Multiplat Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Remove this Banner Ad

More and more people saying the combat is still pretty unrefined which is a shame.

Still keen to pick this up after the issues are addressed.

I guess an overwhelming majority is still a percentage. This is some of the most disingenuous and condescending poo I've ever read. At absolutely no point whenever some QA or dev hits the "play" button to level test from inside UE does this get missed. They were aware and made an obvious and conscious decision to release it anyway because the sales will still outweigh the negative feedback.

swjored.png

Put the disc in last night to install on my XboxSX in standby mode.

My face when it did not do that and I still have 100GB to download on my 50Mbps connection. I swear to god I have standby installation enabled. Only 6 hours to go... :(

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

I guess an overwhelming majority is still a percentage. This is some of the most disingenuous and condescending poo I've ever read. At absolutely no point whenever some QA or dev hits the "play" button to level test from inside UE does this get missed. They were aware and made an obvious and conscious decision to release it anyway because the sales will still outweigh the negative feedback.

View attachment 1673292

"We understand that some PC users are having issues due to us having NFI how to optimise anything. We will be working on rectifying, our bad!"

Easy statement fix. Imagine being all "just get all new hardware" as a response as if everyone has your own disposable income for such, just wow, way to make your consumer feel like trash for buying your half working product.

It has taken me a while to figure out that fast travel means fast travel lol. I was spending 20 minutes at a time going from Point A to Multiple Point B at multiple locations. Until I realised that I could fast travel to a location next to where I need to go and it took me a couple of minutes rather than trying to run the entire distance. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We understand that some PC users are having issues due to us having NFI how to optimise anything. We will be working on rectifying, our bad!"

Easy statement fix. Imagine being all "just get all new hardware" as a response as if everyone has your own disposable income for such, just wow, way to make your consumer feel like trash for buying your half working product.

I love the buzz words like "cutting edge multithreaded chipsets". Chipsets utilising CPU, SATA and PCIe lanes have been a thing since the earliest versions of UE4 so it's not a problem with Unreal Engine out of the box. They've tinkered with something possibly to make it an AMD sponsored title.

I think we're starting to get to the bottom of it though:

Some common denominators are low CPU utilisation. I have a 5900x which is 12c/24t and I think I only ever saw my CPU max somewhere in the 30% area but that was my entire system. Those with less cores are seeing slightly more but it seems like it isn't multithreading properly. Eg, if you only had 2 cores and it only used one then the CPU load would only be 50%. The next clue is those with something like the Ryzen 5800X3D with increased L3 cache or Intel CPUs with E and P cores are seeing improved performance. It's the same with those who have enabled NVIDIA ReBAR. The GPU loads are so low even with cranked settings because it seems like the CPU can't get the info to the GPU fast enough which is why those with ReBAR enabled and those mentioned CPUs are seeing better performance because that will directly address this issue and because it isn't multithreading properly. At high settings we're supposed to be seeing the GPU hit or get close to 100% load before any CPU bottleneck.

Also it doesn't look like the graphics menu actually works properly lol. I was playing around with the settings .ini file and noticed that if I manually changed it then loaded the game it would change to some default settings (which look like "epic"), then the in game graphics options aren't actually applying. I can manually tweak the settings in the .ini and set it to read only but the game still default boots to "epic". Only the ray tracing and FSR options appear to be configurable but FSR is actually completely busted too because "quality" is the only setting that works. Even setting it to "disabled" then checking the game config it still sets it to 50% scaling lol.

I've seen horribly optimised ports but this is actually completely broken. Absolutely no way the QAs missed this, it's more that somebody has decided it doesn't matter and to release it anyway. I love PC gaming, it's an enthusiast thing, but it's getting harder and harder with these endless shitty ports.

Isn't it also completely dismissing the reported console issues? Granted they don't seem to be on the same scale.

I admittedly haven't followed the console issues as closely but those are sounding like they're more about optimisation. The main PS5 complaint I keep seeing is the broken HDR. Interestingly that's the only thing that has worked flawlessly for me and I don't see complaints about from PC lol.

Could be a 10/10...I'm on the XSX, sorry to pc players. It's awesome so far, loving the customization.

The lightsaber colours are still not right though. In particular green & purple are not dark & vibrant enough.

Great content from IGN for a change, yet couldn't factor this into their review score? What an intro to "next gen" only titles that can only played at a reduced resolution and 30fps. The issues afflicting PC are also relevant to Series X and PS5 due to CPU bottleneck. Why I don't know as this isn't typical UE behaviour.

If one good thing will come from the inevitable end to physical games it will much less preordering and enabling of this practice.

Great content from IGN for a change, yet couldn't factor this into their review score? What an intro to "next gen" only titles that can only played at a reduced resolution and 30fps. The issues afflicting PC are also relevant to Series X and PS5 due to CPU bottleneck. Why I don't know as this isn't typical UE behaviour.

If one good thing will come from the inevitable end to physical games it will much less preordering and enabling of this practice.

I listened to the Kinda Funny review and to their credit they spoke in length about how rough it was. Didn’t effect their score but at least they acknowledged it.

When’s the last time a big game had the score knocked down because of the performance?

I can deal with a little bit of jank, but this is rough as guts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Script conflicts, has to be. They all use same assets so it wouldn't impact UE but when you call one that doesn't mesh with another to bring up a menu, play sound, draw icon move icon on a grid and so on so forth there just has to be conflict with multiple running at same time so memory is getting janked to process it all then resetting.

The inevitable reduction to removal of physical for me will be fraught with danger and we'll see more of these kinda ports and just lazy instances from start to finish as "eh, just patch it later" will be more and more prevalent. Instead of say getting a trial or buy in for early access types, you'll be paying full AAA price for essentially early access beta things where you play QA tester. That's the future I see in either console or PC market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back