FTA-TV Succession

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve just got Binge.
I suppose I should start this and see if it lives up to the hype.
Although I’m wary, as I’m not into the full on drama thing and was a bit underwhelmed by Sopranos when I finally got to it. (Don’t shoot me!).
For context Breaking Bad is my favorite of all time, but love BCS, Deadwood, UK stuff, Severence, so my tastes are quite varied.
I liked Succession, but definitely felt it was overhyped.

I’ve just got Binge.
I suppose I should start this and see if it lives up to the hype.
Although I’m wary, as I’m not into the full on drama thing and was a bit underwhelmed by Sopranos when I finally got to it. (Don’t shoot me!).
For context Breaking Bad is my favorite of all time, but love BCS, Deadwood, UK stuff, Severence, so my tastes are quite varied.

Like Breaking Bad , season 1 is a bit of a slow burn.

Last edited:
He also wanted to buy a bunch of local TV networks at a time when there was a digital shift towards online streaming which Ken picked up on and challenged but Logan stubbornly stuck with.
I’ll also add wanted to sign over the family trust to Marcia who next minute was shopping in Milan forever while he hitched himself to his new play thing.

Missed his sons wedding to sell his company to a Swedish fraud.

Fired Frank for shits and giggles.

Binged the series.

The last episode. Felt it was silly.
So Shiv after all is just a woman who’s jealous/envious of her brothers because she’s a female?
No previous experience in corporate world, 3rd eldest in family.

Didn’t make sense to an otherwise addictive series.

I’ll also add wanted to sign over the family trust to Marcia who next minute was shopping in Milan forever while he hitched himself to his new play thing.

Missed his sons wedding to sell his company to a Swedish fraud.

Fired Frank for shits and giggles.
The introduction/continuation of Kerry character. No idea what she was in it for or what’s the reason she stuck around.

Back in the news with the inspiration retiring in RL.
I do wonder how many the news reporters actually watched Succession though.
Logan/Rupert are pretty irrelevant in a world controlled by big tech.

Back in the news with the inspiration retiring in RL.
I do wonder how many the news reporters actually watched Succession though.
Logan/Rupert are pretty irrelevant in a world controlled by big tech.
Same. Very amusing.
Rupert, if in the show, would actually die, have a contingency plan and never let any of his kids become CEO.
Not even close to the series.

But good on Rupert. Traditional/cable media is dead, which Logan never admitted. Perfect time to check out.

A near unparalleled final season run. Hard to name many, especially if it nails the finale, that come close.

Ewan's eulogy was breathtaking in where he took it. Cromwell coming in cold, and delivering it...that's a ******* actor.

Roman's breakdown and losing the one hand he had on the throne (that he took by being a campaigner).

Kendall, saying that he hoped he had what Logan had in his eulogy, and then effectively delivering on that promise. Maybe he wins the Lukas/Shiv war maybe he doesn't, but for the moment he's managed to harness the dogs that will do his bidding, including Roman, and just like his father. But at what cost?

It's a logical conclusion to the show, but I'm still expecting the finale to surprise me. I hope it does.
Yep, finally finished Season 4 tonight ... truly masterful TV right from the very first episode, culminating in what is perhaps the best season of telly I've ever seen. S4 of Succession certainly rivalling S1 of True Detective, which is the ultimate compliment.

Most TV shows that start really well tend to drop off as their initial premise tires or they get lost in their own unnecessary complexity - some dreadfully so, such as Westworld and Dexter.

Others, such as Better Call Saul and Ray Donovan, start with a bit of a slow burn, but keep getting better until they turn into brilliance.

And then there's those extremely rare shows - such as Succession, Breaking Bad and Sopranos - which start brilliantly but somehow still find even greater gears as they progress.

How do we think it ends? Do they all get ****ed in the deal and end with nothing?

My colleauge thinks the American CEO will be Tom or Greg - someone Maatsen can control, unlike Shiv.
Your colleague pretty much nailed. Kudos.

I’m on to the last 5 episodes of this show, glad I finally got around to watching it. Surprised the series didn’t continue on beyond this, but it kept you on your toes the whole way through and the writing was great - really different to anything else out there. The Greg and Tom dynamic was absolute gold and I got more into Roman as the series went on.

Just finished it.

Funny at times and some well drawn characters and inter relationships between them. Interesting commentary on politics and media too.

Plot was a bit meh though and way too capricious. It did 180s all the the time with no good explaination, they just needed to create a new crisis.

omg Buy, sell, don't buy, don't sell., who gives a **** anymore.

I liked it and it had some great scenes, but yeah, probably a bit overrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished S1 after 3 years of false starts

Loving it

The car in the creek scene…woah…Ted Kennedy must be spinning in his grave
It really is a great fun show to watch, and the writing
at the micro level is excellent - so many funny and witty lines, and really well drawn characters. I totally agree with Seeds regarding the plot itself going nowhere or being very capricious though. But I think upon a second viewing, I'll know not to invest too much in outcomes and just enjoy the ride.

It's interesting with the success of Succession and eating up all the awards and comparing it to Better Call Saul who achieved 0 wins. Whereas Succession may be the better show would it be considered a timeless show? I just feel as if it's a one-time watch sort of show and BCS is the opposite.

It's interesting with the success of Succession and eating up all the awards and comparing it to Better Call Saul who achieved 0 wins. Whereas Succession may be the better show would it be considered a timeless show? I just feel as if it's a one-time watch sort of show and BCS is the opposite.

I think the opposite, Succession is far more timeless and open to re-watches because each episode is a bit self-contained.

BCS is part of a bigger universe and is a bit more reliant on cliffhangers and suspense.

I think the opposite, Succession is far more timeless and open to re-watches because each episode is a bit self-contained.

BCS is part of a bigger universe and is a bit more reliant on cliffhangers and suspense.
Bit like the Brownlow......some of the GOATS of our game don't have one.

BCS doesn't need awards for the show to get the recognition its deserves. The people that have watched it know how good it is.

Bit like the Brownlow......some of the GOATS of our game don't have one.

BCS doesn't need awards for the show to get the recognition its deserves. The people that have watched it know how good it is.

Did you mean to quote me?

They’re pretty disgusting lot so far; it’s like watching Train Crashes every 10 minutes

Greg the Egg is a laugh; trying so hard
The interplay between Greg and Tom throughout the series is outrageous 🤣

I've watched it all twice already - there's no doubt I'll go back again in about ten years, like I have for BB and Sopranos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back