Roast Soccer host angry at AFL twitter

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, right, because Germans are culturally identical to Italians, who are culturally identical to Spanish, who are culturally identical to Swedes, who are culturally identical to English, who are culturally identical to Irish, who are culturally identical to the French…

Nuh these westerners don't exist in the U.S in massive numbers either, good point 😅.

As an example, Italian heritage U.S 5.1 percent, Australia 4.4 percent.

Last edited:
I don't understand why some AFL/NRL fans actively want the Football to fail in Australia.
It was disgraceful what happened yesterday but it was a minority in the crowd.
AFL/NRL aren't perfect with lots of drunken brawls every other weekend.
Wishing ill on other codes, noone comes close to soccer fans and their spite for football fans in this country.

Richmond and Collingwood aren't far off, and 20 years of Carlton being rubbish have sedated their fan base which has no shortage of potential.

Wander through the Punt Road end at a big Tigers game and there's plenty of aggressive drunken behaviour that consistently threatens to spill over. Same goes for the Pies at the Ponsford end.

But it is interesting the smaller numbers and bigger self importance seems to have taken the soccer hooligans over the line more often. What they lack in numbers they make up for in hyper aggressive attitudes.
While it might be confirmation on my part I still think soccer hooligans are distinct. The aggressive behaviour from drunk AFL bogans does exist but it still seems more like regular drunken lout behaviour that happens to be taking place at the football, whereas soccer generally seems to have a culture of fans actively rioting, as opposed to being generally drunk and aggressive.

Don't worry, she's distracted by a nickname she doesn't like. A nickname used by Cummings himself mind you.

Insightful. Shows the soccer fandom is part of trying to be a cultured honorary European intellectual as opposed to a colonial Australian lout. Soccer being embraced by the populace would be the last thing she wants as it would remove the superiority complex fuel she gets out of it imo.

While it might be confirmation on my part I still think soccer hooligans are distinct. The aggressive behaviour from drunk AFL bogans does exist but it still seems more like regular drunken lout behaviour that happens to be taking place at the football, whereas soccer generally seems to have a culture of fans actively rioting, as opposed to being generally drunk and aggressive.
Yes. As evidenced by the article I linked a couple of pages back, they actually think THEY are what the soccer is about; that what they do is more important than what happens out on the paddock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure that I read somewhere he is a lifelong Carlton fan. Of coarse he should be allowed to do this but it seems soccer nuffies are so hung up about this they can't fathom the possibility that one could be interested in multiple sports.

It’s more when the game is so fragmented and poorly supported here (by fans, government and everything in between) people get frustrated when someone who is playing or coaching in one of the bigger leagues comes back here and pretends everything is rosy with Football Australia, the A-League, grassroots etc. and poses for a photo with a Sherin.

No problem whatsoever with people loving any or all codes, it’s when they are happy to put on their rose tinted glasses about the game and ignore all the terrible management that’s gone on in this country for years - and still is.

I’m glad at least some people in the game are beginning to call out how shit it is here, just don’t do it with a Sherin in hand for a photo shoot 😂

It’s more when the game is so fragmented and poorly supported here (by fans, government and everything in between) people get frustrated when someone who is playing or coaching in one of the bigger leagues comes back here and pretends everything is rosy with Football Australia, the A-League, grassroots etc. and poses for a photo with a Sherin.

No problem whatsoever with people loving any or all codes, it’s when they are happy to put on their rose tinted glasses about the game and ignore all the terrible management that’s gone on in this country for years - and still is.

I’m glad at least some people in the game are beginning to call out how s**t it is here, just don’t do it with a Sherin in hand for a photo shoot 😂
Wtf does Ange care about the state of ALeague? A competition for those too old or not good enough to be in Europe? It has nothing to do with him. If he wants to hold a Sherrin and support Carlton, more power to him.

Wtf does Ange care about the state of ALeague? A competition for those too old or not good enough to be in Europe? It has nothing to do with him. If he wants to hold a Sherrin and support Carlton, more power to him.

Um because it’s where he broke out coaching?

That would be like saying “why should player X from my team give a shit about the VFL/WAFL/SANFL etc”. We need the feeder comps, grassroots, school comps to function well so the top tier can function well. It’s not rocket science. And that goes for all the footy codes.

To disregard them would be foolish.

Um because it’s where he broke out coaching?

That would be like saying “why should player X from my team give a s**t about the VFL/WAFL/SANFL etc”. We need the feeder comps, grassroots, school comps to function well so the top tier can function well. It’s not rocket science. And that goes for all the footy codes.

To disregard them would be foolish.
Please, he gave and did enough for Football Australia. They didn't give a shit, the "fans" didn't give a shit, they treated him poorly and it all amounted to nothing. So he left. He owes Football Australia nothing

Him having a photo op with a "rival" code doesn't affect the state of the game in this country one iota.

Football Australia has the same issue as the NBL. Nobody in this country really cares, except for bandwagoning, because ultimately they are leagues of has beens and never will be's.

Kids are enrolled in it as a waiting room until thier parents are comfortable enough for them to play League or Australian Rules due to concern of contact sports.

Until Football Australia figures out how to make the local competition a destination, it will forever struggle. But, they are too busy politicking and being corrupt.

So let the man have his photo with the team he supports, it means jack shit to the cluster**** that is Football Australia.

Hey, Albanese resents that.

psssst, I heard his favourite players is Dermott 'Barney' Franklin.

I remember last year when albo came on 3aw to spruik his funding for the tassie stadium. He goes 'yep I became a big hawks fan when I came to the 89 grand final and Leigh I remember you running around on that day'..... Leigh responds 'well I was well and truly retired by then prime minister'..... crickets 😅.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back