Rumour Switta

Remove this Banner Ad

Sumwun

Senior List
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Heard from a source who has been 100% correct in the past that Sam wants to return to Victoria despite being contracted through to 2026. Don't know the reasons why, but despite the great debuts from Voss and Simpson, Switta is not someone we can afford to let go lightly.

That's some good Bailey Smith currency if true.

I think unless it is a great deal for us we move on. We can explore for Sam but under contract it has to be massively in our favour otherwise he stays under contract and we can look again end of 2025. Personally a further year to develop some younger talent would be preferable. Another 12months Switta still under contract and we may be better positioned to manage his loss.

Cooper looks like he could take that role from next year and then we could keep Sturt as well if he remains fit for the rest of the year and puts some good games together in either the Wafl or for Freo. If it is in our benefit, it wouldn't be the end of the world. He always looks one game away from injury. It will just be how it is blown up by the media that is the big issue

Didn’t he sign like 1 year extension or something like that recently?
Thought it a bit odd but I’ll guess we’ll find out something towards end of year if there’s any basis to it

Regardless I’d be keeping him to his contract.
So over these players signing mid -long term contracts only to change their mind 12-24 months later

Didn’t he sign like 1 year extension or something like that recently?
Thought it a bit odd but I’ll guess we’ll find out something towards end of year if there’s any basis to it

Regardless I’d be keeping him to his contract.
So over these players signing mid -long term contracts only to change their mind 12-24 months later
Signed a two year extension less than a year ago.

You sure it was 2 ?, thought it was just the one but he was already contracted till 25?
"Fremantle have locked Sam Switkowski in for the long term, with the forward signing a contract extension through to the 2026 season.

The extension is on top of the deal Switkowski signed last year until 2024, adding an extra two years onto his current contract."

https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/1357402/switta-in-for-the-long-term

contracted until end of this year and then added an extra two years to it. if he wants out then I'd tell him too bad, wait another year at least.

It’s his speed and agility we’d miss.
Would definitely need a like for like replacement.
We’ve seen what happens when both him and Freddy our out of our team
🤢

With the way we transition the ball we need as many fast players up front as possible and that’s with him in the team atm
That said if true ,wonder if he could be used in a trade for baker so as not to give up one of our firsts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooper looks like he could take that role from next year and then we could keep Sturt as well if he remains fit for the rest of the year and puts some good games together in either the Wafl or for Freo. If it is in our benefit, it wouldn't be the end of the world. He always looks one game away from injury. It will just be how it is blown up by the media that is the big issue
I don’t want Sturt thanks

Out Switta
In Baker

Almost straight swap of picks , Baker slightly higher

Win win
Switta always injured anyway
Baker is a hard nut

Well i do thanks, depending on how the rest of the season goes.
I reckon there are 100 kids out there right now who would offer more
Delist , give someone else a go , he’s had plenty of time .
The writing is on the wall

Heard from a source who has been 100% correct in the past that Sam wants to return to Victoria despite being contracted through to 2026. Don't know the reasons why, but despite the great debuts from Voss and Simpson, Switta is not someone we can afford to let go lightly.
With 2 years left on a contract that is the perfect time to let the club know. A great trade in out favour, or do it all again in another year. And great motivation to maintain the standard too.

Pretty happy with the Schultz trade as it stands by the way. We don't lack small forwards, we lack top line small forwards.

If that’s the case do you play him and clubs see him constantly break down or do we play Simpson.

Reckon Simpson offers just as much and if he doesn’t yet..won’t take him long.

With Simpson, potentially Baker next year and the likes of Delean in the magoos. Maybe he thinks it’s best he slips into North/Hawks etc

Sad to see another player wishing to leave

We must let him go as keeping someone ağainst their wishes will not lead to best performance

Also sadly Freo are not reknown for good trades so let’s hope the trade department ensure we get a suitable replacement

I reckon there are 100 kids out there right now who would offer more
Delist , give someone else a go , he’s had plenty of time .
The writing is on the wall
I'm not sure any reasonable person was thinking that late last season . If he gets back to that I would rather keep. I do expect we will try and bring in a less talented but more consistent replacement though.

Sad to see another player wishing to leave

We must let him go as keeping someone ağainst their wishes will not lead to best performance

Also sadly Freo are not reknown for good trades so let’s hope the trade department ensure we get a suitable replacement
If players are contracted we're generally pretty good at extracting value. Hogan's the only really s**t one and he was a dump in any case.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back