Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

looking at the 3AW schedule:
broadcasting Thursday (hopefully permanent?)
Sunday pre-game starts at midday, so hopefully that means no more of the Sunday sport show with Harf and Robbo.

Yeah nah, like last year, I wonder if 3aw will pick and choose which Thursday games they'll do

Last edited:

looking at the 3AW schedule:
broadcasting Thursday (hopefully permanent?)
Sunday pre-game starts at midday, so hopefully that means no more of the Sunday sport show with Harf and Robbo.
Robbo isn't listed at all.

Gerard Healy and Ash Browne said the other night that 3AW will do hardly any Thursday night games, and it's a decision made at hq in Sydney.
Because there's apparently little interest in NRL Thursday games on the radio up there, they figure it's the same for Melbourne.

3AW's Friday night pre-game sounds a bit snoozy for me. FFS, bring back Mick Warner

Last edited:
Gerard Healy and Ash Browne said the other night that 3AW will do hardly any Thursday night games, and it's a decision made at hq in Sydney. Because there's little interest in NRL Thursday games on the radio up there, they figure it's the same for Melbourne.

3AW's Friday night pre-game sounds a bit snoozy for me. FFS, bring back Mick Warner
Mick Warner is a big miss.
I preferred Gerard Healy or Tim Lane compering as well but Lloyd and Matthews are as good as any in the business.

p.s. I am angry at HQ not at you for pointing it out :D

3AW (Channel 9) have completely exorcised all remnants of Fox Footy (News Ltd) talent from their coverage - is that right? Not unexpected I suppose.

Because there's apparently little interest in NRL Thursday games on the radio up there, they figure it's the same for Melbourne.
Their station in Sydney (2GB) don't have the rights for Thursdays, only MMM do on the commercial side, so it makes more sense for them to have a consistent East Coast schedule. 2GB do the late Friday (a Ch9 game), 2 games on Saturday and the 4PM game (also done by their owners 9) on the NRL side in a regular round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something I've not said because I've not bothered to. I don't know if it's changed because Harf finishes his show then they go to the news, so I don't get to hear it.

But I ******* hate the intro to Michael Felgate's show on RSN. I used to listen to Harf for as long as I could previously, then when I sensed the intro was about to come on, I'd hurry to tune the radio. It always used to s**t me to even hear even a nanosecond of it.

The worst sound ever.

just listening to the 3AW football song intro ("something about our game"), makes me realise that it was never updated to include GWS and Gold Coast (and doing so would throw the song out of whack)
It was out of whack when Port entered the comp replacing Fitzroy and Footscray named changed to Western Bulldogs. In the 2nd version first used in 1997 North Melbourne only appears every second time, the other time it's Port Power (as they were going to be known at time of recording I assume) rather than Port Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back