Show us your team

Remove this Banner Ad

Urmoe

Premiership Player
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Dec 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
Given this list of guys:

Adams, Benjamin, Campbell, Edwards, Firrito, Gibson, Goldstein, Greenwood, Grima, Hale, Harding, Harris, Jones, Lower, McIntosh, McMahon, O'Keefe, Petrie, Power, Rawlings, Riggio, Ross, Simpson, Smith, Swallow, Thomas, Thompson, Urquhart, Warren, Watt, Wright, Wundke, Ziebell

Which 22 plus emergencies (Campbell still not 100%) would you select to play this weekend.

Here are our opponents. I named Josh Carr and replaced him with Lower on the emergencies in place of Hartlett who has a 2 week hammy.

PORT ADELAIDE
B: Michael Pettigrew, Alipate Carlile, Jacob Surjan
HB: Nathan Krakouer, Troy Chaplin, Dom Cassisi
C: Travis Boak, Chad Cornes, Steven Salopek
HF: Robert Gray, Warren Tredrea, Josh Carr
F: Brett Ebert, Brendon Lade, Daniel Motlop
Foll: Dean Brogan, Kane Cornes, Danyle Pearce
Int: David Rodan, Peter Burgoyne, Tom Logan, Matt Thomas
Emg: Nick Lower, Matt Westhoff, Toby Thurstans

B-Scott Thompson, Nathan Grima, Levi Greenwood
HB-Michael Firrito, Drew Petrie, Leigh Harding
C-Daniel Wells, Adam Simpson, Gavin Urquhart
HF-Ben Warren, Hamish McIntosh, Matt Campbell
F-Josh Smith, Aaron Edwards, Leigh Adams
R-Todd Goldstein, Andrew Swallow, Jack Ziebell
INT-Daniel Harris, Brady Rawlings, Matt Riggio, Scott McMahon
EMER-Ben Ross, David Hale, Corey Jones

IN-Nathan Grima, Daniel Wells, Matt Campbell, Todd Goldstein, Matt Riggio, Leigh Adams, Josh Smith
OUT-Daniel Pratt (knee), David Hale, Lindsay Thomas, Ed Lower, Josh Gibson, Sam Power, Shannon Watt

According to the VFL reports Adams, Riggio and Goldstein were a level above anyone else on the ground, and although the changes are a lot, I think we're in the situation where we can start throwing caution to the wind. It's not like we have a lot to lose at this stage. Grima has to be played eventually and has had enough time in the reserves now.

As for the outs, I think they speak for themselves.

It is hard. Being a monday morning, and with a reluctance to get started on work, i have given it some thought.

• Named against the opponent I see them likely to line up on based on the team Urmoe posted. So Goldtsein will not play full back (despite the fact he does have some good defensive abilities).
  • Maybe it is because I have only seen him play once, but from reports i get the feeling Grima is not there yet. Our defence may be stretched for height, which may forced Spud into a backline role again. Although Lade is not what he used to be.
  • Jones has hit form and has to play. i think Wells will come back, and with Campbell will make a massive difference.
  • Lower has to be considered for another stopping role of Krakouer, but I would rather go mroe offensive and have a forward full of good marking targets and Matty and Adams.
  • McMahon to go where heeded. He is probably on his last chance after two bad efforts.
  • Goldstein and Hamish to take ruck duties, with Drew starting forward and pushing up the ground as needed. Hale lucky, but need to try and stretch them.
  • I thought Thomas was better on friday in terms of effort, but needs to freshen up, his confidence looks low.

IN: Goldstein, Adams, Jones, Campbell, Wells
OUT: Power, Thomas, Watt, Pratt, Lower

B: Michael Pettigrew, Alipate Carlile, Jacob Surjan
F: Corey Jones, David Hale, Matt Campbell

HB: Nathan Krakouer, Troy Chaplin, Dom Cassisi
HF: Ben Warren, Drew Petrie, Aaron Edwards

C: Travis Boak, Chad Cornes, Steven Salopek
C: Gav Urquhart, Adam Simpson, Andrew Swallow

HF: Robert Gray, Warren Tredrea, Josh Carr
HB: Levi Greenwood, Scott Thompson, Brady Rawlings

F: Brett Ebert, Brendon Lade, Daniel Motlop
B: Josh Gibson, Todd Goldstein, Leigh Harding

Foll: Dean Brogan, Kane Cornes, Danyle Pearce
Foll: Hamish McIntosh, Jack Ziebell, Daniel Wells

Int: David Rodan, Peter Burgoyne, Tom Logan, Matt Thomas
Int: Daniel Harris, Michael Firrito, Leigh Adams, Scott McMahon

Heres my team... Note no Daniel Wells as I dont think he was included in the list

B: Gibson - Grima - Thompson
HB: Harding - Petrie- Urquhart
C: Adams - Firrito - Ziebell
HF: McMahon - Edwards - Warren
F: Campbell - J Smith - Jones
Foll: Mcintosh - Swallow - Simpson
Int: Harris - Riggio - Greenwood - Rawlings

Wells for Riggio if fit, possibly to play off the half back line, delivering the ball forward whilst Harding pushes into the midfield
Harris in a rotation with Swallow

In: Wells, Campbell, Ross, Riggio, Smith.
Out: Thomas, Watt, Pratt, Hale, Power

B:Gibson, Thompson, Harding
HB:Greenwood, Petrie, Firrito
C:Wells, Urquhart, McMahon
HF:Ross, Edwards, Campbell
F:Warren Smith Lower

R:Macintosh, Swallow, Ziebell

I:Riggio, Harris, Simpson, Rawlings

I believe that if we try and shut down ten of Port's midfielders, we are doomed to fail. We need to take the game by the scruff of the neck and run, attack and play on at all costs. I don't mind this team one bit. Greenwood needs to stay. I thought his run out of the back-line and his skills by foot were excellent. McMahon needs to be played in the middle. Is too good to be wasted in the back-half. With this team, our skills improve five-fold.

[*]McMahon to go where heeded. He is probably on his last chance after two bad efforts.

I hope you are joking. McMahon has been one player that has actually played consistently for six rounds. I would be looking at the effectiveness of Harding more urgently. McMahon is someone that can be chucked around, though I would really like to see what he can do in the guts or on the wing. He is important.

Wells wont play, only 50% chance at best, wont be risked.

McMahon to go where heeded. He is probably on his last chance after two bad efforts

Goldstein and Hamish to take ruck duties, with Drew starting forward and pushing up the ground as needed. Hale lucky, but need to try and stretch them.

Sometimes wonder whether you are JYD Zebra.
McMahon is one of a few quality players we currently have who is also being played out of position. We need another utility too, not.

If Goldy plays you cant play Hale, simple as that. Get with the programme.

Sometimes wonder whether you are JYD Zebra.
McMahon is one of a few quality players we currently have who is also being played out of position. We need another utility too, not.

If Goldy plays you cant play Hale, simple as that. Get with the programme.

out of position? What is his position then? he was taken out of the backline against the Tiges because he refused to put in the rquired effort and he was given a shot forward this week, but had little impact (not totally his fault).

If i was JYD I would have played Goldy since the Dogs game - which was our best performance of the year. Bringing Goldstein in reduces the utility mentality.

out of position? What is his position then? he was taken out of the backline against the Tiges because he refused to put in the rquired effort and he was given a shot forward this week, but had little impact (not totally his fault).

If i was JYD I would have played Goldy since the Dogs game - which was our best performance of the year. Bringing Goldstein in reduces the utility mentality.
Another example of Laidleys lack of vision and addiction to half backs.

Edwards was suspended till round 5 and Jones in the s**t.

McMahon rocks up with improved fitness and attitude, so what does Dean do?

Puts him in the backline when Edwards is missing, Jones and Thomas were playing s**t.

He is a great kick for goal and a good mark for his size.

He shouldve been HF with an eye for the midfield.

Not another HB with an eye to pinch hit up forward then the VFL.

These type of mistakes have ruined our season. We cant kick a score. Edwards is back, tried his best but its too late.

Out:Thomas, Watt, Pratt, Hale, Power, Gibson
In: Adams, Wells, Grima, Ross, Smith, Goldstein
B: Greenwood, Thompson, Firrito
HB:petrie, Grima, Harding
C:Rawlings , Swallow, Uruquart
HF:McMahon, Edwards, Warren
F: Ross, Smith, Campbell

R: McIntosh, Ziebell, Wells

I: Adams, Harris, Simpson, Lower

Greenwood: Definately has to play, he has been good so far and i think he will only get better. His drive out of the backline last week was excellent and kicking has good penetration.

Thompson: He has been good, he seemed like he lacked a bit of confidence last week but i think he should definately start this week.

Firrito: I think Firrito should be playing backline, either a HBF or BF now that Pratty has gone down eith injury. He needs to find his feet and provide drive out of the backline.

Petrie: He needs to play as a third defender. He hasn't had an impact in the forward line so i think his marking should be utilised in the backline. Dropping back into the whole and clogging the oppositions forward line. He has the option to drift forward and really take the game on.

Grima: During the pre season, he was up there with the endurance testing. There is no reason why he can't hold down CHB. He can be anothe player who can provide drive from defence. He takes Watt's spot.

Harding: Needs to find some form, was good in the first three rounds but has dropped off. He needs to provide run and some spark. Should not be used as a tagger, and he should be let loose to attack and play his own game.

Rawlings: He plays as a tagger. He should be the only one who plays this way. Simple.

Swallow: Has been excellent in the first rounds of this year. Good to see him stick it up all those non-believers. He still lacks a little bit of polish but he makes up for it with willingless to go in and get the hard ball.

Urquart: Was one of our best last week. Should play up the ground and start having an impact on the scoreboard. Should be told to attack and take the game on.

McMahon: Wasn't too flash in defence last week. I think his best games are in the forward line. He should be given the licence to roam far and wide. His marking and kicking is excellent, he could be used as a link man and lead up forward. Would like to see him close to goal at some stages.

Edwards: Played good last week, had impact on the score board, and moved around the ground very well. Do the same this week, rotate out of the square with Josh Smith.

Warren: I owe this guy an apology. I was a non believer, but his work rate is excellent. I love the way he goes about his footy and he has a good set of hands on him. He can roam up the ground and he also can drift in the forward 50 and have an impact on the score board.

Ross: Gets his chance based on his first 3 Games of VFL. want to see him roatated through the midfield and forward pocket.

Smith: Here is your chance! Hale has been disgarceful this year, he is to one dimensional and he plays for free kciks too much. Josh to come in and play a traditonal FF role. Play out of the square, run hard at the football and break any pack that stands in your way. Have a shot if your anywhere near the 50. Swap with Edwards and lead up the ground too.

Campbell: Back from injury, needs to show a bit and his defensive pressure is crutial. He needs to step up and kick a bag.

McIntosh: Keep doing what your doing, can rest forward and have an impact. He should dominate Lade around the groud and not let him drift forward.

Ziebell: Keep doing what your doing. Play your natural hard game, and impact with your pin point kicking and pressure.

Wells: Not sure he'll be in the side, but if he is he should be 100% fit. If thats the case he should take the game on and give Port some of their own medicine. Needs to kick some goals on the run from 50.

Adams: Earned his spot, hope he comes in and plays a blinder. His skills are good and can rotate with swallow, in the midfield. Should not be played as a tagger, he is too good and can win his own ball.

Harris: Had a good game last week, needs to do it consitantly. Give Wells, Ziebell and Uruquart first use of the ball as much as possible.

Simmo: His on field leadership is excellent. Needs to be more effective with disposal.

Lower: Include him in the midfield rotations I do not want to see him used as a tagger. Takes him out of the game too much.

Go roos.

I think Levi is a bit out of his depth from what I saw, he picked it up a little in the last half against the Pies, but he's playing a bit like Lachie early days, making mistakes and so on. But his kicking has been impressive though, bullet passes to guys on the lead. I guess we need to start playing him so he gets used to the level, but I think he might take a while.

My changes.

In: Ross, Riggio, Campbell, Goldstein, Grima, Wells/Jones/Wundke
Out: Power, Lower, Thomas, Watt, Pratt (inj.), Hale (controversial, but down on form, could send a message)

I think Goldstein is more mobile, and a better tap ruckman. Ross, Campbell and Riggio would give us more run. Might as well try Grima at FB, can't be any worse than Watt.

Firrito Thompson Gibson
Simpson Petrie Harding
Benjamin McMahon Urquhart
Smith Ziebell Warren
Thomas Edwards Garlett
McIntosh Harris Swallow

Adams, Goldstein, Ross, Rawlings

Grima, Riggio, Lower, Jones

Garlett to be elevated after Harvey put on long term injury list
Firrito, Simpson, McMahon and Urquhart could be alternated
Ziebell to trot forward and roam the square/chf position
Smith and Warren as lead up forwards
With Ziebell "roaming", leaves the corridor open for Edwards to lead into
McIntosh and Goldstein to ruck
Garlett, Adams, Ross to run through the midfield
No Campbell if he is not 100%

pfft who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB Harding, Grima, Gibson
HB Urquhart, S Thompson, Greenwood
C Ziebell, Simpson, Rawlings
HF C Jones, Petrie, McMahon
FF Campbell, Edwards, Ross
R Hamish, Firrito, Swallow

Int Warren, J Smith, Harris, Adams
Emg Riggio, Thomas, Hale

Ins Grima, J Smith, C Jones, Ross, Adams, Campbell
Outs Pratt (inj) Watt, Power, Hale, Lower, Thomas

Very tempted to play Riggio in place of Rawlings. Would come in if Harris missed.

And this is all assuming that Wells doesn't come up.

Now show us your side Urmoe.:thumbsu:

My team this week to line up against Port should be:
B: Gibson Grima Rawlings
Motlop Lade Ebert
HB: Urquhart Thompson Harding
Gray Tredrea Rodan
C: Firrito Simpson McMahon
Carr Burgoyne Pearce
HF: Thomas Petrie Lower
Surjan Cornes Chaplain
F: Campbell Edwards Hale
Pettigrew Carlile Salopek
R: McIntosh Harris Ziebell
Brogan Cornes Cassisi
I: Jones Ross Swallow Warren
Logan Boak Thomas Krakouer
E: Goldstein Greenwood Adams

Thompson Meyer Lower

FOR US OUTS ARE: Power, Watt, Greenwood and Pratt.
INS ARE: Ross, Grima, Campbell and Jones.

Now show us your side Urmoe.:thumbsu:
Sorry mate, I forgot to attach.

F:Warren, Smith, Campbell
B: Pettigrew, Carlile, Surjan
HF:Adams, Edwards, Thomas
HB: Krakouer, Chaplin, Cassisi
C: McMahon, Swallow, Rawlings
C: Boak, Cornes, Salopek
HB: Firrito, Thompson, Urquhart
HF: Gray, Tredrea, Carr
B: Gibson, Petrie, Harding
F: Ebert, Lade, Motlop
Foll: McIntosh, Zeibell, Ross
Foll: Brogan, Cornes, Pearce
Int: Goldstein, Harris, Simpson, Riggio
Int: Rodan, Burgoyne, Logan, Thomas
Emg:Jones, Wright, Greenwood
Emg: Lower, Westhoff, Thurstans

Sorry mate, I forgot to attach.

F:Warren, Smith, Campbell
B: Pettigrew, Carlile, Surjan
HF:Adams, Edwards, Thomas
HB: Krakouer, Chaplin, Cassisi
C: McMahon, Swallow, Rawlings
C: Boak, Cornes, Salopek
HB: Firrito, Thompson, Urquhart
HF: Gray, Tredrea, Carr
B: Gibson, Petrie, Harding
F: Ebert, Lade, Motlop
Foll: McIntosh, Zeibell, Ross
Foll: Brogan, Cornes, Pearce
Int: Goldstein, Harris, Simpson, Riggio
Int: Rodan, Burgoyne, Logan, Thomas
Emg:Jones, Wright, Greenwood
Emg: Lower, Westhoff, Thurstans
You bring in Cambo, Ross and Adams and leave in Thomas?

holy s**t did someone say McMahon is on his last chance? Top 5 finish if the B & F was judged today.

Anyways here's my team.

B McMahon Thompson Gibson
HB Urquhart Grima Harding
C Rawlings Firrito Ziebell
HF Warren Petrie Jonees
F Campbell Edwards Thomas
R McIntosh Swallow Harris

I Goldstein, Ross, Simpson, Greenwood

Yeah mate, what's your point, six changes not enough for you?
1) is a fp and very short and newish
2) is a resting fp and very short and coming off an injury
3) is a fp and very short and s**t
4) is a resting fp very short and coming off an injury

But yeah, would drop LT if brought 1 of those 3 in, let alone all 3 of them.

rippednew1 if Adams and Ross came in they would both spend most their time in the middle. U obviously are not familiar with what kind of player they are.

rippednew1 if Adams and Ross came in they would both spend most their time in the middle. U obviously are not familiar with what kind of player they are.
They are resting forward pockets and to play them all is rather stupid as they need to be able to have a run in the fp at times.
They are all tiny little people also, we arent a circus at Arden st anymore.

They are resting forward pockets and to play them all is rather stupid as they need to be able to have a run in the fp at times.
They are all tiny little people also, we arent a circus at Arden st anymore.
Yeah mate, they all came to the club making their name in their respective competitions as resting forward pockets. Nev loved those type of blokes.

Plus with the rotations these days we need 4 resting forward pockets, 1 pocket each side and 2 forward pockets on the bench for rotations.

And I dont understand who you are calling crap, can you put names next to each of these numbers? Is 2 and 4, Campbell and Adams, 1 is Ross and 3 Thomas? Is that what you are saying?

1) is a fp and very short and newish
2) is a resting fp and very short and coming off an injury
3) is a fp and very short and s**t
4) is a resting fp very short and coming off an injury

No doubt about it __aria__, you know your stuff:thumbsu:

B-Scott Thompson, Nathan Grima, Levi Greenwood
HB-Michael Firrito, Drew Petrie, Leigh Harding
C-Daniel Wells, Adam Simpson, Gavin Urquhart
HF-Ben Warren, Hamish McIntosh, Matt Campbell
F-Josh Smith, Aaron Edwards, Leigh Adams
R-Todd Goldstein, Andrew Swallow, Jack Ziebell
INT-Daniel Harris, Brady Rawlings, Matt Riggio, Scott McMahon
EMER-Ben Ross, David Hale, Corey Jones

IN-Nathan Grima, Daniel Wells, Matt Campbell, Todd Goldstein, Matt Riggio, Leigh Adams, Josh Smith
OUT-Daniel Pratt (knee), David Hale, Lindsay Thomas, Ed Lower, Josh Gibson, Sam Power, Shannon Watt

According to the VFL reports Adams, Riggio and Goldstein were a level above anyone else on the ground, and although the changes are a lot, I think we're in the situation where we can start throwing caution to the wind. It's not like we have a lot to lose at this stage. Grima has to be played eventually and has had enough time in the reserves now.

As for the outs, I think they speak for themselves.
good side there, i wouldnt mind if we lose playing that team, as it is a young team.
Also with Jesse Smith, Hansen and Tarrant in good form over a couple of years we should see a gun team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back