SFNL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biff was brought back after the Springy vs Keysey game. Anyone care to elaborate on what happened? Looked to be coaches and potentially some spectators involved?

Yeah, heard that on the grapevine, supporters, coaches throwing cut lunches around. Hopefully no one hurt.
Do they play each other this week?

Will be interesting. Highett’s President was banned from the whole finals series for a very minor verbal run in with a murrumbeena player last year. This looks a fair bit worse than that.

Video showed a few punches thrown.
You’d hate to see players miss finals but given some of the minor charges the MRP have pushed through this year you’d think charges will be laid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He absolutely played. He has had to recover from a fairly serious leg injury which has kept him out for a while. He’s spent a few games on one leg in the thirds and played a game in the ressies before returning to the seniors. Opposition thirds players will tell you he spent a fair amount of time onfield as well even though he was injured. It’s not like you could just write him on the team sheet and claim Robbo played. Everyone knows him.

He absolutely played. He has had to recover from a fairly serious leg injury which has kept him out for a while. He’s spent a few games on one leg in the thirds and played a game in the ressies before returning to the seniors. Opposition thirds players will tell you he spent a fair amount of time onfield as well even though he was injured. It’s not like you could just write him on the team sheet and claim Robbo played. Everyone knows him.
How is Callinan Tigersman? That hit shook the whole ground let alone him.

How is Callinan Tigersman? That hit shook the whole ground let alone him.
He’s good, no damage done. Was a huge hit! Roberts couldn’t have got him any sweeter.

Anyone from Hampton have an update on the bloke that was in trouble on their bench at the end of the game?
I heard broken ankle?

He’s good, no damage done. Was a huge hit! Roberts couldn’t have got him any sweeter.

Anyone from Hampton have an update on the bloke that was in trouble on their bench at the end of the game?
I heard broken ankle?

two broken bones in the leg. unfortunate footy accident with a teammate landing on said leg.

Six SFL Clubs are being wooed to join MPNFL. As far as I am aware Clubs have to provide 12 months notice if they wish to change competitions. Chelsea Heights, Skye, Hampton Park, Lyndhurst, CPL and Frankston Dolphins could be on the move. Can anyone from any of these Clubs provide some insight?

Cranbourne would feel slightly miffed, surely the big south 6 will knock Hampton Park back.
I thought HP were talking to Outer East not MPNFL.

Six SFL Clubs are being wooed to join MPNFL. As far as I am aware Clubs have to provide 12 months notice if they wish to change competitions. Chelsea Heights, Skye, Hampton Park, Lyndhurst, CPL and Frankston Dolphins could be on the move. Can anyone from any of these Clubs provide some insight?
Don’t think the SFNL has the 12 month rule.

They have a very flexible admission policy as well that does not include having to tell existing member clubs anything.

StFrancis will be in next year for a start. I just hope they land with an amount of clubs that makes for strong divisions. We can’t have a 6 team division like this season

Last edited:
You would think the only team to entertain the idea to move would be the dolphins . It’s laughable that the mpnfl are trying to poach clubs

You would think the only team to entertain the idea to move would be the dolphins . It’s laughable that the mpnfl are trying to poach clubs
What would make it attractive if your a club stuck in the middle to low rungs in our Comp?
Free league fees for a year or two is a chance to bank $45k. You’d be playing in a league with a gate so there’s income there as well. Some of those side have good supporter numbers.

More local games perhaps?

Cerberus might be a better fit geographically as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back