Discussion Strange or Interesting AFL Photos

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I've got a Mooney from the 2011 grand final, I'm absolutely certain it's legit and I'm also pretty certain he wasn't even an emergency.

I got it on eBay back in the day and it was an auction with one signed by Mooney and separate auction for one signed by the whole team, where the photos had Mooney holding them up and so on.

This one popped up in article about Lauren Young who’s just been signed to the Port women’s team.
IMG_9995.jpeg
Obviously she’s playing for a Port NGA team, but the combination of the 2015-17 preseason design with the club logo we’ve had since 2020 is what’s interesting to me. It’s coupled with a layout you’d expect to see on a men’s design rather than what the AFLW clubs wear which makes it even more interesting because ISC hadn’t used that template for AFL men’s footy for some time when we brought in that logo. Would love to get my hands on one of these jumpers that’s for sure.

This caught my eye when I was scrolling through Tatong's FB page while checking out its history as one of the only defunct country football clubs of the last ten years. An Adidas logo on a local footy jumper immediately jumped out at me.

This is the now defunct Tatong Football Club in 2009 wearing what can only appear to be prototype Collingwood guernseys from approximately 2006. They are emblazoned with embroidered VCFL and WorkSafe logos crudely patched over the AFL and Fly Emirates logos, although the Adidas sponsor remains.

My guess as to what happened here is that Adidas, using their new template for 2006 that was made up of two separate rounded sections, made its first attempt at a Collingwood guernsey and completely botched the alignment of the sleeves in the production process. Rather than nuke the guernseys, they may have offered them to a Victorian-based club who also wore black and white and were called the Magpies.

The timelines on this are the most interesting thing though, because this template stopped being used after the 2008 season and Collingwood switched to the 'bib' for 2009. Perhaps they were sent from Adidas to Tatong at the end of 2008?

Tatong 2009.jpg

Two final tidbits to add to this story. In 2008, the year prior to this photo being taken, Tatong actually wore the famed swooping magpie, where they won the reserves premiership in the below photo.

Tatong 2008.jpg

One year after what seems like Adidas' gift, Tatong moved to the Ovens & King Football League after the closure of the Benalla & District Football League, and in doing so decided to add teal to their colour scheme. The Magpies wore a unique teal-based swooping magpie jumper with a white-based bottom front half rather than the black-based version of the original.

Tatong 2010s.jpg

Two final tidbits to add to this story. In 2008, the year prior to this photo being taken, Tatong actually wore the famed swooping magpie, where they won the reserves premiership in the below photo.
And those swoop jumpers are a combination of Adidas and it looks like Sekem.

This caught my eye when I was scrolling through Tatong's FB page while checking out its history as one of the only defunct country football clubs of the last ten years. An Adidas logo on a local footy jumper immediately jumped out at me.

This is the now defunct Tatong Football Club in 2009 wearing what can only appear to be prototype Collingwood guernseys from approximately 2006. They are emblazoned with embroidered VCFL and WorkSafe logos crudely patched over the AFL and Fly Emirates logos, although the Adidas sponsor remains.

My guess as to what happened here is that Adidas, using their new template for 2006 that was made up of two separate rounded sections, made its first attempt at a Collingwood guernsey and completely botched the alignment of the sleeves in the production process. Rather than nuke the guernseys, they may have offered them to a Victorian-based club who also wore black and white and were called the Magpies.

The timelines on this are the most interesting thing though, because this template stopped being used after the 2008 season and Collingwood switched to the 'bib' for 2009. Perhaps they were sent from Adidas to Tatong at the end of 2008?

One year after what seems like Adidas' gift, Tatong moved to the Ovens & King Football League after the closure of the Benalla & District Football League, and in doing so decided to add teal to their colour scheme. The Magpies wore a unique teal-based swooping magpie jumper with a white-based bottom front half rather than the black-based version of the original.

All those butchered long sleeved :cry::cry::cry:

They don't look like prototypes, rather, longys converted to sleeveless jumpers.

View attachment 1861812

View attachment 1861820

View attachment 1861823

love it

Ginni wearing a Nike headband at a club who has ISC as their apparel partner. I give it a day before it gets the flick.

Skechers have bought that apparel provider space. Not sure how much ISC would really care.

Also, players wear different boots so I don't see it being too much a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look ma, no eyes

afl-rd-7-carlton-v-essendon.jpg

A plain wooden spoon sold at a bullshit price because it commemorates a premiership...
I think a lot of merchandise is for suckers because 95% of the cost is the licensing
That wooden spoon is the proof

A plain wooden spoon sold at a bullshit price because it commemorates a premiership...
I think a lot of merchandise is for suckers because 95% of the cost is the licensing
That wooden spoon is the proof
it has premiership text and logo on it and you can use it to flex and have a nice chacutery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back