South Africa's Parliament Votes to Confiscate White-Owned Land

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't need diamonds or gold to keep the lights on.
This is close to the worst response I've ever read on this forum.

What was the intent behind this comment? Was it a defense of colonialists plundering natural resource wealth from the wider population? Because that's the only interpretation I can see fitting.

This is close to the worst response I've ever read on this forum.

What was the intent behind this comment? Was it a defense of colonialists plundering natural resource wealth from the wider population? Because that's the only interpretation I can see fitting.
Only the simple minded believe that economic prosperity is a result of zero sum transactions. Singapore is much richer than South Africa, was a former colony and has negligible natural resources. How?

Only the simple minded believe that economic prosperity is a result of zero sum transactions. Singapore is much richer than South Africa, was a former colony and has negligible natural resources. How?

When did Singapore oppress 50 million of its people for 100 years?

Last edited:
The lives of the majority of Sth Africans has improved. There are more people with home ownership. More people with electricity. More people with jobs.

The media and others in Sth Africa make it look bad because they show how much worse it's got for the top 10% who used to take 80% of the wealth. Now that they have to share it, they're relatively worse off and are actively shifting their money overseas, thus making things worse. Instead of their savings being invested by Sth African banks in Sth Africa, they're in Swiss and EU banks.

Could Sth African economy be better? Of course.

Is there corruption? Yes

Is it better than apartheid? Yes - just not for those who were benefitting most from apartheid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back