SYDNEY AFL...2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see UNSW winning again at all, they were easily a 1 man team last year, and he is now gone
Any thoughts on who might take home the silverware this year ?
Penno ? Dragons ? North Shore ?

I reckon we can expect improvement out of Baulko, SydUni, UTS, but not enough to challenge for a flag.
There's only four left...Wollongong, Balmain, Wests and Campbelltown and I expect them all to be middling or lower

if UTS could build some team chemistry instead of getting new bunch of SA/WA Amateur recruits they might have a chance, but yeah thinking maybe Penno or North Shore could win

An interesting article on the SFL website today, summing up each PD team as at the start of the season...well researched, detailed, worth a read. Well done to the writer !

As well, the traditional season opening welcome from Tom Harley GM. Sort of puts us in our place about the status of the SFL in the big picture....down there with Auskick somewhere.
The focus is on creating pathways for the elite, and generally supporting the Swans and Giants - we get a bit pumped up sometimes about how important grassroots footy is here but it still stings a bit to be reminded of how lowly we really are.
I guess that deep down we knew it anyway.

saints 1sts not the best start although played the tough teams and had a good win on the weekend. 2nds 4 from 4 but looks like have played some of the weaker teams. i def wont be getting a run when im back in 2 months.

having just moved to nsw and setting up camp at Sydney Uni FC, got to say i've been pleasantly surprised by the participation and enthusiasm for the game here. from all accounts it's growing strongly as well.
Having said that i'm pretty disappointed with the lack of forum banter... is there a more exciting forum somewhere else?
on the Students, very strong in the lower grades so far suggesting they should go deep into the finals with a number of teams. bit of a jump to the prems obviously, but having already matched last year's win tally the improvement is clearly there.

having just moved to nsw and setting up camp at Sydney Uni FC, got to say i've been pleasantly surprised by the participation and enthusiasm for the game here. from all accounts it's growing strongly as well.
Having said that i'm pretty disappointed with the lack of forum banter... is there a more exciting forum somewhere else?
on the Students, very strong in the lower grades so far suggesting they should go deep into the finals with a number of teams. bit of a jump to the prems obviously, but having already matched last year's win tally the improvement is clearly there.
Welcome to our forum. Good to hear that Syd Uni has a good vibe going, and hope you enjoy your time there.
I know that plenty of us have a look here from time to time but, as you say, there isn't too much buzzzzzzz.
Perhaps you will be the one to arc us all up.

Welcome to our forum. Good to hear that Syd Uni has a good vibe going, and hope you enjoy your time there.
I know that plenty of us have a look here from time to time but, as you say, there isn't too much buzzzzzzz.
Perhaps you will be the one to arc us all up.
can only report on what i see, and what i saw was a solid weekend of results for the students.
with a fair portion of players out of the prems they surprised me by getting up in wollongong, and also showed plenty of depth from the div 2 side. i think a few tougher games are upcoming though, which is a chance to really test themselves out.
the lower teams dealt with the upset team make ups well to win all but the div 5 match.
and to top it all off our neafl team popped their 2013 cherry whilst i witnessed a glorious obliteration down at skoda stadium.
awesome.

can only report on what i see, and what i saw was a solid weekend of results for the students.
with a fair portion of players out of the prems they surprised me by getting up in wollongong, and also showed plenty of depth from the div 2 side. i think a few tougher games are upcoming though, which is a chance to really test themselves out.
the lower teams dealt with the upset team make ups well to win all but the div 5 match.
and to top it all off our neafl team popped their 2013 cherry whilst i witnessed a glorious obliteration down at skoda stadium.
awesome.
The Uni seems to be having trouble getting team sheets that match who turns out on the park (from NEAFL Level down), so we all expected it was because they have a lot of no-shows each week.

Tyrion, what ever happened to Taggart who was supposed to be the star signing in the off season ? As far as I can tell, he hasn't played a game yet.

The Uni seems to be having trouble getting team sheets that match who turns out on the park (from NEAFL Level down), so we all expected it was because they have a lot of no-shows each week.

Tyrion, what ever happened to Taggart who was supposed to be the star signing in the off season ? As far as I can tell, he hasn't played a game yet.
i assume that the team sheets have been accurate for the team that actually takes the field though? i haven't heard anything suggesting otherwise. with 6 teams to fill, the inevitable late pull outs that can occur lead to a domino effect of team adjustment.
to be honest i haven't got any idea who taggart is...

i assume that the team sheets have been accurate for the team that actually takes the field though? i haven't heard anything suggesting otherwise. with 6 teams to fill, the inevitable late pull outs that can occur lead to a domino effect of team adjustment.
to be honest i haven't got any idea who taggart is...
hahah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dragons officially open the clubhouse at olds tomorrow, meant to be a big day. On another note, apparently that johny ruffo guy is playing with us now. Atleast we have a chance of getting girls to dragons disco now.

Whats the story with Manly? Seems like most of their wins against the top sides have come in rain affected games.

Massive turn around for saints since I started playing a 2.5 years ago. Addition of Terry Mudge has made us heaps more professional. Our first grade was pretty s**t, my first year of ressies we won 4 games in div 2 and 18s similar.

Now all teams havent lost a game this month, 1sts look like a title threat, ressies promoted and in 3rd in div 1 (although tough draw on way home) and 18s the same.

To make it even better, 12 of the 1sts today are under 23 I'd say the average age would be around that, heaps of 19 and 20 year olds and of the boys who are over 23, most are still 24-26. Looking good for the future.

anyone know the story of balmain walking off the field mid match v wests? rumour floating around it was in protest at the mismanagement of the club and obviously something has gone wrong if the club has gone from premier finalists to third last...

i don't think ive ever heard of a team walking off mid match. incredible.

One of the guys in my reserves team said - 12 walked off in a protest against management, apparently not being paid?

One of the guys in my reserves team said - 12 walked off in a protest against management, apparently not being paid?

i have been told by numerous people that there are plenty of players who have been unpaid over the last couple of years there but it has to go deeper than that to walk off mid game... which i think is even a further step beyond refusing to play.

(b)Contracted players /Coaches have not been paid.

from page 3 of that thread.

Mate that is not the reason - that has been going of for years at a large amount of PD clubs - That was merely listed as one of many of their gripes - Do some research and read the administrators report - I wont be surprised if investigations into this now go far beyond the AFL's scope. There as millions of dollars at play here and reading that report opens a massive can of worms.

Mate that is not the reason - that has been going of for years at a large amount of PD clubs - That was merely listed as one of many of their gripes - Do some research and read the administrators report - I wont be surprised if investigations into this now go far beyond the AFL's scope. There as millions of dollars at play here and reading that report opens a massive can of worms.

I can't believe players would walk off cause they haven't been paid. I play for the mighty Wolves in Div 4 and none of our PD players get paid and yet we're looking likely to make the grand final Fingers,toes are crossed.

Go Wolves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back