bballscout

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
He is apparently unhappy at Freo and has been linked to both the Suns and the Lions now.

How is e going over there?

Mark Harvey has said he wants him at the lions while gc need a good defender like Alex and probably hold the attaining power with both bris/freo.

What do you guys think Alex silvagni's trade value would be? Assuming cheap but what range draft pick? Also what type of players could you trade for?

Suns have to cut up to 10 players come season end + a few being traded on for various reasons. Some talented players in this group also!

We have no WA players in the firing line though (they are all guns), perhaps a 3rd rounder would get it done? What sort of money is his contract worth? Is he contracted or off contract?

he's contracted until the end of 2013, so you'd need to trade. hawks, dees, blues and cats would also be interested, i reckon. late first rounder or early second rounder if he's as well-regarded in the eastern states as he appears to be.

Where did you hear he was unhappy? And why do you have to cut 10 players?

Well he's playing a lot of wafl and mark Harvey mentioned it to a journo as he obviously rates Alex higher than Lyon does.

Do you guys want to retain him? I see him moving on either to qld or a vic club.

Too talented to be running around for Claremont IMO. Lyon is too in love with Dawson a similar type player.

Well he's playing a lot of wafl and mark Harvey mentioned it to a journo as he obviously rates Alex higher than Lyon does.

Do you guys want to retain him? I see him moving on either to qld or a vic club.

Too talented to be running around for Claremont IMO. Lyon is too in love with Dawson a similar type player.
Oh ok so you made it up. Sweet.

Our list reduces from 46 to 42 next season plus we need to draft 3 players + O'Meara and 1 or 2 rookie upgrades/incoming trades such as silvagni.

I know our WA based recruiter has been watching claremont every week also, coincidence or not?

Our list reduces from 46 to 42 next season plus we need to draft 3 players + O'Meara and 1 or 2 rookie upgrades/incoming trades such as silvagni.

I know our WA based recruiter has been watching claremont every week also, coincidence or not?
he'd been out of the team due to dawson being better, came back into the team and was shown up due to fitness and now out due to injury again. he'd be more disappointed with himself than with the club.

Long story, will try to keep it short.

There is a poster on Dockerland who rarely posts but when he/she does people take notice. The person must have inside information as regularly breaks big stories. Their thread got the word out that we were changing jumpers, it hit the media and as a result the FFC called an urgent press release and like that the Dockers would change forever. Other such info and post have been smack on, Palmer leaving for one.

Anyway, about 4 weeks ago I refreshed the page after a game and there was a new thread "Silvagni Going" from this person which stated he had instructed his management to field other offers as he was unhappy. The thread never grew legs and was deleted with in a couple of minutes.

All I am saying is I am not surprised to read this at all. Chances are he is definitely looking at moving on but things can change quickly.

some of it will hinge on mcphee, i think.

i love SCNOS but he's purely a lockdown player who struggles on the rebound. he's a centimetre shorter than anthony, who has a better rebound game and better disposal. both of their contracts end next year. should be interesting what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some of it will hinge on mcphee, i think.

i love SCNOS but he's purely a lockdown player who struggles on the rebound. he's a centimetre shorter than anthony, who has a better rebound game and better disposal. both of their contracts end next year. should be interesting what happens.

So they are both contracted for next year? Other posters claiming he has asked his manager to "field offers"???

Not surprising realy. Tbh I rate Dawson ahead of him plus Faulks is coming along nicely so no big loss. Late second rounder or a third would be fair I recon.

First post!
SHould go- doesn't seem suited under Ross's game style- plays better on instinct imho. WOuld take one of Lions young guys like zorko or hanley- but aint going to happen!

He worth a hell of a lot more then a third round draft pick. Good KPD's don't grow on trees. Ross would know that he is a required player when Mcpharlin retires but it is very risky not giving him game time. Although if Anthony turns his career around as a KPD all of a sudden we don't look too bad.

Silva is def a required player, we are likely to lose Grover, Faulks and possibly Anthony at the end of the year. He has only played one game this year but has been a good defender for us prior to that. Worth a second rounder or a high draft pick upgrade :)

He worth a hell of a lot more then a third round draft pick. Good KPD's don't grow on trees. Ross would know that he is a required player when Mcpharlin retires but it is very risky not giving him game time. Although if Anthony turns his career around as a KPD all of a sudden we don't look too bad.

I completely disagree and I hate this thinking. If players are too precious to play in the 2s while there are other players beating them on form then they aren't the sort of players we want anyway. If anything, they should be looking at it as a yardstick on their own form to see how they should be playing.

I completely disagree and I hate this thinking. If players are too precious to play in the 2s while there are other players beating them on form then they aren't the sort of players we want anyway. If anything, they should be looking at it as a yardstick on their own form to see how they should be playing.

Exactly if Silvagni was a player worth keeping he should be finding ways to improve his game rather than find ways to get out.

But the fact of the matter is players don't like it. Koby Stevens is most likely going to leave WC because of this. I don't disagree but I would understand if he was frustrated. Especially after being certain best 22 under the previous coach. Footy is an emotional game and their are others club in which he would be best 22. That's just the way it is.

But the fact of the matter is players don't like it. Koby Stevens is most likely going to leave WC because of this. I don't disagree but I would understand if he was frustrated. Especially after being certain best 22 under the previous coach. Footy is an emotional game and their are others club in which he would be best 22. That's just the way it is.

Well the club is about the whole not the individual. The fact is, that by gifting games to a player that believes they are best 22 when they aren't means that you are making the team that plays every week worse.

If Silvagni isn't getting picked on form and asks for a trade or game time I'd ship him straight out.

Well the club is about the whole not the individual. The fact is, that by gifting games to a player that believes they are best 22 when they aren't means that you are making the team that plays every week worse.

If Silvagni isn't getting picked on form and asks for a trade or game time I'd ship him straight out.

I understand but list manager's and the selection committee can't afford to be naive and unimaginative. Young recruits are not best 22 yet they still need to be given opportunities and experience. At present his absence in the team is perhaps warranted but it is still fraught with danger if he wanted to move and then injuries befall Mcpharlin, Dawson or both. But he is contracted which is good but our dearth in KPP's is the clubs main concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back