Rumour Switta

Remove this Banner Ad

We are active in the market for returning WA players.
s**t, we got Sharp for chips, Jackson for a bit more.
We can't complain
Just saying the revolving door for vic recruits isn’t really accurate, Ryan, Darcy still here as the start of our rebuild, Young, Serong, Brayshaw still here. We’ve only really lost Cerra and Schultz as B22 players from Victoria recently, Logue and Henry are more WA players we’ve lost.

Just saying the revolving door for vic recruits isn’t really accurate, Ryan, Darcy still here as the start of our rebuild, Young, Serong, Brayshaw still here. We’ve only really lost Cerra and Schultz as B22 players from Victoria recently, Logue and Henry are more WA players we’ve lost.

It’s looking like Cerra and Schultz will turn out to be advantageous trades. I’d take Amiss over 2 Cerra’s.

I like Switta, but if a 30 goal small forward fell in our lap I’d help him pack and drive him to the airport. We need goals. And I feel like the defensive stuff could be done by anyone with some pace and stamina.

Best season 16 goals in a side which doesn’t score enough..

If he stays good, but I can see upside if we could find a goal scorer.

It was a throwaway comment on the purple reign podcast one day. Might have been the brisbane game.
They are in the rooms after the games and it sounded like they heard it somewhere there.
Yeah throwaway comment- rumor is they actually didnt get along

I like Switta, but if a 30 goal small forward fell in our lap I’d help him pack and drive him to the airport. We need goals. And I feel like the defensive stuff could be done by anyone with some pace and stamina.

Best season 16 goals in a side which doesn’t score enough..

If he stays good, but I can see upside if we could find a goal scorer.
still feel the same after the weekend?

I'm still worried about the possibility of him leaving being true, just as I have fallen in love with him again - he was amazing

I'm still worried about the possibility of him leaving being true, just as I have fallen in love with him again - he was amazing
I certainly do. He was great on the weekend but that is one game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Switkowski on song is a very creative component of our forward play. The equation isn't as simple as how many goals he kicks.

Getting Simpson up to AFL standard and into our forward mix pretty much completes us;

Jackson - Amiss - Sturt/Banfield/Voss/Emmett
Frederick - Treacy - Switkowski/Simpson/Walters

Baker or Bolton would be upgrade on Switta, he just doesn’t score enough
Switta actually scores more than Baker over his career. Baker is having a career best year this year, which could result in him having a poor year next year. Essentially we would be paying maximum price for him. I would only trade Baker in for a 2nd rounder max, he is flakey af over his career imo.

I mean if we had a small forward who kicked goals do we get over Carlton, Port and the Pies?

He played well, but he’s been ok this year and playing well in a 94 point thumping is good but it isn’t a game changer.

I think when he blind sides oppo mids at stoppages that is really valuable, but we need goals.

If Sonny and Sturt start kicking 1-2 goals each per week it probably means it isn’t as important for Switta to hit the scoreboard.

I mean if we had a small forward who kicked goals do we get over Carlton, Port and the Pies?

He played well, but he’s been ok this year and playing well in a 94 point thumping is good but it isn’t a game changer.

I think when he blind sides oppo mids at stoppages that is really valuable, but we need goals.

If Sonny and Sturt start kicking 1-2 goals each per week it probably means it isn’t as important for Switta to hit the scoreboard.
The board always gets too ahead of themselves on big wins

Switta actually scores more than Baker over his career. Baker is having a career best year this year, which could result in him having a poor year next year. Essentially we would be paying maximum price for him. I would only trade Baker in for a 2nd rounder max, he is flakey af over his career imo.

Switkowski who plays ahead of the ball most of his career compared to Baker who plays behind the ball for most of his career.

Career stats:
SwittaBaker.png

Looks to me like what we want is more Switta involvements.
Baker is more consistent than Switta in the same role, if Switta has a great back end of the year (continues his form from the Alice game) they could become quite comparable. Given Switta is still contracted for 2 years and Baker is OOC, I’d suggest their trade value should be pretty close.

There're not comparable even this year as Baker has been playing onball for about 6 weeks now, and when Baker was forward Switta was in poor form then injured then coming back from injury.

Anyway I'd like if Switta kicked say 0.8 goals a game rather than 0.6 but what he really needs is to win more footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back