Forrest and joined North Shore Longy went west last time I heard (08ish) but the other 4 stayed with North Shore, and I think Lauchie was still at North Shore when the rest went up to Manly. But what is he doing now if you know? I haven't seen him in any North Shore or Manly team sheets, and I doubt he'd go anywhere else in Sydney unless there were work reasons.

Also, Scott Reed?
05 Forrest
06-08 Penno
09-recently? Collingwood
But I think he left Collingwood in the last 2 or so seasons. Is he back in Sydney anywhere or is he central coast/Melbourne?

You know, if I moved back to Sydney, I'd be tossing up Penno/Manly to go play with.
Penno was the first senior club I stepped into, so feel I should give them a go.
But that 05 season under Leigh was probably my favourite season in all my time playing, and if he's replicated that atmosphere at Manly, I know I'd love it there.

Didn't they take half of north shore last year?

A few guys were picked up from North Shore a few years ago. Mind you, more guys have gone to North Shore than have come to us over the journey. It was fun to hear that we pumped them over the weekend. We really really really do not like them that much and that's why a few boys came over to us.

A few guys were picked up from North Shore a few years ago. Mind you, more guys have gone to North Shore than have come to us over the journey. It was fun to hear that we pumped them over the weekend. We really really really do not like them that much and that's why a few boys came over to us.
Were there any besides Leigh's old junior side?

Talking about North Shore.
What happened to the 2007 North Shore Wildcats u18s team?

That was the Willoughby junior side who dominated everyone.
Were allowed to stay together in the Senior team and still maintain the juniors nickname being North Shore's 2nd 18s side.
2006 they were middle of the road (all as underaged u17s players) then went undefeated in 07 (although, were given one hell of a fright in the GF when Penno were up for most of the day)

But since then, I don't know what happened with that team.
Did they stay at North Shore or have they split and gone different ways?

Sc
Yeah.
QUite scary.
Levi, Ecca and Robbo all would be 23-25
Tyrone Armitage would be 24-26
James would be 21-23

That's one hell of a strong young foundation set up. ANd those 5 are the only I know of (played with all but Tyrone)

btw - Do you know what Lauchlan Pryor is up to?

I know he joined Levi/Ecca/Robbo/(Longy too) when they left Forrest and joined North Shore Longy went west last time I heard (08ish) but the other 4 stayed with North Shore, and I think Lauchie was still at North Shore when the rest went up to Manly. But what is he doing now if you know? I haven't seen him in any North Shore or Manly team sheets, and I doubt he'd go anywhere else in Sydney unless there were work reasons.

Also, Scott Reed?
05 Forrest
06-08 Penno
09-recently? Collingwood
But I think he left Collingwood in the last 2 or so seasons. Is he back in Sydney anywhere or is he central coast/Melbourne?

Scott is playing for Sydney hills(east coast) in the NEAFL

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone could give me some information about the Randwick city Saints? What's the strength of Div 3 and 4 like? Cheers

Hi SC,
Div 3 and Div 4 are very variable. In Clubs where these are the senior teams they often have a couple of players who are much better than the rest of the competition, they also have some skilled but weight challenged players running around. Generally speaking the competition is played in good spirits by blokes who like the game but for one reason or another are not at higher levels (eg work may keep them from training or ability and ambition are not aligned).

Generally it will be Club appointed umpires, so that can be variable. Save those general comments I do not know much about the Saints, but have not heard anything adverse (which is often a good sign).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2012-14 TAFL Premiers - New England Nomads of Armidale are hosting:

UNE Tablelands Cup

Saturday 28th March 2015

$1500 prize money

Limited places available

A great opportunity to get away with the team and play some decent footy against different clubs

Please read the formal invitation (attached below)

www.newenglandnomads.net

Attachments

• Invitation TC 2015.pdf
    129.6 KB · Views: 147
Just moved to Cronulla from melbourne, thinking of having a run around next year what teams would be best?

I work in the city as well so south or near city works for me
Southern Power play out that way. What level are you looking at playing,

Southern Power play out that way. What level are you looking at playing,

Nothing too serious I've been injured a bit the last few years and when playing have played reserves in a decentish comp in Melbourne.

Just looking for a way to keep fit and make some mates up thus way

Nothing too serious I've been injured a bit the last few years and when playing have played reserves in a decentish comp in Melbourne.

Just looking for a way to keep fit and make some mates up thus way
I moved from country vic last year and have been playing with the randwick saints. Really good way to meet people. I know the power have a div 4 and 1 side. Not sure about the others. The Sydney afl website will have team details and contact lists there. Hope that helps a little

I moved from country vic last year and have been playing with the randwick saints. Really good way to meet people. I know the power have a div 4 and 1 side. Not sure about the others. The Sydney afl website will have team details and contact lists there. Hope that helps a little

Yeah more than helpful. Thnx I will check the site out, enjoying my time in Sydney so far :)

Come to st george. I live in Cronulla and it's about a 20 min drive. Have teams in prems and div 1, heaps better facilities and ground. Better blokes too.

Reserve-Grade-Coach.png

The Queanbeyan Tigers (in the AFL Canberra competition) are calling for applications for a new Reserve Grade coach for 2017.
For details see: http://bit.ly/2h6iJHz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back