Strategy Shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic Vs Essendon, round 11 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the AFL has green-lit making changes to your 26 and naming someone from the 22 as the sub, I'm still hoping Yeo fills that role.

More likely to be O'Neill or Chesser though. Or maybe Clark again.

I reckon Chesser needs time in the WAFL for his development. Looks like he needs to gain confidence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can’t believe they are rushing Yeo back in - very risky.

I believe Shuey mentioned on 6PR that Yeo could have played last week, but in light of their recent injury history the club gave him another week. Let's hope the cautious approach pays off.

Sent from my CPH2069 using Tapatalk

I reckon Chesser needs time in the WAFL for his development. Looks like he needs to gain confidence

Not sure getting pumped by 100 points by a WAFL team helps him any either. Should be playing him across half back to give him some confidence. Don't see the value in denying Chesser and Hewitt as much game time as Ginbey is getting. If we had a better WAFL team, sure, but.....

interesting comment from Broadbridge in regards to Ginbey in todays West stating the Eagles are playing him out of position and could hinder his development by playing him in a run with role.
This is quite common at the Eagles playing blokes out of position. We see many of our recruits played in positions they have rarely played.

interesting comment from Broadbridge in regards to Ginbey in todays West stating the Eagles are playing him out of position and could hinder his development by playing him in a run with role.
This is quite common at the Eagles playing blokes out of position. We see many of our recruits played in positions they have rarely played.
We always recruit mids to play on the HBF. Time for affirmative action.

Not sure getting pumped by 100 points by a WAFL team helps him any either. Should be playing him across half back to give him some confidence. Don't see the value in denying Chesser and Hewitt as much game time as Ginbey is getting. If we had a better WAFL team, sure, but.....
the elephant in the room.

Usually midfielders pushed to a flank while the credits crew take all the CBD work. Never a flanker played in the guts. For years we've been moaning that we never give our kids a crack in there.

I think his time would be split better if we had more player availability. The plan was to rotate him, Yeo, Shuey between mid, back flank, bench, but the latter two haven't got on the park (like so many others) so we're forced to play Ginbey in the midfield and manage his minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ins are great.

Just a s**t situation though for Chesser and his development. Without the injuries he wouldn't have got a guernsey returning from injury. Now omitted and rightfully so.

What a cluster of a season.

Should have never played AFL round 1. One solid preseason game and everything else played in anger has been poor.

Should have never played AFL round 1. One solid preseason game and everything else played in anger has been poor.
Judging from what Simmo said in his presser today Chesser will be the sub. Would much rather he got a full game chasing some kicks and confidence in the WAFL game on Sunday.

With the pressure on players and coaches, tonight‘s game will be very competitive.
The Eagles will beat Essendon by 3 points, but remain at the bottom of the ladder due to poor percentage.

Judging from what Simmo said in his presser today Chesser will be the sub. Would much rather he got a full game chasing some kicks and confidence in the WAFL game on Sunday.

Simpson named Chesser as one of the players who would be in the WAFL along with Jack Williams, Burgiel and Hewett

Simpson named Chesser as one of the players who would be in the WAFL along with Jack Williams, Burgiel and Hewett

“Need him in the seniors” yet he has been omitted from the 22. Add that to his Insta post showing his SDNR designed boots I’d say it’s a very good chance he will be the sub.

Geez I hope they play Chesser in the WAFL. I think it can hinder confidence and development if they are not ready for AFL. I’d rather play Clark or Trew. Beagles might not be the greatest development environment but fingers crossed we are more competitive with 6-7 AFL listed guys.

“Need him in the seniors” yet he has been omitted from the 22. Add that to his Insta post showing his SDNR designed boots I’d say it’s a very good chance he will be the sub.

Go to 3.45 in the press conference (link below)

That tweet was part of answer to an earlier question referring to last weeks game

Go to 3.45 in the press conference (link below)

That tweet was part of answer to an earlier question referring to last weeks game

Good, he needs a body of work at that lower level to build some confidence and show he’s got what it takes to justify taking him at pick 14.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back