Stadium Redevelopments

Remove this Banner Ad

Have they got a new stadium incoming?

Yep. Power Court stadium:

As it stands going to be 17500 seats but might end up being 23k. You would think make it 23k now and not have to worry about expansion.

Kenilworth Rd is beyond redevelopment, there's just no room to build. The current improvements are only to ensure it is suitable for Premier League fixtures.

They even needed special dispensation to play without undersoil heating. Guess they'll install that if they stay up.

Yep. Power Court stadium:

As it stands going to be 17500 seats but might end up being 23k. You would think make it 23k now and not have to worry about expansion.

Kenilworth Rd is beyond redevelopment, there's just no room to build. The current improvements are only to ensure it is suitable for Premier League fixtures.

They even needed special dispensation to play without undersoil heating. Guess they'll install that if they stay up.
Kenilworth road getting sold off once they've moved?

Very few old stadiums left now. Loftus Rd is one in London. Great to visit but not sure I'd love going 20 times a year.

Kenilworth road getting sold off once they've moved?

Very few old stadiums left now. Loftus Rd is one in London. Great to visit but not sure I'd love going 20 times a year.

It'll be undoubtedly turned into housing with land values. They might keep some remnants of the stadium.

Goodison will be bulldozed too from what I understand.

Be surprised if any new stadium doesn't have corporate naming rights. Bit more difficult for existing/developed stadiums, but in Evertons case I think the money will be too big to go with a former player.

Stands/Ends maybe, but who gets it and who misses out can be a controversial choice.

Looks amazing. Is the area around going to be developed (pubs, restaurants etc) as well?

I know there is planning for a hotel football style setup about 200 hundred metres from the ground. The council want to have the walk to the ground to be similar to Wembley Way. Wanky restaurants and chains rather than pubs is likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know there is planning for a hotel football style setup about 200 hundred metres from the ground. The council want to have the walk to the ground to be similar to Wembley Way. Wanky restaurants and chains rather than pubs is likely.

Bugger the wanky restaurants. Go for a curry at the chippy or a battered burger.

Why don't Chelsea build a stadium as a showpiece to the new Earls Court green neighborhood being proposed? Ticks all the boxes for location. I get there's the CPO issue but surely their ownership could be transferred to a potential new venue?
The CPO AGM was held last Friday, i havent received anything yet. But if the stadium was discussed I'll let you know.

I guess the plan for us is to still rebuild where we are, we just purchased more land(the Stoll for £80m) and itll take a little while before that can be cleared.

Jason Gannon is apparently in charge of the Stadium rebuild, he oversaw SoFi stadium for the LA Rams which cost $5.5b, so maybe £2b isnt too bad haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back