Songs you like, but never tell anyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of Rick Astley.

Many years ago I bought a box set of Radio Birdman records. It was an anthology of all their albums and some other stuff. One of the albums was mis labeled had the proper Radio Birdman record sticker on one side and a Rick Astley album label on the other side. The record was a proper Radio Birdman pressing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of Rick Astley.

Many years ago I bought a box set of Radio Birdman records. It was an anthology of all their albums and some other stuff. One of the albums was mis labeled had the proper Radio Birdman record sticker on one side and a Rick Astley album label on the other side. The record was a proper Radio Birdman pressing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it in a red box?

Just remembered - Under the Ashes.

Technically, it is allowed, but only because they supported Siouxsie and the Banshees and Robert Smith at the Astor in 1983.
I wouldn’t have thought Pseudo Echo was Siouxsie’s kind of music. Just can’t picture her dancing to Listening or A Beat For You at all.

Anyway, there are a number of ABBA songs that I like, although Dancing Queen is not one of them. And I do love Kim Wilde’s Cambodia and Hot Chocolate’s Everyone’s A Winner. I think both are amongst the best dozen or so songs ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a huge song and album in the day
I only heard this song when I bought a cheap CD called something like “ Coolest Album Ever” about 15 years ago. I loved it. I was playing this album on a long car trip with my sister and she said “notice there are no songs by women “ my only comeback was “ yeah but there are plenty of songs about women” , didn’t go down too well.

20 years since this all time banger.

Memo young blokes - get a few drinks into a lady, stick this on, and you'll be nudging guts before you know it.

Thank you :) You just reminded me of this :)

First band I saw. $12 or something at Festival Hall. Even played Waltzing Matilda on their "hooter" iirc :)
We were probably at the same gig. I was there with my mate who plays guitar in the rockwiz orchestra. They were a good band, played well, and I met a nice girl from a posh school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back